Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vauban Condition - (Aka Paywall)

StainPain

I completely understand that this game has "exclusive events" that give "exclusive stuff". I really find it stupid and unfair to give this kind of advantages to ppl who happened to play that specific hour,day or period (I'm talking about things like the dual stat status mods that are unobtainable in other ways for now - new players crying with the prices that filthy plat-diggers sell em), however that's my personal opinion and I wont try to force it on anyone. I understand that the majority of ppl who got already got him will look down on me as a jealous newb.

However, I wanna bring to the attention to the god damn Vauban warframe. It's impossible to get it if ur not all day available for gaming, something that is not the case for normal ppl who have other things in their life (aka casual players).

Last week alone I counted 2 Vauban-part related alerts that BOTH gave the systems bp. How am I supposed to do smth about it? Ill be all day outside working/studding with my laptop and Tweeter on the phone ready to play the allert??? Are you kidding me? Or will the alert be within the 1-2 or 3 hours I play every 2-3-4 times a week when I'm on a work schedule?

I know its a topic discussed over and over :

-"You'll get it eventually. It took about 5 months before I was actually able to build him."

-"They should just put vauban in tenno labs with U12.  Don't see a reason to make him the only exclusively elusive frame to build now... I was tracking alerts 24/7 back in November and December and took over a month before one of his parts was offered as reward..."

-"After 3 months of looking for it...  ... eventually I  got him with plat and I have to say it totally worth's it"

Only some of the many opinions u will find on the matter...

Its been well over a year since the Vauban release, it's a really useful warframe wanted by many ppl that eventually are forced to pay the ridiculous price of 300 plat to get it.

DON'T get me wrong, I personally ENJOY grinding/working hard for the stuff I want in a game. Ive been playing MMO games for years and I came across things that required tons of "hard work" to get. This isn't the case here.

THERE IS NO RELIABLE WAY TO GET IT. U might casually be  playing for a whole year and not come by that frame even once if ur unlucky enough WHY put a huge paywall to people like that? Isn't the Oroking Reactors/Catalyst (most important item in the game, 2 months now never seen a bp) situation enough?

I could understand Vaunam being a "dedicated funs exclusive" wf, no one can buy it and we give it only in alerts every 3 days or so (WITH A VAIG SCHEDULE PROVIDED), ok. But if u give something with the push of a button in exchange for money and the "hard working" player MUST have a way to get it, the way it is now it  just shows BAD faith.

Finally I wanna conclude to the fact that I could easily buy the warframe, I have given money (more that I should have) to this game because I like stuff in it and I understand that game maintenance/development is not free. Theoretically its a "win-win". However I choose to give them in cosmetics (armors,skins and the occasional Orokin Reactor/Catalyst" when Im not FORCED to actually pay. This is the model that made free to play games popular and the Vauban situation SUCKS.

I got all the parts by login rewards honestly.

RNG hate or love.

Its people like you who have high chance of paying 300 plat or never getting him...

Or like me who can build him twice with a spare bp leftover and no interest in doing so.....

Meanwhile I am frustrated about not getting narrowminded, while having 3 fleetings, 4 blind rages, and 2 overextends....

Edited by Refrus

I honestly see about three to four Vauban alerts a week, so either the RNG for him in alerts if off or they just happen when people are busy.  I think yesterday I saw TWO of them in the span of two to four hours.   Though I may be mistaken.

The allers are kinda logged. See with ur own eyes. I always keep a tab of tweeter open for that reason. After a while I realized I never saw an allert for a Vauban bp (Last 1/half week I had plenty of gaming time, almost 10 hours a day). I have the cosmetic helmet though...

You are not missing much with him anyways, expect 6 000 mastery.

Ones of the most boring frames.

I like having the right tool for the right job. Thats what he is, I uderstand that many ppl might not like him however that doesnt mean I should not be able to get him. Whats the point then? When I realized that the allerts are completely random (its not that hard to put a SCHEDULE smth like 1 part per week every friday or so) and that I havent seen a vauban bp the whole time that I play this game (relatievely new player) it was a huge let down on this game for me.

EDIT- Also this is the classic attitute of someone who already has him, played him and already got bored of him. Its obvious no frame/game can keep u happy forever. At a time u were eager to get him, u either got lucky or spent way more hours that u should have on waiting...

I like having the right tool for the right job. Thats what he is, I uderstand that many ppl might not like him however that doesnt mean I should not be able to get him. Whats the point then? When I realized that the allerts are completely random (its not that hard to put a fkn SCHEDULE smth like 1 part per week every friday or so) and that I havent seen a vauban bp the whole time that I play this game (relatievely new player) it was a huge let down on this game for me.

I got him on alerts also, so i know what you mean. Tho i got him year and few months ago, when his alerts were more common. Still not sure why Vauban isnt clan research frame after all this time.

DE is still refusing to fix some bad game designs that are lingering for over a year.

Warframe is Time vs Money.  Do you want the item now, pay money/platinum.  If you're willing to wait for things to randomly drop, you can get it for free.  It is this way for everything in the game.  With most things, things will become easier to collect.  Examples of this are beacons for Hydroid, Prime parts (being changed around in the drop tables in every major update), banshee & volt, etc.

