Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation Feedback Megathread

[DE]Megan

Nothing wrong with the mode . .in fact, good to have a mode which challenges solo missions.

Good crowd sizes and increasing level of nasties, means the good players can be on "the edge" most of the time . . .there will always be the bummer of noob ambition over capability and so "host migration" but that is something we all have to live with . .enough players here who did it the right way and worked their way up.

My earlier mission on Phobos with 2 others was spot on, only a split second to think and react as wave after wave came down on us . . . and great fun fighting to keep everything doing its job . .this is a good mode . . . Oh! and when it comes to fire, DE warned us a while ago about the general increase in all things which burn. I've been using a maxed out fire protection mod for some while and very useful it is too . .

Edited by CaptainEras

Modified pickup for cores would be an interesting idea: You can pick up as many as you want, but you get diminishing returns for doing so--the first is worth 20%, the second is worth 10%, the third is worth 5%, the fourth is worth 2%, the fifth and beyond is worth 1%.

That way, you can carry extra if you see them, but you're rewarded for making multiple trips.

Here is my feedback:

The mission itself is fun.

It plays like a survival/defense hybrid without the pain of "oh my god i have no oxygen, curse RNG i have wasted hours of my life" and "omg OP Bombardier/Railgun nuked my pod"

Excavation is fun, i like it, good work on that.

Europa Tileset:

Its just OH MY GOD.

We were standing there

"hey dude, ignore that moa, look at that ship over there"

"woah that tunnel its...woah, do you see the colors and light? and listen to that sound"

"turn your music up its so awesome to slaughter corpus to that, its actually a very nice music"

"woah hey dont finish the mission, look at the view from the exit point there (the one in the wrecked ship)"

So huge thanks for the work on such a beatiful tileset.

There is just one problem...

Balancing between Corpus and Grineer...

Grineer have a huge variety of different units, are very tough armored, have strong heavy weapons...

while corpus just annoy you with shockwaves and tickle you with some plasma.

Its more fun to play some long games against corpus than to fail and waste revives against grineer.

Mission planning:

I was confused because i could not play Europe with a friends account who is on vaccation.

I had to ask the Council how to unlock it. I dont know if it was in the mail, but if not: would be nice if there would be a transmisson from your personal ship computer who informs you about such stuff in the future

"hey master, seems like you have to gather some informations on earth to find better Ressource Locations in the Solar System"

Also a description that tells you that Europa gives you 300 per extractor while Earth gives you just 100 would be nice...tried to get 3000 on earth for over two hours because we could not figure out why we cant join europe.

edit: ok it was actually in the event description

- At each of the point levels below, you’ll unlock a new Tileset in the Operation. It’s your choice – continue to dig on Earth or take your efforts to these new areas. Note that each new Tileset will hold more difficult enemies but will provide the opportunity to earn points faster.

Edited by LazerusKI

I REALLY like the new mission type but there are 2 minor flaws and a game breaking Bug:

1. There needs to be a floating number on TOP of  each of the different excavators like A , B , C etc... i see a lot of guys feeding the wrong excavator accidentally without the "time" in all that shooting to care about finding the right one from the map ALONE

2. I got hit 3 times by a "landing excavator" and was traveling UNDER the map as a result from each hit on my head (sounds pretty cartoony actually)

but definately breaks the game as i have to try to die to get back INTO the Map

3. There are MANY places in the new tileset where you can get stuck especially if you are under a cliff and you try to get up ... my warframe often "crouches" into the cliff section and gets stuck

Edited by Severuslanskerr

It's no good . .every time I go into the mod section I feel like putting my keyboard through the monitor.

Much of my life has been about Photography, Painting, and Photoshop . . all successfully, so I know a little about visual representation.

The mod section is now akin to one of those "million" tiny drawer units beloved of electronics workers . . .and a complete visual confusion for the rest of us, it is unfit for purpose.

