Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Review By: GRouND-ZeRo

GRouND-ZeRo

Game: WARFRAME(BETA) - Server Stress Test

Release Date: To Be Determined

Publisher: Digital Extremes Ltd.

Game Type: third-person action game

Platforms: PC

ESRB Rating: TEEN - Content is generally suitable for ages 13 and up. May contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling and/or infrequent use of strong language.

History: Digital Extremes Ltd. are Developers of Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Dark Sector, and Epic Pinball.

More information can be found at http://www.digitalextremes.com

Notes: After going through Fraggednation.com and some leaps and bounds signing up at mmorpg.com I had a few

more clicks to find a Beta Key for the Game WARFRAME. then back to the warframe.com website and signed up there

and entered the Beta Key and was able to Download a Downloader for several updates later. When I was finally

able to run the game I found a login screen so I tried to paste my information that I had saved in my

Password.TXT file then found myself stumped Tabbing back and forth typing in my lenghthy password manually with

seemingly no option to save it in game.

Gameplay: 1

You start off with a simple Tutorial to Familarize yourself with the controls and interface and it doesn't seem

to long before you actulally jump into the Online Gameplay. As the BETA was in "Server Stress Test" the Bad guys

seemed to be standing while they are dead or everyone was lagging while playing. When you die you may be

resurrected by a team mate or may have some timer to resurrect yourself. A Bonus goes to the map waypoints that

show you where you need to go. Unfortunately I could not get past the lag or badly animated deaths of the bad

guys as I may have seem to be wasting my bullets or using my knife needlessly. Better Artificial Intelligence is

needed to control the bad guys since a few of them tend to be stuck behind an obsticle. The game does require

everyone to work together to play especially at certain doorways when two people are needed to open them or all

team mates at the very end to finish the map.

Story: 1

Found at https://warframe.com/game/story

They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war

were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars

summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you.

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive.

The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the

secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Graphics: 2

It looks like this pushed UNREAL and really beefed up the characters as they do not look as bad as UNREAL 3 with

bulky arms and legs that look like toys. Graphics don't look too bad as the video requirements are light to

moderate and even for using DirectX 9c.

Audience: 1

There doesn't seem to be any indication of anything game wise as I have only played this game for a short period

and as it is still in Beta. You may check out the Forums at warframe.com to see if anyone else had left their

input on the game.

Networkability: 1

Online Dedicated Servers Only.

Final Score: 6/10

Final Notes: There could be more added as to features that would make it more usable like the Login password information could be remembered or able to be pasted from using using the command "CTRL+V". The badly animated deaths of the bad guys as they were still standing wasted time and ammo, I'm not too sure if this was due to the Beta Server "Stress Test" lag?. The AI for the bad guys could be much better. There is no LAN ability or Hoast ability where some or most of the Gaming Community may require.

Minimum System Requirements:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Hard Disk Space: 1 GB free HD space

Video Memory: Unknown

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600

DirectX: 9.0c

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

You know you don't need to put a blank line between... every single line that you have writen... just saying.

now back to the points of your "review"

>This is an online game that is for people to play online and not at some offline LAN party... this isn't the type of game that needs a LAN option.

>The enamies deaths in this game are animated you just clearly didn't play enough of the game to realise this as you didn't seem to play any of the content on your own in the "Solo" mode of the game as you would be connected to the game and hosting that current session on your own connection that I hope, wouldn't lag as you would see the deaths are very humorous at times for example hitting an enamie with a BO (melee wepaon) woould... when it kills them hit them into the air like you are playing baseball with their heads, other times it would most likely be your "knife" (its a sword because I dought you played enough of the game to get one of the verious daggers ) that gets the kills and it would most likely split the enamie in half as he is decapitated on the floor.

>you have no timer to resurrect yourself as you don't revive from killing any enamies while down it's just a timer for the people in your group to revive you othervise when you die you have the option of using 1 of 4 daily revives you are given.

so back onto it... I Thank you for taking your time to do a review but I don't agree with your layout or the fact it seems very... well rushed in aspects you apprntly didn't take your time to explore all the aspects this game has to offer and you just state one online game by the looks of it where you had a bad host or your connection itself was off and caused a major lag issue when it came to the AI / Animations, oh and your password issue was funny got to say, you should really invest in a password you can remeber and use but I kind of agree that the login needs a remeber password button because hey... i'm lazy

I'll edit this if I think of anymore points...

Edited by DrKieran

You know you don't need to put a blank line between... every single line that you have writen... just saying.

now back to the points of your "review"

>This is an online game that is for people to play online and not at some offline LAN party... this isn't the type of game that needs a LAN option.

>The enamies deaths in this game are animated you just clearly didn't play enough of the game to realise this as you didn't seem to play any of the content on your own in the "Solo" mode of the game as you would be connected to the game and hosting that current session on your own connection that I hope, wouldn't lag as you would see the deaths are very humorous at times for example hitting an enamie with a BO (melee wepaon) woould... when it kills them hit them into the air like you are playing baseball with their heads, other times it would most likely be your "knife" (its a sword because I dought you played enough of the game to get one of the verious daggers ) that gets the kills and it would most likely split the enamie in half as he is decapitated on the floor.

>you have no timer to resurrect yourself as you don't revive from killing any enamies while down it's just a timer for the people in your group to revive you othervise when you die you have the option of using 1 of 4 daily revives you are given.

so back onto it... I Thank you for taking your time to do a review but I don't agree with your layout or the fact it seems very... well rushed in aspects you apprntly didn't take your time to explore all the aspects this game has to offer and you just state one online game by the looks of it where you had a bad host or your connection itself was off and caused a major lag issue when it came to the AI / Animations, oh and your password issue was funny got to say, you should really invest in a password you can remeber and use but I kind of agree that the login needs a remeber password button because hey... i'm lazy

I'll edit this if I think of anymore points...

Totally agreed.

Giving it a 6/10 is just more ridiculous than your review itself. This game will be apex among the same type of online games.

Sorry if im speaking plain but your review is just ''idiotic''.

• 3 weeks later...

Why rate a game in development? Why is your rating based on the missing features? If you are going to rate a game in development you rate it for what is got so far, keeping in mind all the changes and fixes that will be added and all the features that are going to be implemented. I have played somewhere around 60 games in alpha or beta stages, and Warframe is one of the games i enjoyed the most. Definitely more then a 6, i would go up to 8 or even 9/10. Great devs, nice community, freaking amazing graphics keeping in mind the low system requirements and the size of the game. The lag is not a problem as you say. The lag is just betweeen you and the host of the party if im not mistaking. I lag only in about 1/5 parties i play with. When you lag change the party. Other then that i don't see where is the game fault because you use a long password that you cannot remember. I also don't see why LAN is required when you can just invite your friends in a party and change status to private.

Please stop making reviews if you are not capable to do it well. Or at least untill you learn how to properly review a game and be knowingly enought about the game to do it.