Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation Feedback Megathread

[DE]Megan

It takes too long to pick up power cores. I want to be able to pick up the core directly after killing the guy carrying it and not wait for it to fall to the floor in super slow motion.

Also, I had a bug that I couldn't see the scanning/excavation ui after joining a mission that was already in progress.

Event was fun, enemies were tense (level 50s at 3k on Phobos) and the spawn rate was alright for the most part. Occasionally there would be extensive lulls between spawns - I ended up scavenging power cells from 5 tiles away to keep my excavator powered.

As a side note, is the mission supposed to fail when an excavator is destroyed, or do you just get a severely reduced amount of Cryo-stuff? I had several Excavators destroyed during both of my runs but was still able to continue the mission as normal. I don't know if that's intended or not, and I got my 3k points off of that happening as well, so... keen to know if I did the run properly or accidentally abused an exploit. :S

Love the new game style, beats the hell out of the original survival!

My only issues like everyone else is that the maps are way to big, enemies need to either spawn near you or an excavator not in random out of the way locations, carrying multiple cores is good and all but it should only ever dump the amount it needs to get to 100% into it and leave the rest in your hot little hands.

having reached 3000 points solo-

Game mode is very exciting, very good mob counts at all times, although sometimes they are in off beat areas and you need to go find them. This isn't a problem how ever since there isn't a time limit and when nodes aren't active you suffer no loss for the trip. As a soloist I like this idea because i can use this to level frames and weapons effectively because of the larger spawn groups. Would like to see this type of spawn rate on all map types. 

To reiterate power cores are stackable, so you can carry more than one at a time. This makes it simple to activate one node at a time, and protect it while it extracts the resource for you. Very soloable map, Does take some adjustment to game play in some regards, hussling around all over will cost you a node, but thats ok, you can spawn more nodes, and keep the fun going. Don't panic, you don't lose anything by having to farm kills for power nodes. in fact, if you let the node run out of power, you can safely get more power cores. 

New ice map looks simply amazing, corpus are very active, and a lot of fun. Be prepared for surprise swarms and sudden spawns right on top of you. 

Excellent job DE, very nicely done, this new map, new game mode, new sounds ( I forgot to mention, the new sounds are wonderful), new mod lay out system, all very nice. Fantastic update this week. 

I bloody hate the mods section overhaul . . .why the hell did you have to make that mess ?  . .this is bloody change for the sake of it.

Well done in complicating the uncomplicated, moves like this are the usual to p1ss me off, dump a game, and find a team using some intelligence . . .something frequently lacking when I've watched the live feeds . .

It's interesting, but it needs a master timer, for starters. It's hard to figure out when the "LEAVE NOW" point is with no way to calculate how long you've been there.

Also, the Lotus's talk box keeps overlaying the info, making it impossible to tell what's going on.

Issues so far with the mission type that I have noticed are:

- lack of being able to identify which extractor is which.

- Pop ups clutter the entire left side of the screen with your chatbox, extractors, scanner, and lotus talking.

- No tiers to the rewards at all!

- Lack of risk to the mission "whoops extractor broke" "meh just get another one"

- Illusion of challenge with reduced rate of power core enemies spawning. You are making us wait longer to complete something thats it not making it more difficult.

- little to no shield and health on extractors providing little diversity within choosing your warframe along with flanks making it easy to disintegrate the extractor.

- bug when completing the mission shows a digital grid layer of your screen unable to see your rewards and locking you out of the game when getting back to your ship.

Did it, on phobos 200 pts per drill(lol) lucky i got great team because the noobs did not know about it yet lol. I encounter a bunch bugs and issues that i won't say anything, DE it your job to figure them out...(i found you to lazy of late).

Did it, on phobos 200 pts per drill(lol) lucky i got great team because the noobs did not know about it yet lol. I encounter a bunch bugs and issues that i won't say anything, DE it your job to figure them out...(i found you to lazy of late).

Really...? You're exactly the kind of player we should all aspire to be like...................................................

So you want DE to spend time trying to figure out the bugs...instead of fixing them...

I like the new game mode a lot. It is very awesome and fun, although it still has some flaws.

The Good:

For the first time since I have played this game, power alone will not get you through. Power helps a lot, but by itself it won't complete the objective. Teamwork must be used if you want to get lots of goodies. I think this is a positive change, since this is supposed to be a coop game and all.

While teamwork is essential in this mode and it can get intense at times, it actually feels very well paced. In survivals, you're rushed to keep the life support up. In defense, you feel like you have to clear the wave as fast as possible. In other modes, you feel rushed to finish as fast as possible for maximum loot. In Excavation, you have to make sure everyone is ready to do their thing before setting off the Simon, the digger. Rushing before everyone is ready can mean the death of poor Simon. It doesn't force you to rush for maximum loot. While it gets intense, it also allows for planning if need be.

The difficulty, at least at the start of the game mode, actually feels very balanced. 

The Iffy:

I noticed while playing you automatically dispense power cells into whatever you leave a light breeze on as you pass by. It would be nice if we had to go up to the structure and press a button to dispense it. This way flying lokis do not have to worry about accidently dispensing power cells into something with full power.

Also, the enemies that supply power spawned enough on the new, cool tile set (so cool you freeze in awe), but the one on earth, at least with my experience, was lacking in spawns of them, and overall really. It could just be me though.

