Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Oberon Changes

[DE]Rebecca

I would be more excited by this if i didn't feel like it's sidetracking from the Kubrow issues.

*Fear mongering alert*

We are only at 14.2.4 we still got 14.3 and 14.4 to go before kubrow fixes come. Plus warframe reworks were mentioned before kubrow works. So unless something goes wrong DE are in perfect allignment no sidetracking what so ever.

OhNoBeron..

Agree with the people noting that Excalibro is getting pretty cheated.

Disagree with those that think Radial Blind is his only useful ability.

He does need some buffing dmg wise would be nice if Slash Dash combined with the equipped weapon like Hysteria does.. Yea, I know this isn't that thread, but what's done is done.

Congrats to all the Hoboberon users.

@"Next major update = This week" I hope not the event yet. Lots of other things still need fixing.

Edited by Gurzil

*Fear mongering alert*

We are only at 14.2.4 we still got 14.3 and 14.4 to go before kubrow fixes come. Plus warframe reworks were mentioned before kubrow works. So unless something goes wrong DE are in perfect allignment no sidetracking what so ever.

I know, i just can't avoid thinking of how much the Kubrows are currently bothering me... What, between the Stasis, the Loyalty with interaction limits, the fact that they can die if i feel like leaving the game without putting a kubrow on stasis because i can't be asked to log and everything else.

I AM happy that Oberon is getting some buff and there's some cool stuff like Renewal curing stats and Hallowed being basically a way to fend off toxic dmg... But hey, DE make a habit of letting old issue just slide under the rug and never bothering to fix them (Remember how long the hack minigame stood broken?)

Tenno,

Please take a look at the coming changes to Oberon and his powers in the next major Warframe update (hopefully this week on PC!). It’s worth noting that all the listed details below are subject to change. Please feel free to discuss these within this thread.

Armor:

- Oberon’s base Armor increased to 150.

Smite:

- Projectiles that are spawned after impact seek-to-target, not just spawned in direction.

- Speed up projectiles by 50%.

- Forced Radiation proc on the initial target.

- Forced Knock-down on initial target instead of stumble.

- Forced Puncture proc on all enemies hit.

Hallowed Ground:

- Allies within Hallowed Ground can not be proc’ed.

- Hallowed Ground will remove all existing procs from Allies.

- Armour boosted by 5/10/15/20% per rank for all Allies with Hallowed Ground, with stacking being explored on multiple casts.

Renewal:

- Switch to toggle ability with smaller base cost and energy per second active drain. All Renewal benefits occur when projectile reaches target ally.

- Boost Heal amount 200/250/300/400 per rank.

- When target is fully healed, remove proc effects.

- Allies bleeding out are affected by Renewal in that bleedout will be slowed. 20/25/35/45% per rank as well as affected by duration mods.

Reckoning:

- Forced Radiation Proc added to damage on targets.

- Small radial blind added to slam impact, but only for enemies that survive the damage of the cast. This radial blind will be applied to enemies that move into range after it’s been cast and are blinded by the impact of those being slammed by Reckoning!

Thank you for reading!

So with these changes, is Oberon going to be worth building?

So with these changes, is Oberon going to be worth building?

Yes, think about it... With the Renewal being essentially a toggable and Hallowed ground both of them cleaning and imunizing you from Procs... He's going to be the perfect resistance against Toxic!...

Hell, they might even make this thing make sense and make hallowed ground immune to Disrupting, after all disruptor is nothing more then a Magnetic Proc... (But i don't think they're willing to be correct, they'll just pull their bullS#&$ card as they do with the Stalker not giving Bleedout.)

Edited by ReiganCross

- Switch to toggle ability with smaller base cost and energy per second active drain. All Renewal benefits occur when projectile reaches target ally.

Does this mean that allies get healing toggled on after the projectile hits them? What if I toggle the ability off BEFORE they get the projectile?

