Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14.5: Operation Cryotic Front!

[DE]Megan

Don't like new mod UI at all and prefer the old one, hands down.

Why do I prefer old? B/c it was easy to see what mods do and now they added yet another 'click' to the process requiring me to mouse over ever thing.

Old UI was clean and easy to me.

Give me an option to go back to the old UI, thanks.

this.

This new mod interface...it feels like scrolling through applications, no details to quickly read the mod stats, or picture to instantly identify the mod, just words that mean nothing until the mouse cursor hovers over it, with 10 other mod names in the same area, its a giant unorganized mess, at least make the mods a grid again with stats and a full image to identify the mod, please, this is just a cluttered screen.

I agree 100 percent.

This new mod UI needs to be changed. Think about all the newbros who just joined a week before the update, then suddenly have their comfortable, easy to see, easy to use modding screen replaced with the warframe equivalent of a word search puzzle. And no one likes word searches. NO ONE.

Is anyone else having an issue with when you complete the event mission, the UI for the game disappears, requiring you to quit the game, then relaunch it.

(so far 2 issues added with the update = UI not showing up after mission is complete, and nova molecular prime no longer generating AOE damage when an enemy is killed, thus no chain reaction)

Edited by Mokona512

You know what people REALLY care about? Mod rarity.. yup. They were begging to more clearly see just how rare a card was, because it really matters when making builds on warframes and weapons and such.

And they were sick of being able to at-a-glance figure out what they had in their build... reading is much better. Straining to read a similar color font as a mod rarity is even better still.

You guys should turn up the mod rarity color by 50% though, so its even harder to read and even harder to see the picture of a mod without mousing over it... then it would be perfect.

(The new mod system felt like I was kicked in the face by RuPaul and given two big swollen black eyes that caused difficulty reading -- thanks for uber consolization on my PC game, bros!)

Edit:

I should point out I do like some of the layout of the Mod UI changes; having the scroll bar across the bottom isn't so bad, just make the cards FULL SIZE.

The Mod Fusion is moving in the right direction in functionality, except these "Quarter Card" mini-size issues as above.

Tone down the rarity color, a lot -- NO ONE CARES and it is visually "BUSY" and makes seeing the pictures and text difficult.

Having the UI scale with resolution might help with fitting everything on screen.

Edited by Alienami

Two new dojo weapons.  GG.  I always like waiting 3 days before i can even build the new weapons.  OH wait, one of those is 3.5 days?  nice sneak there.  Why not just make them a week?

I can't help think that that extra half day was at the bidding of your new uh, collaborators who cannot be mentioned since that would mean instant moderation. :P  First, new weapons were locked behind 12 hours or a day of waiting.  Then the dojo came in and gave you great new options for delaying that even further to prompt people to spend money.  But that wasn't generating enough revenue, so keep bumping that number.  I predict the first four day research weapon by the end of the year and a full week by the end of the first quarter of 2015.  And that's not counting compound research (X requires Y), which is already much longer than a week for some, but I'll ignore and just assume everyone has everything old researched already.

I would love instead of being forced to wait on something I wouldn't buy anyway, to be given opportunities to buy things that would make me happy.  Weapon purchases like this are just instant gratification purchases that you instantly regret when you discover the weapon is subpar.  If that day ever came I might be compelled to spend money on this game again.

The most epic update of Warframe is here at last! Update 14.5! There is so many new things to discus but I'll let the video speak for itself! :) There are new weapons in the Market and in the Dojo, you can now customize your Kubrow Skins, and so much more! But the best part is the new event Operation: Cryotic! Basically you have to activate an Artifact Scanner and when it launches a Drill, protect the drill from enemies and feed the drill power which enemies will drop in little Power Capsules. There is so much to look forward to and I hope that this video helps you step into the world of Warframe and enjoy the hell out of Update 14.5! :D

Thanks to Deathly_Ryan for the thumbnail art! Check Out His Channel!

I have to say "Thanks and Congratulations DE" for continuing to be creative about the interface of Warframe and listening to feedback. The new mod interface is far easier to work with than the previous 3D style (which hurt the eyes to view felt) without losing the great look, top job. The new operation is also good fun because it's challenging and has some decent level enemies appearing earlier in the game, again like the hive operation, a nice welcome harder mission to get our teeth into.