Personally, I can't find words strong enough; Hideous, Ugly, complete lack of artistic merit, from a clearly stated functioning interface to a piece of unadulterated crap . . .

I live in that section, it is the source of all fine tuning . .no more. I'm not given to use the word, hate, but I can easily say I bloody hate what you have done to the mod section.

I will thank you, though, for showing us the extent of the con of selling paid-for-betas, early access, etc., y'know, the new way of selling games . . .so we pay for a game we like and then you change it to something we would never have spent so much money on . . . the smirks in the live feed really do say it all . .

Still can't get over all those sheep in the audience waving inflatable d1cks . . .

I was kind of expecting there to be tiles made for the game type specifically so its kind of disappointing that the tiles are made to be universal. (one large tile with excavation gear and that kind of stuff would have been enough but no it has to be universal! [other important stuff on this topic I don't want to write a paragraph about right now])

How about no? Please don't listen to this guy and turn this new mode into another RNG based game mode like survival.

I like it the way it is- there are enough cells to keep all of the excavators and the excavation searcher running at once which means you can either play at a slow pace or play a sort-of nightmare mode and activate them all.

If they were indestructible this would be endless- no way to fail the mission at all.

And I'm not too sure about that energy suggestion...

I wish that the pickup of the power cores was instant, and that deploying them was triggered. As it stands, I find myself mashing x in the middle of a firefight waiting for the game to recognize I want to actually pickup the power core. In addition, whenever I am trying to sprint to an extractor with little power remaining, I find that my power core is usually snagged by the invisible borders of another extractor I am running past. Simply allowing us to press x to deploy the cores instantly within that same radius would allow for much easier coordination of resources.

There are enough defense missiones for you. 

This mission is about tactics, you can't just sit on a lamp and fire Ogris willy-nilly at a group of enemies.

They actually introduced a game mode that requires skill and not luck- and you complain because it slightly resembles another game mode? I mean, sure- it's a mixture of Defense and Survival, and I love it! I'm sure others do too...

The stuff you're asking for would basically make this new mode survival (I understand it was made to replace it for planets but DE improvised and made it better- made it so that you had to play with skill rather than just sit around the whole mission...)

Good job with the new mission, DE!

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Cleaned

I will thank you, though, for showing us the extent of the con of selling paid-for-betas, early access, etc., y'know, the new way of selling games . . .so we pay for a game we like and then you change it to something we would never have spent so much money on . . . the smirks in the live feed really do say it all . .

You can't pay for the game. It's not buy to play, it's not pay to win. It's pay to get some cosmetics. I don't like the new mods either but bashing the Devs themselves is idiotic. It's not all of DE. Just the UI team who apparently thinks the game is their painting easel to spray whatever crap they want on and call it "overhaul".

Edited by Avicou

we need markers over the excavators to show which one is: a, b, c.. and so on, when im bringing a power core to one i kinda have to guess which is the right one, if there is a marker im not seeing it properly lol

but besides that its really fun and keeps me on my toes! GJ!

Edited by Kurrumitsumi

I kind of dislike like the new mission mode.While survival's consept made little sense in terms of reality, i kind of liked it more,this new mode to me is basicaly a harder defence.I guess i enjoyed to rush of survival more than i do defence.

Personally the only game modes I find entertaining these days are the Survival & Defense modes. Most if not all of the other modes are just not entertaining as they are all exactly the same more or less with very little in between to do to achieve the required objectives.

So I am hoping they don't do anything stupid like removing Survivals all together.

Now to see what this new game mode is all about

I'm afraid so far I'm not liking this new Excavation Survival.
I'm probably the minority here but to me this feels more like another Mobile Defence Mission, only with the point of interest more out in the open and with an even larger and stronger Agro and even more weaker HP.
I'm sorry but I've never ever been a fan of these missions as I do not have a Frost and do not wish to work for one just so I can get more than seven successful excavations.