Does this mean that allies get healing toggled on after the projectile hits them? What if I toggle the ability off BEFORE they get the projectile?

nothing happens to them most likely.

Hollowed Ground:

In this game you want us to stay stationary in one spot? In this game?

The is run-n-gun.... you are moving and shooting at most times.

There's no reason to stay in one spot so everyone focus fires or piles up on you.  

In what situations are we going to use this? Is this another of those Defense/Survival adjustments like the Launcher stuff?

Is this to stop the Infested from killing us with poison in two seconds?

I use Rejuv most times so bleed proc does little and poison gets evaded and fixed with Rejuv if i survive because there's a point where the damage is just too much. All the other procs dont affect my gameplay in any way.

Oberon is my main already; I hope to use him without the cries "obe sux, get a real frame". 

Does toggle on renewal mean that there will no longer be an animation upon activation? 

My question about this toggle is if its an H. O. T. then does it stop healing early if its untoggled. and why would a healing ability be a toggle if it is an H.O.T.

Tenno,

Please take a look at the coming changes to Oberon and his powers in the next major Warframe update (hopefully this week on PC!). It’s worth noting that all the listed details below are subject to change. Please feel free to discuss these within this thread.

Armor:

Smite:

- Projectiles that are spawned after impact seek-to-target, not just spawned in direction.

Hallowed Ground:

- Armour boosted by 5/10/15/20% per rank for all Allies with Hallowed Ground, with stacking being explored on multiple casts.

Renewal:

- Allies bleeding out are affected by Renewal in that bleedout will be slowed. 20/25/35/45% per rank as well as affected by duration mods.

Reckoning:

- Small radial blind added to slam impact, but only for enemies that survive the damage of the cast. This radial blind will be applied to enemies that move into range after it’s been cast and are blinded by the impact of those being slammed by Reckoning!

Thank you for reading!

Thought he was getting a buff not a total rework. and it doesn't look as though its a good one, from what I can see. Since radiation is one of the least damage dealing elements. And will smite now need to be targeted in order to work.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

Tenno,

Armor:

Smite:

Hallowed Ground:

Renewal:

Reckoning:

Looks great Rebecca,

Here's a few queries/suggestions:

1)  In regards to the armor buff, 150 is a nice change from where Oberon was at, and definitely is an improvement on how he was advertised upon release.  I would however suggest a higher number.  Why?  Let me refer to the post I made in an improvement thread I linked to you earlier this Spring.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/220992-oberon/?p=2602573

Essentially, by rounding it up to 200 you will be giving him what Frost and Rhino already have...less actually, as they are floating at 190 armor AND each have a skill that gives them another shield (Snow Globe and Iron Skin respectively).  If you want Oberon to have a noticeable armor boost and affect therefrom as the Paladin he was advertised to be, it will need to be on par with the other two heavies to have a noticeable difference.  With 150 armor he will be sub-par at his job mitigating procs and keeping allies supported while being fired upon.  And yes, this would still be needed even with Hallowed Ground being placed, most games are highly mobile and when they aren't the extra armour given will be much needed in defense/ survival missions.  Give Oberon some umph!  :)

2)  The thing most complained about regarding the heal is that it has a travel time.  If I see a comrade going down and hit my Renewal immediately it still won't save him on time should it do so at all.  I would highly suggest giving Oberon an automatic %heal, no travel time, (based on the total heal# done via strength mods if that's the intention) and then let the heal over time take effect with the proc mitigator in the duration.  My question, what is the reason for the active drain and making it a toggle?  If you should make the above suggestion I gave I don't see a reason for a toggle...?  Players will be running out of energy as it is if they are supporting with the other skills in tow and trying to spot heal or damage as it is.

Thank you DE,

~Tenno out.

Edited by Erelas

Probably the only person that sad to see the dmg aspect of halloed ground go.

That tore through infested and was semi useful against other enemies if you cast it down a hall way or something.

Oh well. You win some you lose some.

Hopefully there will be less complaints about Broberon at least.