Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Oberon Changes

[DE]Rebecca

The proposed change to Hallowed Ground feels rather inconsequential. Barring Defense missions, people really don't stand around in one spot shooting in a stationary fashion. Hallowed Ground as described might be good in another game, but not this one. That's just not how people play Warframe. Even Snow Globe is largely used as an excuse to run around flipping out like ninjas.

Now, if you made Hallowed Ground a PBAoE that followed the Oberon around we would be talking. It incentivizes teamwork, following your buddies around, being there to back them up rather than buggering off to Hallway Warrior all by your introverted lonesome.

I approve the changes.

Except renewal when already Healed to the max.

Why can't oberon overheal? that would be pretty useful  since we don't get proced that often. + if the target is already at max health it's unlikely that he'll have any procs to heal anyway!

No what it is saying "I think" is.. when you heal a target -- when he HITS max health, THEN it will remove procs-- he doesn't have to be full health when it hits him.  Atleast that's the way I took it....

Always thought oberon was fine.

And never understood why the community disliked him, or said he needed a buff.

Either way this will make him even better, and now hallow grounds may actually be useful.

Mainly because in his current incarnation, everything he does someone else does better. Damage, healing, you name it.

Jesus, these buffs look good. Glad they're going to make Oberon playable, but it seems to me like Reckoning will become his go-to skill over Renewal. Hallowed Ground is interesting, but with the current shape of his casts, may be a bit limited in usage. Smite could be interesting, but I rarely use single-target abilities regardless, so I may not use it unless it's ridiculously powerful- that may be the case here, however.

Renewal is probably going to suffer some of the same issues it has before, just because it can't be as reactionary as Blessing. With the current direction Oberon is going, however, it seems like it's going to be more along the lines of passive healing, which is an interesting distinction between him and Trinity. I feel like Trinity will continue to be the go-to healing 'frame, but Oberon will be interesting for his offensive/support role which has always juuuust eluded him.

Tenno,

Please take a look at the coming changes to Oberon and his powers in the next major Warframe update (hopefully this week on PC!). It’s worth noting that all the listed details below are subject to change. Please feel free to discuss these within this thread.

Armor:

- Oberon’s base Armor increased to 150.

Smite:

- Projectiles that are spawned after impact seek-to-target, not just spawned in direction.

- Speed up projectiles by 50%.

- Forced Radiation proc on the initial target.

- Forced Knock-down on initial target instead of stumble.

- Forced Puncture proc on all enemies hit.

Hallowed Ground:

- Allies within Hallowed Ground can not be proc’ed.

- Hallowed Ground will remove all existing procs from Allies.

- Armour boosted by 5/10/15/20% per rank for all Allies with Hallowed Ground, with stacking being explored on multiple casts.

Renewal:

- Switch to toggle ability with smaller base cost and energy per second active drain. All Renewal benefits occur when projectile reaches target ally.

- Boost Heal amount 200/250/300/400 per rank.

- When target is fully healed, remove proc effects.

- Allies bleeding out are affected by Renewal in that bleedout will be slowed. 20/25/35/45% per rank as well as affected by duration mods.

Reckoning:

- Forced Radiation Proc added to damage on targets.

- Small radial blind added to slam impact, but only for enemies that survive the damage of the cast. This radial blind will be applied to enemies that move into range after it’s been cast and are blinded by the impact of those being slammed by Reckoning!

Thank you for reading!

Sounds pretty good.(Although, I'm going to miss randomly-bouncing smite particles--those were awesome!)

One thing: Renewal needs to have an active caveat. That is, if Renewal is toggled, and doing something(healing someone or removing procs or slowing a bleed out), it drains energy as planned. However, if it's not doing anything(everyone's alive and at full health), it should not be draining energy

EDIT: One other note: Saryn is listed as having 155 armor. For consistency sake, shouldn't you spot him the extra 5 armor, so that it's an equal tier?

Edited by Llyssa

Hallowed Ground:
- Allies within Hallowed Ground can not be proc’ed.
- Hallowed Ground will remove all existing procs from Allies.
- Armour boosted by 5/10/15/20% per rank for all Allies with Hallowed Ground, with stacking being explored on multiple casts.

