Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Oberon Changes

[DE]Rebecca

One important suggestion to the proposed Hallowed Ground

Increase the AoE so that it also starts underneath Oberon, instead of in front of him like the current incarnation.

If it's going to give ally buffs, then casting this skill should give Oberon the effect immediately, instead of casting and kind of, like, taking one step forward like an idiot.

That one step is going to get real annoying real fast. It's a small QoL thing to consider.

Edited by Varzy

Will Hallowed Ground retain it's actual range and way of cast?

For the looks of the buff it seems rather dificult to use it for a entire squad or even to solo play, since the form of the skill on the ground only makes it viable on small corridors.

In my opnion it should became a static radial area on cast, similar to frost's snow globe

Edit: Or give the skill a "square-like" form rather than "retangular", at least it would be more usefull to put in all kinds of areas.

Edited by EarinoWolf

Mainly because in his current incarnation, everything he does someone else does better. Damage, healing, you name it.

Which is really what Paladins are. He's not the tank, he's not the healer, he's not the fighter, and he's not the mage. Yet, he can do all ofthose things, because the team will need any of those traits at any given time.

For the looks of the buff it seems rather dificult to use it for a entire squad or even to solo play, since the form of the skill on the ground only makes it viable on small corridors.

In my opnion it should became a static radial area on cast, similar to frost's snow globe

It's actually fairly sized, and if stacked with range extenders, can become downright enormous(stretch+over-extend will cover pretty much any floor in the game).

EDIT: Although, that being said, a larger default size wouldn't hurt.

Edited by Llyssa

I have to agree with Fiaryn, very few people stay around the pod, I have no idea why because you know where the enemy will always be but that just me, maybe one out of ten stay by the pod, so Obe's Hollowed Ground would be of better use as a movable orb of protection not unlike the Corpus ice eximus.

I have to agree with Fiaryn, very few people stay around the pod, I have no idea why because you know where the enemy will always be but that just me, maybe one out of ten stay by the pod, so Obe's Hollowed Ground would be of better use as a movable orb of protection not unlike the Corpus ice eximus.

I think the cost of the skill should drop a little to help it act as a kind of disposable, defensive buff to throw up in the face of enemies and in the event of a swarm of heavies in Survival, etc.

Or people could stay by the friggin' pod.

EDIT: Oddly, nobody whines about snowglobe having this issue.

Edited by Llyssa

Reckoning:

- Small radial blind added to slam impact, but only for enemies that survive the damage of the cast. This radial blind will be applied to enemies that move into range after it’s been cast and are blinded by the impact of those being slammed by Reckoning!

YOU GET RADIAL BLIND

AND YOU GET A RADIAL BLIND

EVERYBODY GETS A RADIAL BLIND

Seriously though, why not a AoE stagger around all Reckoning target after the impact?

Great to see Oberon getting some love, look forward to seeing how the changes pan out.

What I might suggest is increasing the proposed armour bonus for Hallowed Ground. Valkyr's War Cry boosts armour by 50% at max rank and it's barely noticeable, even on Valkyr herself with that huge base armour value. If the proposed armour boosts were increased tenfold, it might be something I'd consider stopping to stand in for a little while. :P

I also hope there are plans to give allies an aura or some sort of glow effect when standing on Hallowed Ground, to signal it's buffing them. >.>

Great to see Oberon getting some love, look forward to seeing how the changes pan out.

What I might suggest is increasing the proposed armour bonus for Hallowed Ground. Valkyr's War Cry boosts armour by 50% at max rank and it's barely noticeable, even on Valkyr herself with that huge base armour value. If the proposed armour boosts were increased tenfold, it might be something I'd consider stopping to stand in for a little while. :P

I also hope there are plans to give allies an aura or some sort of glow effect when standing on Hallowed Ground, to signal it's buffing them. >.>

The Armor buffs will probably stack - 20% base, 40% with two, 60% with three, etc

My concern with that is the sheer energy expense it'll carry.

So much yes to these. Broberon and excalibro for life!

*insert 4 more years chant here*

On behalf of myself, since I run Oberon most of the time: THANK YOU

Mainly because in his current incarnation, everything he does someone else does better. Damage, healing, you name it.

Which is really what Paladins are. He's not the tank, he's not the healer, he's not the fighter, and he's not the mage. Yet, he can do all ofthose things, because the team will need any of those traits at any given time.

As furby said, it's really the point of Oberon. He isn't supposed to do anything really super well, rather do a bunch of different things moderately well. That's what Paladins are, all arounders.

Armor buff: Okay, whatever. It's nice, but eh.

Smite: Better, but still bad.

Hallowed Ground: Better, but still not very good. Needs to be significantly bigger.

Renewal: Actually USABLE now, but the orb mechanic was always dumb and should have been remmoved.

Reckoning: Better, but still not very good. For me, the draw was always the health orbs, so I'd have much preferred that enemies hit with it drop health orbs whether or not Reckoning is what kills them.

Overall: Rage+Renewal Oberon actually looks decent, but 3/4 powers are still mostly pointless.

Also, I am in support of this:

One important suggestion to the proposed Hallowed Ground

Increase the AoE so that it also starts underneath Oberon, instead of in front of him like the current incarnation.

If it's going to give ally buffs, then casting this skill should give Oberon the effect immediately, instead of casting and kind of, like, taking one step forward like an idiot.

That one step is going to get real annoying real fast. It's a small QoL thing to consider.

Seems like more people are in favor of changing the shape/position of Hallowed Ground with its new mechanics.

How about it, DE?

Personally I really like the renewal change if I understand it right.

Toggled as in basically a super rejuvenation with energy drain and proc remover at full health (a lot more handy than it sounds when you're talking slows, burns, and most likely blinds), a really good skill and fitting on oberon (fitting on trinity too but blessing is already so good at what it does adding renewal to her skill set would be a bit overkill, if not blatantly unbalancing if you consider rage and quick thinking in addition to these changes).

The hallowed ground change is gonna need a bit more than effect changes if it's going to function as a buff zone as well.