I prefer the idea of having to defend myself and keep myself alive, like an actual Survival should be.  
Rather than struggling to keep both myself and this extremely squishy excavator intact that only gets even more weaker as the enemy gets stronger.
I hate that kind of baby sitting.

But maybe I would give this a pass if the power cells increased its Armour and health and shield with each power cell added and maybe even give it a temporary invulnerability for one or two seconds?

I'm sorry but I just really don't like this replacing the Survival we were used to on planets, despite it going against logic.

And that is my personal opinion and feedback of its current state.

@Curaidh

And I fully agree.
I demand that we have the ability to compile more energy cells again for more efficiency. taking this away just makes it more frustrating and tedious, not harder.
Speaking of efficiency, please allow us to charge the scanner at any time, NOT only while it is scanning.

Edited by MicSet

My impressions so far are not very positive due to a very irritating bug i encountered, Myself and a friend played online with 2 random people and it was going perfectly, we were up to about 1700 when the glitches started, The game jittered for everyone [i asked in chat] anytime my friend activated Ash's bladestorm, At the point of being 1700 it was almost a requirement to use the ability as the enemies had so much health, Using it started to freeze the game, The game stopped responding and had to be force closed, When i opened the game again i was greeted with my Kroken having lost 4 levels [which i gained in that match] and not having the stance mod i had managed to get from the mission.

I'm really enjoying it for the most part, though I would agree that some of the tilesets are absolutely HUGE for it.

Running for 3 minutes across the map, only to have to run 3 minutes back to try and find powercells, can get a little ridiculous.

The overall gameplay mechanic, though, with the scanner and the extractors dropping in, and the way the difficulty progresses? Spot on fantastic!

So this mission is okay and all but the tileset is a little to punishing for frames that can't get around so easily. Short version.

Lotus keeps talking to much.

To many Excavators.

The ring around the area to indicate you want one to drop is larger then it appears.

The earth tileset sucks for this mission. (I had to run all the way up and around to get over this one bridge with a gap in it only to miss 2 times because my frames legs seems to stop working 2 feet from the edge.)

Its a little to chaotic in that you're having to defense these fragile things when there is up to 4 of them because you get anywhere near the area it drops one so when you got one guy who likes to dash around everywhere it seems to hurt the team more.

Changes should be it should need 2 or 3 players depending on the team size to make a drill drop and not use that horrible tileset.

I have to say, the new ice planet tileset is incredibly well done.  The level of detail that the devs have put into each new set gets better and better.  Job well done!

I love the fact that I don't have to constantly watch the O2 meter now, and I can focus on destroying everything that moves.  I agree with some of the previous posts regarding how it would often be better if the usage of power cells were manually done rather than automatic.  It's also quite a long distance to run sometimes from the scanner to even the first dig site, and having to run all the way back to the scanner can be a pain.  This alone makes this particular game mode skewed against solo players, along with the accidental activation of multiple excavations.

I noticed that the spawns can become problematic later in the game.  Assuming there is a cap on the number of enemies spawned at any given time, on a very large map, if enemies spawn behind you as you're moving towards a very distant dig site, it leaves fewer opportunities for power cell carriers.  This might force you away from the dig site in search of more, which leaves the site vulnerable if one or two spawns make there way there while you're looking for a power cell.  Although the spawning algorithms for survivals were improved (I'm assuming the new game mode utilizes the same type of algorithm), especially with the addition of all the small chambers, you still often have to backtrack and find the clusters of enemies, kill them, then run back to where you were camping and hope the enemies will continue to spawn in area you want.  If there were a mechanism that would allow those very distant clusters of enemies to despawn so as to free up other spawn points, or to have those distant enemies at least head in your general direction beyond two rooms, then it would be less of a problem.

Overall, I like the new game mode and think this is definitely a step in the right direction, towards more dynamic gameplay, and I look forward to seeing what comes next.  Again, excellent job on the tileset folks.