Yessss... this is almost exactly what I was looking for in Hallowed Ground! There's no enemy slow, but to me it seems that the skill has become a 'stand and fight' zone that's got great synergy with the bolstered Renewal, and distinguishes him wonderfully from Trinity. Consider widening the AoE, though!

Smite's Knock-Down and Radiation proc on initial target is also very exciting, but what affect do the projectiles have on enemies? Just a puncture proc? Weakening enemies is great, but what are the (current) chances of a radiation proc on each projectile?

Reckoning looks even more awesome now, too. And I love the Renewal changes, faster, persistent healing is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Looking forward to this going live!

Edited by Varzy

Sounds pretty good.(Although, I'm going to miss randomly-bouncing smite particles--those were awesome!)

One thing: Renewal needs to have an active caveat. That is, if Renewal is toggled, and doing something(healing someone or removing procs or slowing a bleed out), it drains energy as planned. However, if it's not doing anything(everyone's alive and at full health), it should not be draining energy

EDIT: One other note: Saryn is listed as having 155 armor. For consistency sake, shouldn't you spot him the extra 5 armor, so that it's an equal tier?

This is probably a good idea to make Renewal applicable in pugs where checking the health of other players is a hassle.

A bit over complicated, no? Few more of these buffs and everything will glow in several different colors and types of glows with procs raining everywhere. It's already harsh to the eye to see all those auras.

Aww man, if you rework Nekros as good as Broberon, you'll earn all my respect D.E. . (Smite & Hallowed ground are useful now!)

Oberon will finally be a viable paladin, and I hope Nekros will be a desecrater viable Grim Reaper, killing & summoning like the Angel of Death he represents.

Grim-Reaper-psd36292.png

(these changes might keep me patiently waiting until stealth gets its needed love...)

Edited by unknow99

generally, when targets are blinded, they fire (albeit slowly) in the general direction where they last saw or heard a threat

if they hear each other firing while radiation is going, they'll assume that they're threats and start blindly firing at each other

this will also affect pvp in the sense that anybody getting hit by it and firing blindly will hit anything they manage to fire at

Oh alright.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

No what it is saying "I think" is.. when you heal a target -- when he HITS max health, THEN it will remove procs-- he doesn't have to be full health when it hits him.  Atleast that's the way I took it....

Well that's weird.

Why not just make the target immune to procs during renewal. Makes more sense to me 

One minor worry:

Would he be OP?

Consider: What happens if you have 4 Oberon, and all 4 have renewal up? Exactly how much damage would it take to even wound someone then, let alone kill them?

Or

What if you have 4 oberon, and they stack hallowed grounds?

OR

What if you have 4 oberon, and they stack hallowed grounds AND put up renewal?

It's not quite "completely invincible", but a quick pass at the math makes this combo pretty much undying in any circumstances.

Like the changes overall, but my issue is with Renewal...

Toggle ability, but activates when projectile reaches another Tenno.

How will an Oberon player know if it has reached or not, without monitoring team HP (even then they could be using Life Strike).

I know, stick together right, if only it was that easy :)

Why not just remove the delay and projectiles?

These changes are fantastic. Although I do think there should be some sort of detriment to enemies that step within Hallowed Ground, such as lowered movement speed or another proc of sorts. 

Also, I am in support of this: 

With the changes to Hallowed Ground I think it would work better as a spherical area around Oberon's position when he casts it rather than a long rectangle rolled out in front of him.

Perhaps even make the ability a toggled one? If so, the base range values would have to be increased to make up for the fact that the ability cannot be cast multiple times over an area. 

Just throwin' out thoughts here. In any case, many thanks to the team at DE! 

Well that's weird.

Why not just make the target immune to procs during renewal. Makes more sense to me 

It's a toggle ability so it can be kept up almost indefinitely. The idea here is if you want to be totally immune to procs toss down a Hallowed Ground, but Renewal is more of a passive heal that'll cure you of, say, slashing or toxin damage fairly quick.