Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Rhino

Arknes

Question

Hey Guys,

I'm one of the newer players here and wanted some tips regarding Rhino.

I want to make him as much of an unsoppable force machine as possible and got my hands on a potato from the alert last week,

pls keep in mind that arsenal is rather limited except for stretch, streamline and intensify and some random stuff like reflex guard

following questions: 

-which stats should i focus on

-is it worth it building vitality and armor

-are the resistance mods any good

-which mods should i my hands on next

-the launcher nerf was around the time i started playing, so i don't rly know which primary suits his playstile most.

11 answers to this question

pls keep in mind that arsenal is rather limited except for stretch, streamline and intensify and some random stuff like reflex guard

The majority of the discussion currently seems to be around builds that use corrupted mods. However the original questions were asked by a new player who currently does not have access to these mods.

- Which stats should I focus on?
For general purpose I would go for Shield Capacity, Power Efficiency, Power Strength and Power Range, in that order. These best augment his Skin and Stomp ability (Power Strength affects the amount of damage Rhino Skin will absorb). You mentioned you have the basic mods to increase these stats; good! I also like to slot Rush for increased mobility.

- Is it worth it building vitality and armor?
If it's just health vs. armor, Vitality (health) is more effective at increasing your effective health than Steel Fiber (armor) is. However as mentioned by other posters already, Rhino Skin + a big shield pool will prevent most damage to health, making Vitality/Armor less useful. Rhino comes with two D polarities installed, the first you would of course use for Redirection. For the 2nd slot you could use Fast Deflection or Vitality - both are useful at further increasing your survivability. I prefer Vitality for my personal play-style as my shields are usually replenished long before Rhino Skin wears off.

- Are the resistance mods any good?
They were recently buffed but are still not that useful, especially not for general play. I would recommend you ignore them.

- Which mods should I get my hands on next?
Corrupted mods are nice, but this has been discussed to great detail already. Do you have an aura mod yet? If not, keep an eye out for alerts. Rhino's aura polarity is best used with Rifle Amp or Steel Charge. They provide a helpful damage bonus, but they also significantly increase the amount of mods you can equip. Example beginner build: http://goo.gl/l04V6M - assumes Redirection and Vitality are not maxed yet, because that's pretty expensive.

- Which primary suits his play-style most?
He is certainly the best frame to start using explosive weapons with as you're more likely to survive when you get hit by your own explosions. I'd say heavy weapons and shotguns fit Rhino's theme, but he is a very flexible warframe. It mostly depends on your own preference, what weapons you have access to, and which mods you have access to. The latter specifically applies to shotguns as they have a separate category of mods, which are often less common than their Rifle counterparts.
Edited by Kciroj

1 - Shields will get a bigger boost than Health at the same percentage since Rhino has larger shields.  Potentially armor as well as he's one of the warframes with an above-average armor amount so it might be worth sticking a Steel Fiber in if you have one.

2 - Vitality definitely, armor I'd go for if you have free slots.

3 - Not really.  Situational at beat.

4 - Not sure what to say here as it depends on playstyle.  Flow is good for max power, you may want Stretch for range, or Rush for run speed, etc.

I would look at doing Derelict Vault runs, looking in particular for Fleeting Expertise. Making Iron Skin only cost 12.5 energy (With streamline too) is key for being able to keep it constantly active, making you much, much harder to kill.

I built my Rhino Personally like this ...

I would focus on Shields as well as armor. Use your Stomp and Skin to it's full advantage. 

All thee mods mentioned are useful. 

I have equipped Vitality although not even halfway maxed the only time I run into trouble is during T4's 

I would recommend Equilibrium as another choice mod. Every time you pick up Health you pick up Energy and vice versa.  

Also fleeting expertise  duration penalty does not affect stomp. After you have done vault runs I recommend testing max range on rhino. Yes iron skin less hp but not many will be able to hit you. Maximized Power Range increases stomp range to 58.8 meters. 

Other way is going roar build where you can double damage (boost duration also)

Also with duration u can play silly and fly like 90 meters with rhino charge.

If you have just started game, don't spend fusion cores on steel fiber. You want  hp, shield and damage mods up.

Also you might want to leave mods like 2-4 points from max to get all mods steadily upgraded.

best resistance mod = poison resist against infested, napalms are pretty deadly also...

stuff you need to do: defense wave 20, dark sector survivals, vault runs, nightmare runs 

iron skin does not get bonus from steel fiber

Edited by Agullimux

Ill share my builds

90% of my gamplay is a build similar to this (i use a one higher blind rage)

http://goo.gl/gEPL57

T4 theres this, you really cant go wrong with roar and CP if youre trying to go long as possible

http://goo.gl/CncyMY

but my normal T4 is this because i like FD, just swap out rage for roar

http://goo.gl/BCy50h

Edited by Echoa

I would look at doing Derelict Vault runs, looking in particular for Fleeting Expertise. Making Iron Skin only cost 12.5 energy (With streamline too) is key for being able to keep it constantly active, making you much, much harder to kill.

I go with 15 energy IS for the extra 200hp cushion, but similar concept

1 - Shields will get a bigger boost than Health at the same percentage since Rhino has larger shields. Potentially armor as well as he's one of the warframes with an above-average armor amount so it might be worth sticking a Steel Fiber in if you have one.

Steel fiber is nice, but until they make it do something for iron skin id say a fast shield recharge does more for you since you can recharge 1.1k shields in roughly 10-15sec with a max FD vs Steel Fiber.

Rhino you want to focus on regenerating health pools, so this means Shield and IS with a Rejuv aura which give you 3 sets of renewable health pools and makes you considerably harder to kill. You pop IS and with a FD can recharge shields before it drops again and then pop IS again before your shields drop. You rotate between IS and Shields which is roughly 3k constant regenerating health, and if you play right your health will only get touched by toxin/bleed procs occasionally and regen anyway.

Edited by Echoa