Cheers,

Bert

Edited by Al_Bert

Quite a nice update!

However... I can't take my favorite weapons to the later game without having to spend hundreds of hours doing the same thing to soup them up.

I have to take the cookie cutter load outs and squad setups if I don't want to shave off days of my life essentially waiting to play how I want to. To make it worse, you have heartrendingly beautiful systems in place! The fluid movement, the viable and varied melee, the damage types and how they mix, It's a revolutionary design! I use your systems as inspiration for projects I'm working on myself! It's just painful see something so beautiful and unique twirl oh so gracefully into the arms of easy, fallback design choices. You are all so brilliant, surely there is something more you can do than this?

I hope I'm not overstepping myself here. I'm not going to tell you all how to design your baby. I am sure in it's current state it makes you money and I understand, but it can be so much more. I and many others have ideas and hope you are listening to these statements about the grinding issue, as it is killing the player base to your game. I personally do not see much to return to as it stands even with these new additions, please understand I mean no disrespect.

Good luck on your future updates, Digital Extremes.

As for the new game mode, I'm digging it (pun intended). It doesn't feel like a "surface version of survival" though. In survival, if you run out of time, you lose. In here I'm not even sure how I can lose - the scanner had no health shown when I've looked at it (either time I tried) yet it was scanning properly while it had energy and was waiting patiently while we were searching for cells to power it.

I might not get it how it works 100%, maybe energy carriers only appear while something is online, either an extractor or a scanner so if you go offline in all of them, you lose but... anyways, for me it felt more like a mobile defense than anything else. Also with the enemies leveling up later on, them one-shotting the extractor is kinda an issue, though the game had problems with difficulty scaling on higher levels for a while now so that's not surprising.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this game mode - which is quite a change from my (now) standard negative tone.

Just so I'm not a fanboy all that much, here comes some (more) nitpicking:

- Energy leech eximi practically murder the party in seconds, partly because we don't notice their presence in time.

It would be the minimum to make it apparent that something is eating our energies. I was standing there on 200+ energy, waiting for the right moment to burn the world, pressing 4 and nothing happens. While I was looking for the reason all my remaining energy got drained too so I was there, practically starknaked and got owned pretty damn fast. So at least make it noticable that we are being drained. Better: REMOVE THEM already! Every energy leech and disruptor enemy should cease to exist. They are detrimental to the fun-factor of the game as they provide no challenge, only unnecessary grief (an enemy that can disable you without players haveing any means to defend against them). Make disruptors disable casting and hud on hit for 5-10 seconds while energy leech auras should raise the energy cost of abilities by 50%. Perfect.

- Oberon's renewal (and all toggled abilities) should have no duration, duration affecting mods should affect the interval between ticks instead. So if you lower the duration, the ticks get faster (you heal faster, maximum absorbed dmg is calculated for shorter intervals for Nyx, etc.) providing you with a more potent effect with higher energy consumation while raising the duration will make the ability tick much slower so while the energy cost is only taken later than normal, the effect is also only applied in larger intervals. (Also would be cool if Frost could only apply 1 snowglobe, which would be called Winterhail and would behave like a slow field that lowers the damage of ranged attacks touching it. )

- As I've mentioned before, giving separate color pickers for Kubrows is easily considered a money grabbing strategy thus I highly advised against it. Seeing it in-game doesn't shine too much good light on you and considering the future of the game I highly advise that you remove it ASAP and allow the use of our already purchased goods (palettes).

PS.: Whoever picks on you for the UI change concerning the mods, don't listen, it's cool. Even I say that and I'm really picky, if you haven't guessed yet. Whether or not a reactor/catalyst is applied should be shown right at the mod menu - having to use the action button to bring that info up is pretty lengthy considering how easy it was previously and how much space is left on the UI.

Also my hud and game doesn't crash - but I got stuck while trying to pick up one of the power cells on a slope, VERY similarly to the bug in survival where you get stuck on a supply node.

Edited by K_Shiro

Concealed identity?
Big fan of the Tenno?

Tries to act the 'knowledgeable one' and 'technologically superior one'? ("I can help you... for a price... I will enlighten you with what I know...")

I can smell Derf Anyo already.

Edited by Mandomness