Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation Feedback Megathread

[DE]Megan

Excavation Feedback Megathread 

The brand new Excavation gameplay mode has arrived with Update 14.5! Please post your relevant feedback in this thread so we can better make changes to improve this new gamemode! As with most new additions, we’re eager to hear your feedback and make changes where necessary.

Related threads will be merged into this megathread so all feedback is kept organized.

Thanks for your help, Tenno!

Here is my feedback;

First off i want to say that a new game mode is always a very nice addition to the game and increases the games variety.

The new tile set is very nice as well. I like it a lot. and a new enemy type and two new building types is also great. Especially now you already know which enemies are going to drop the power before you kill them, making it less random. So this is very good.

However i did encounter some problems / small bugs:

first of all, earth night is still too dark for me. I can hardly see anything, so it was a difficult start for the new game mode

OzaFvyh.jpg
Q5KQRF0.jpg

Next, the digging machines are placed randomly, but there is only an indication on the map. Sometimes they are difficult to find especially if they are far away. This also has to do with the fact that some of the maps are too big in my opinion.

bDDlvn7.jpg

and lastly, the extraction timer overlaps with the other stuff on the left side of the screen, so it is almost impossible to read it; (fixed now)

WcliHID.jpg

Also i wanted to make one extra remark, not related to this new mission but to the new mod UI. In the codex i can no longer see which mods i already own and which not. Before they were very easy to distinguish because they were completely red. This is no longer the case and it is hard to see which mods i do not own yet.

oh yeah, and this pic as bonus, because everyone wants to know , right?
IhB9gPw.jpg

Edited by Frostosti

Survival is awesome. Why? Because at 5 minutes I get a reward, then 5 minutes later I get ANOTHER reward. I get both or all 12 rewards if I stay for an hour. Compaired to defense or this new excavation where I only get one reward no matter how long I stay.

I never understood why defense didn't get a touch up to accumulate rewards after survival came out. Now you are turning half the survival missions into a single reward system??

Can I just keep planets that have all their oxygen removed while giving accumulating rewards? Please?

Let's keep this isolated to talking just about the new game mode.

Done it once so far, and right now, I just have to say, I think you have made something even more addicting to me now than survival.  Always getting more mods, difficulty cranks up, you can leave whenever you want, no need to worry about O2, nice flow of carrying power cores to the drillers. 

Will have to see how it is on the new tileset eventually, but well done DE.  Thank you.

I kind of dislike like the new mission mode.While survival's consept made little sense in terms of reality, i kind of liked it more,this new mode to me is basicaly a harder defence.I guess i enjoyed to rush of survival more than i do defence.

Edited by Neonpkz

Current Feedback:

Overall, I love the game type and it forces teams to split and strategize. But here are some mentions I think needs addressed:

1) It is hard to tell on-the-fly which extractor is A,B,C,X unless you look on the minimap. This makes it a tad difficult to give power to the right extractor. My suggestion is to add labels in-world on the extractor.

2)The extractor power cores are automatically taken from you when in close proximity - while a fine concept, you might want to run to the further extractor and give it power, but you run too close to another and accidentially give power to the wrong extractor. You just don't know how close is too close. My suggestion is to simply add a radial field (like on the Defense objective) to signify at what distance power cores are collected.

3) I learned this the hard (and hilarious) way. Extractors, if they fall directly on you, can cause you to be thrusted (smooshed is the scientific term) under the world geometry into a long falling loop, and then subsequently die. Revives are wasted as your spawn point is now underground.

Looking forward to improvements, but I love where this game mode is going. Thanks!

Edited by Garuda112

Pros:

I think this mode is more Mobile Defense than Mobile Defense mode

Lots of mobs and you can rush the reward instead of waiting every 5min

Cons:

1) The running is brutal even for fast Warframes Hot fix 14.5.1 addressed this

2) 1 Power Cell at a time making a bunch of power cell laying around  Justified by increasing difficulty

3) Auto Delivery of power cells are not a necessity and can be annoying

Suggestion:

1) Pack light = more power cells that you can carry, meaning if you have 2 slot empty you can carry 2 more (maybe with a penalty to speed)

Or

2) Press X again when you want to deliver power cell (then you can just pick up those power cell and throw them around the extractor, and use them at your convenience)

Edited by Hueminator

Pros:

I think this mode is more Mobile Defense than Mobile Defense mode

Lots of mobs and you can rush the reward instead of waiting every 5min (already got the new stance mod)

Cons:

1) Brutal running

2) 1 Power Cell at a time making a bunch of power cell laying around

Suggestion:

Pack light = more power cells that you can carry, meaning if you have 2 slot empty you can carry 2 more.

You can carry multiple cells, actually. I'd rather like to know how many cores I'm carrying or how much power it is as a UI label.

I really enjoyed the alert. Or at least I did. 

Got 3000 in one sitting 

Oh wait no I didn't because the game failed and completely screwed me over 

That's an hour of my life on crappy phobos that I will never get back.

(I'm angry in case you didn't realise) 

But seriously the mission is really, really fun. Ingenious actually but I don't want to do it again :(

Loved the mission, took me a few mins to figure out what to do and the pace of it, but it's great, got a nice mix of having to think and brainless shooting.

The changes in the UI area are generally positive, and the transition between modding and arsenal is much better, with the fusion side of things being handled a bit slicker.  Thumbs very much up for that.

Though it was a bit of a wrench, it has to be said - e.g. having the pips at the bottom of the cards instead of the side, was initially disorienting, but I'm getting used to it.  The lack of at-a-glance picture (with its congenial at-a-glance quick visual gestalt that I'd gotten used to) and having to rely on verbal understanding of the card names - then PLUS having to realize that the alphabetic sequence was DOWN-up/right - DOWN - all that was extremely annoying at first. 

But it's liveable-with, and in some ways an improvement overall, though I'm not sure the shrinking of the cards and relying on verbal processing of knowing the card names to get a handle on your collection, instead of card names PLUS a strong visual cue, was such a good idea.  Maybe, in the course of time, I'll get accustomed to the greyed-out pictures on the cards, and they will guide my being able to ken the cards as fast as before, but I doubt that's going to happen, I think my brain will probably get used to the verbal processing alone now.  It's a bit of a loss of functionality and speed.  But it's liveable-with.

One thing that definitely seems to be missing though, is, when you're doing modding stuff, something to replace the little silver star that used to be on the bottom right of a card, to show you that it was equipped.

i.e., when you filter for Warframe, Primary, Secondary, etc., using the tabs along above the cards, you used to be able to see (again, at a glance) which of the mods thus filtered were also equipped.  I can't see a replacement for that silver star?  Is it missing, is it deliberately being kept out?  I'd like it (or some equivalent to suit the style) back.

Edited by Omnimorph