Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Vauban Condition - (Aka Paywall)

StainPain

Honestly, Vauban in fine staying in alerts as is.  I lazily and purposefully skipped a good handful of his part alerts as I bought him right out of the gate, yet still ended up having his full set so I could build a spare at around 5 months time playing.  In addition I never used any of the alert notifying utilities, so just got them by chance of luck without ever having to be Taxi'd to any of his alerts either despite having only roughtly half the Solar Map done.

Vauban is not behind a paywall at all, so that much is a blatantly false statement.  Vauban is by no means required for any sort of progression.

The way alerts work may not make people happy, but its insanely fair for everyone in that it's randomized so people in different timezones aren't kicked to the curb.  Patience is simply a neccessity if one doesn't wish to throw plat at him.

So I've reread the thread and compiled something interesting.

Here is a list of all the people in this thread who agree with StainPain on the subject of Vauban being too long of a wait:

StainPain

-----------

-----------

-----------

-----------

That's pretty much it.

While there may be "thousands" of players complaining on different threads about how difficult he is to obtain, none of them are here. There have been a few people who gave you a slight nod of approval by saying he's not worth the wait or is unimpressive. But overall, you seem to be alone on this one, I can only wonder why. Could it be your attitude? Could it be that your patience is two sizes to small?

And yet here you are, Stain, fighting harder than anyone else on the thread to get your point across, a point which we all understand and have dissected into it's individual fallacies only to present back to you. Now all you have left is to defend yourself, and to sling insults and criticisms into everyone's replies as though your words are wrenches in a woodchipper; instantly revoking anything that we all have to contribute to the conversation simply because we disagree with you. Not a very welcome exchange if I may say so, and most certainly not the way to conduct a debate.

You shouldn't be able to obtain Vauban in a month. None of us did, so why should newer players have that advantage? It cheapens the standard grind that we all went through. If the majority of players here waited for him and even have spare Vauban bp's like myself, the system seems fine and can stay in place. If everyone here payed for him, that'd be a much different story. Even those who did pay for him likely have obtained several of his parts if not a full schematic.

Hell, if the game would let me, I'd give you one of my sets just to silence your belligerence. But alas, it's not possible.

Edited by Kestral9999

Kestral you are so passionately using cliches and overcomplicated words to prove me what?

"dissected into it's individual fallacies only to present back to you"

What do u think were talking about? Is this an academic matter?

I dont think I provided few arguments for my opinion in the original post, few ppl agreed with me, many others disagreed. I dont get why the restt are making this about me. Its not about me and not providing arguments ( although I did) its about the Vauban and the game. The main problem here is this :

You shouldn't be able to obtain Vauban in a month. None of us did, so why should newer players have that advantage? It cheapens the standard grind that we all went through. If the majority of players here waited for him and even have spare Vauban bp's like myself, the system seems fine and can stay in place. If everyone here payed for him, that'd be a much different story. Even those who did pay for him likely have obtained several of his parts if not a full schematic.

Now ur talking. People who went through months of waiting to get him (outcome of the STUPID system he is distributed) now are really looking down on the newers and the prospect of them getting him in an easier way. And u say that MY arguments are weak when urs is that "since I got him in a hard manner, its unfair for u to get him easier". And all that 1+ years after its release. WTF is that logic???

Also just to see how stupid this is, why get "mad" with me wanting a more fair distribution when even 10yo kids can get him their mamas credit card?

EDIT - Also one more thing, when he came out, everyone wanted him and made a huge deal about it looking, posting and arguing at the forums. on how he is distributed. Now everyone payed like sheep to jump over the wall and others that did not care got him after months of just

Edited by StainPain

You could suggest an improved algorithm that more evenly distributes alert rewards over the course of different clusters of players activity. 

Kestral you are so passionately using cliches and overcomplicated words to prove me what?

"dissected into it's individual fallacies only to present back to you"

What do u think were talking about? Is this an academic matter?

Now ur talking. People who went through months of waiting to get him (outcome of the STUPID system he is distributed) now are really looking down on the newers and the prospect of them getting him in an easier way. And u say that MY arguments are weak when urs is that "since I got him in a hard manner, its unfair for u to get him easier". And all that 1+ years after its release. WTF is that logic???

This is a forum, everything is an academic matter. 
And yes, those words would be fairly accurate to the purpose of a discussion. 

But you haven't expressed a reason why months of waiting should be changed? Consistency on the months shoudl be fixed, but some frames do take time to acquire, Zephyr/Hydroid in particular.
He is meant to be a rare frame one gets as a sort of bonus. He is by no means irreplaceable either. He is designed to keep players playing and checking in on the game for his alerts so they don't feel burn out too quickly, they have something low energy long term to look forward to.  

Forum (noun): A gathering place in ancient societies meant to be an equal ground for all citizens to share their views and to be subjected to peer review on an academic level.

Can't help being well educated. Keep up or don't reply, as I won't be berated for being eloquent.

We as a community have pulled apart the basic foundation of your arguments and found them to be false or biased at the very least. This would not be a bit less true had you just attained Vauban and found that he was not worth the wait.

Logic is always important, no matter what the circumstance. Logical evaluation helps to provide a more concise understanding of the matters which have been presented before us. 

Now, as for twisting that quoted part around on me; Bravo. Read the post again, and understand my supportive reasoning.

Also "cliches"? What?

Edited by Kestral9999

Paywall? No

Dedication Wall? Maybe

Mobile app for alerts wall? Most likely

Do you even deathsnacks.com/wf/ BRO?

Friend Wall? They can help... They can also spend all of your plat and sell your Brakk... so no.

Wait Wall? Bingo!

Plenty of other frames to farm while Booban lurks in the shadows.

Do you even have all of the nodes unlocked? There is one specific planet that Vauban alerts are based... Are you ready?

Unless extremely lucky or pro-grinders. Most people should have a built Booban by mastery 6 - 8.