Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Is Very Awkward To Mod Now. Please Revise Blessing And Link.

Synthua

Tank Trinity is long since dead as it should be, but even if anyone says that Trinity's skills are balanced, it should be argued that they are VERY counterintuitive compared to other Warframes. Let's take this one by one:

Well of Life - It's the heal piñata. Has anyone ever used this meaningfully beyond the Energy Vampire exploit (or was that patched at some point?), honestly? To be fair though, Trinity is far from the only Warframe with a bad 1. I doubt many people would mind if Well of Life was completely overhauled (again) or replaced.

Energy Vampire - So when the pulse version first happened late in update 9, Trinity players gamewide were losing pulses to trigger happy teammates. As that was a problem, the Blessing nerf comes in update 13 (wow long layoff to fix this one) and along with that comes the fix to Energy Vampire such that we get most of the energy back from a killed enemy. Great! Now the pulses... pretty much don't matter at all... Wait a minute... I was never fond of the pulse mechanic when they first did it, and now that it's pretty much irrelevant, I really have to ask: why is it still there? Energy Vampire does still have the CC function when a pulse ticks, but that doesn't really show much benefit against anything beyond bosses (dead > CC'd).

Link - The hilarious thing here is that Link's actually a good ability. Big damage reduction on self (good), damage reflection (alright), and status immmunity (great). The problem is that Link's main stat, Power Duration, handicaps BOTH Energy Vampire and Blessing for what most people use them for. If you want a spammable heal Blessing, you're getting a short Link as consequence, and if you want a long Link, you get unspammable damage reduction Blessing. It's not a cheap ability to cast, so is a good duration on Link really too much to ask for without labotamizing your other key abilities? And yes, I am aware there are Corrupted builds that manage to get a bit of both between long Link and spam Blessing, but if such a thing isn't even possible until literal endgame, I don't think that's a good thing for Trinity or her players.

Blessing - I honestly can't think of another ability that's actually better unranked. If anyone else has one, please show it to me. In a game where the biggest grind is ranking up mods, why is there this one ability where you're told "STOP, DON'T RANK THIS ONE UP"? Personally I like Blessing as a heal spam (as do most I think) and wouldn't mind seeing the damage reduction just vanish, but this no-ranking thing is completely unintuitive for newer players. I'm not so much of a genius that I know how to do it better, but surely there has to be a way to satisfy both parties in a more practical manner (though again I personally would be fine with just heal spam and nothing else).

I can understand the sentiment of just wanting to leave things as is, since Trinity in particular has had a VERY rough update cycle and I wouldn't be surprised if exhaustion isn't starting to set in for her players. Still, there are definitely better ways to execute Trinity's abilities, and I don't think it's too much to ask for to want that to happen. "REVERT BLESSING AND LINK" is not a solution at all since DE is trying to remove invincibility (I think...? I'm starting to wonder if Valkyr's just forever exempt), but if we all actually start thinking together instead of arguing, maybe DE will finally listen.

Trinity is just fine.

Unranked Blessing with FE allows for spammable heals.  And if you add duration mods you'll find that Link is very sustainable, especially for the frame with infinite energy.  Yes it may require more casts than you'd like.  That's the tradeoff.  Whether it was their intention or not they created a nice dynamic with her powers, and while it seems a bit awkward at first it pans out quite well in practice.  Let's not screw that up.

Leave Trinity alone.

I build my trinity for minimum duration with max fleeting, I can cast blessing nearly every 4 seconds, no one dies when I am trinity unless I'm asleep or freshly leeched by an eximus, and even then thats only for a few moments before I get enough energy to cast EV and get back enough energy to cast 4 more blessings. the only thing trinity needs is to be able to recast blessing every other second or so, or even have no duration on it. the damage reduction is pointless.

I dont even run with link on my main build. 

I play trinity a lot. same with nyx, and valkyr.

Edited by VYR3

Mod for max duration and use a Quick Thinking mod.  Blow yourself up.  Give your entire team max damage reduction at all times, while also keeping link up.  In short: "git gud," instead of blaming the game for your personal shortcomings.

Damn I never tot about using quick thinking for max dmg redux trick,thx a lot for da info matey :D

Was kinda confused about how to get max redux without risk