Vauban is going to be the one frame that will likely not be made any easier to get because it is linked to alerts.  I can only say is get a Warframe application (on your phone or desktop) that will alert you the moment an alert with the only part you need comes up, and make a bee line for your computer.  If you're not willing to do that, and see if you get all the parts in 2-3 months, pay the money and that's it.  It took me about 2 months to get Vauban the first time he was released, and that was missing the first or second helmet drop.  It's all random luck and time.  May the RNG gods have pity on you.

Warframe is Time vs Money.  Do you want the item now, pay money/platinum.  If you're willing to wait for things to randomly drop, you can get it for free.  It is this way for everything in the game.  With most things, things will become easier to collect.  Examples of this are beacons for Hydroid, Prime parts (being changed around in the drop tables in every major update), banshee & volt, etc.

you find the 3 months u spend or the 5 another guy spent waiting fair ? Its not a "random" drop if U cant actually work for  the chance to get it. This is bs, they wanna make it special? put it in an assasination with verry low drop chance, but not randomly. I refuse to be "on call" 24/7 because the DE has implemented this completely stupid system for u to unlock one of the main "objectives" (that beein having the warframes u like and eventually all of rest) of the game.

you find the 3 months u spend or the 5 another guy spent waiting fair ? Its not a "random" drop if U cant actually work for  the chance to get it. This is bs, they wanna make it special? put it in an assasination with verry low drop chance, but not randomly. I refuse to be "on call" 24/7 because the DE has implemented this completely stupid system for u to unlock one of the main "objectives" (that beein having the warframes u like and eventually all of rest) of the game.

The way the game is set up, getting extra warframes is totally optional. All of the starter frames can scale all the way into endgame content.

It's not totally random though. A full set will appear about every two months. Considering how powerful Vauban is, I think this is acceptable. They could move his parts to the new tactical alerts so it's harder to miss them or something.

The way the game is set up, getting extra warframes is totally optional. All of the starter frames can scale all the way into endgame content.

It's not totally random though. A full set will appear about every two months. Considering how powerful Vauban is, I think this is acceptable. They could move his parts to the new tactical alerts so it's harder to miss them or something.

The way the game is set up, getting extra warframes is one of the most essential parts of it. Along with weapons, warframes give mastery that is the actual level system of the game. Also and most importantly they fulfill a (false) sense of accomplishment and make the game more exiting and less boring. How is that optional? Also considering how "powerful" he is (highly contradictional) is it justified to be given with plat to anyone with the wallet to pay (even a player who just started and has no idea what he does)??? How is that fair? I get him with 1 click from my mama's debit card and the other guy spends his day on-call with tweeter for weeks-months? this isnt f2p this is a nightmare...

EDIT - If I had to play the start warframes since I started, this game whould be the most boring activity ever preformed, variation is a major key in all games.

Edited by StainPain

You could just search for rare mods or prime parts to work towards that 300 platinum. That's reliable.

thats the only reasonable suggestion I've seen in the whole post. However, still eventually u will pay a non-excusable price and still the pay-wall will be there standing strong. This is bs...

thats the only reasonable suggestion I've seen in the whole post. However, still eventually u will pay a non-excusable price and still the pay-wall will be there standing strong. This is bs...

Inexcusable means that something is regarded as wrong.

If I think something has the wrong price, either it's too little or too much,

and who complains about something costing too little? Not the buyer certainly.

So if I'm complaining something's priced incorrectly, I think it costs too much.

Therefore I wouldn't buy it since I'm not getting my moneys worth.

Your words are incorrect.

I leave this thread as I understand it to be a poor use of my time.

The way the game is set up, getting extra warframes is one of the most essential parts of it. Along with weapons, warframes give mastery that is the actual level system of the game. Also and most importantly they fulfill a (false) sense of accomplishment and make the game more exiting and less boring. How is that optional? Also considering how "powerful" he is (highly contradictional) is it justified to be given with plat to anyone with the wallet to pay (even a player who just started and has no idea what he does)??? How is that fair? I get him with 1 click from my mama's debit card and the other guy spends his day on-call with tweeter for weeks-months? this isnt f2p this is a nightmare...

So because you can't get the one frame you want, this game is instantly a nightmare?

In video games, a paywall is a spot where you have to pay to progress in the game. Vauban parts are not a paywall. If you had to pay to go over MR2, that would be a paywall. 

So because you can't get the one frame you want, this game is instantly a nightmare?

In video games, a paywall is a spot where you have to pay to progress in the game. Vauban parts are not a paywall. If you had to pay to go over MR2, that would be a paywall. 

I still think that placing him on alerts is bad design for getting the frame. That might be the reason why we didnt see any other frame on alerts.

I still think that placing him on alerts is bad design for getting the frame. That might be the reason why we didnt see any other frame on alerts.

Put them on tactical alerts or quests. Whatever it is, he has to be hard to get. That was the whole point behind putting him on alerts in the first place.

You said you haven't seen a reactor or catalyst bp in two months? You obviously haven't been looking hard enough because one of the two pops up after almost every dev stream which are usually every other week, barring special circumstances. Either that or pc has gotten screwed on those lately