Also, we need more of the alphabet. Identifying Simons becomes odd when there are two "A" Simons. If it went through the whole alphabet that would be nice, and educational.

That's all I can think of right now, but overall I really like it.

Personally, I'm loving the new excavation missions. I like that the power cells are 100% drops from certain enemies, and you can visibly see them. I like that I can carry a cell around to the next site to give myself a little advantage when I get there. I like that I can activate as many, or as few beacons as I want. I like that there isn't much of a time limit anymore when looking for power. In survival, there were times when oxygen simply wouldn't spawn and you lost not because of your own ability to survive, but RNG. With Excavation, I don't find that to be an issue, because if you can't find power at the moment, you can still keep going on your own merits as a team until you do and it's a very serious boon for it.

I don't like how far beacons tend to spawn. A lot more than half of my time is spent running from the one edge of the map to the other for each beacon site and sometimes, without finding more than a handful of enemies. This also becomes a bit of an issue with the scanner, as, if no one decides to hang around it, it takes even more time to run back to feed it power, BUT that gives incentive for at least one person to stay and protect it, so I don't hate that as much. More of a minor gripe with cooperation, really.

Over all I think this is a really good step in the right direction. I appreciate the effort.

I like it.

It's like survival, defense, and mobile defense had a threesome and this came out of it.

I'd say just increase the spawn rate of the power cells just a tiny bit because sometimes you can go 5 minutes just looking for an enemy with a cell. Although this may be fixed since the recent hotfix just made the areas smaller.

The new tileset is very pretty as well.

I really enjoyed the alert. Or at least I did. 

Got 3000 in one sitting 

Oh wait no I didn't because the game failed and completely screwed me over 

That's an hour of my life on crappy phobos that I will never get back.

(I'm angry in case you didn't realise) 

But seriously the mission is really, really fun. Ingenious actually but I don't want to do it again :(

So I just did it again (lol)

Here is what I think 

+

- The farming is actually fun and if you are good enough, you don't have to do the mission over and over again which is brilliant 

- The mission itself is interesting (with the classic warframe humour to go with it)

- You really do have to work as a team in order to do well, which I like

- The rewards are great (I feel less left out now in terms of other events tht were around before I started playing)

- The corpus tileset looks amazing! 

- The new music is pretty good

- The mission its flows really well and you can control its dynamics, however it wasn't too easy i.e. - the balance and diffulty incline was perfect

-

-The maps were pretty big which wasn't necassarily a bad thing but you waste a lot of time running around with powercells clutched in your left hand

- Due to warframe style of vague instruction (or concise, depending on how you view things), I literally had no idea what I was doing my first attempt of the mission

- From my initial post, you can see I was pretty peed because there are some really soul crushing bugs that just mess up the experince (my HUD crashed twice in the mission as well as losing connection to host = no rewards *cries*)

- To explain some of the bugs, they are as following: No timer or digger info on HUD, incorrect digger labels e.g. all are labled 'A', attempting to check mission progress results in HUD failing only resolved by bleeding out. There are probably more but these are the ones I experienced

- I have always said that the map system in this game can be confusing and misleading, even more so in this mission. As a result, not only do you not know what you are doing, you also have no idea where you are going for majority of the time. lol

Hope this helps! Keep doing an awesome job guys at DE because this was sick (uk slang)

Ja na!

p.s. sorry for the essay :3

first of all, thank you for the new mod and the new toys

thank you for being easy with the kubrows, no heartbreaking animations, simply dissapearing back where they come from, unending diligence space :-)

the map on europa is very nice, i really love it

i reached by luck with a good team the 3000 barrier, nice to get the gifts as well as i dont get right now what is the meaning of this glacier skin ? the skin of the gun ? =)) (im shure i will find out when i come down from the running for the 3000 )))

glad to have my own clan with a wonderful dojo now and im even more glad to find nice members and the new weapons in the laboratory, now im aiming to do some good points with the clan ...

hey, DE-devs and team, please dont stop creating good stuff for us all, thank you, keep it up :-)

Edited by 7ENN0

My biggest complaint is the fact that we have to pick up the Cells, From what I understood everyone didn't even like that you had to pick up datamass in the first place because it forces you to use Sidearm or Melee. I don't see why we cant have it strapped to us like the grineer/corpus have.

Maps too big. Too much running around.

Enemy spawn seems a little odd, some points get overwhelmed, others a couple of spawns every once in a while.

Rewards are useless, but this is purely personal since i'm in endgame phase.

The rest seem ok, for now. 

The huge maps were awesome, especially on the new ice tileset. Loving the format that requires players to run around map in a non-linear fashion!

I really wish you could carry more than one powercell, and that someone would get on making the map markers either stick to the exits from current room (if in minimap), or at their exact position (if in big map).

Edited by GTG3000

Enjoyed the mission type a lot. Though it seemed overly easy, was there for 3K points on the second tier map and never had anyone get downed or even lose health (lost shields, no health loss), wasn't a fantastic party either.

I'd beef up both the enemy and the extractor (so it could survive the enemy beef up) personally.

Also dunno if it's a bug or not, but you can pick up multiple batteries for charging stuff at a time. Probably by design, but there's no visual change so I assume it's a bug and they're just stacking inside one another.