Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously, Autoformatting Is Cancer, And Yet We're Expected To Use It.

taiiat

• 1 month later...

Editor seems to be getting better.

Still hate that we don't have a regular one for complicated posts or quoting the same post repeatedly to respond per point, but for regular posting and single quoting the editor seems much better now. Same for simple edits. I don't usually see the extra lines get made or have trouble copy/pasting the quote around anymore.

I don't usually see the extra lines get made or have trouble copy/pasting the quote around anymore.

I do. Those extra lines in quotes have been in every single one of my last posts (that had one). So yeah, I'd really love if the web-team could finally get over it (whatever "it" is in this case) and allow us a simple text editor.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hm, interesting.

Drew 'fiddled with some JavaScript settings' to fix forum issues with some people.

this has had an effect on me, while i was unaffected by the problem at hand.

i can't Block the WYSIWYG Editor anymore. i've made sure i was blocking every instance of anything Editor related. didn't accomplish anything.

however - the WYSIWYG Editor seems... less broken than it was before. maybe? i haven't tried doing all possible actions, but it seems to actually be kind've working.

though having Quotes being forced into AutoFormatting stupidity is annoying, rather than plain text Quote Tags.

Edit:

okay, a couple of the problems are definitely still present. only time will tell if it's just coincidence or not.

Edited by taiiat

hm, interesting.

Drew 'fiddled with some JavaScript settings' to fix forum issues with some people.

this has had an effect on me, while i was unaffected by the problem at hand.

i can't Block the WYSIWYG Editor anymore. i've made sure i was blocking every instance of anything Editor related. didn't accomplish anything.

however - the WYSIWYG Editor seems... less broken than it was before. maybe? i haven't tried doing all possible actions, but it seems to actually be kind've working.

though having Quotes being forced into AutoFormatting stupidity is annoying, rather than plain text Quote Tags.

Edit:

okay, a couple of the problems are definitely still present. only time will tell if it's just coincidence or not.

Just logged on to post about this. 

I was reading all those threads about people having posting issues and realized I couldn't post. I tried another browser and it worked, so I set up AD Block with your thing from the front page... didn't work anymore... Disabled it on my other browser and it worked fine again. :S

We have been sabotaged by a lone Corpus operative.

• 2 months later...

Over a year and we still deal with...

- Random newlines being deleted upon posting.

- The inability to manage quote tags.

- The inability to strip formatting from text without a third-party program.

- All the random crap shown in the gifs I've repeatedly posted.

I'm just going to start bumping this thread every time it falls off the first page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah...guess they fixed it...I wonder if we will ever have an option to not to use this monstrosity with auto-formatting.

Well, the cleanup made it easier to spot now.

https://forums.warframe.com/public/js/ips.textEditor.js
Block the above for raw bbcode.

Also it seems that the forum is inserting non-breaking spaces around quotes now, which is probably what's causing yet more newline issues when managing them.

• 4 weeks later...

test

On 1/31/2016 at 4:37 PM, taiiat said:

cutting out text and adding text to quote test

test

Multiple returns kicked me out of the box rather than stretching the box past two returns, and it fixed the box size afterwards.

Code window [B]shouldn't work in a code window[/B]

It's still auto formatting, but I don't see any problems with it. Maybe a little too much space when putting code in a quote box but no big deal.

Edit--

Wait... can't copy/paste quotes anymore

EDIT--

On 1/31/2016 at 4:37 PM, taiiat said:

yes, as mentoined: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/300472-seriously-autoformatting-is-cancer-and-yet-were-expected-to-use-it/page-5#entry5990066

Drew did some fiddling with the Forum Javascript, and the disgusting Editor for people that hate things actually working or text formatting in any logical way cannot be blocked anymore.

Hmm, can't copy/paste quotes within the post but I can copy/paste quotes from the reply box to the edit box. I assume one or the other is a bug.

Edited by VKhaun

5 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

It's still auto formatting, but I don't see any problems with it.

there's problems i've pointed in in the direct feedback thread, uhhhh...
with other things i'm sure i'll find in due time.

and you can c/p Quotes if you use the same hover button(top left of the quote, icon is 4 arrows) that lets you move them. like E-Mail clients, clicking it selects the entire 'module' while dragging moves it.

Another fun one: The new editor does not follow the quasi-standard of "Ctrl+Shift+V pastes unformatted text" (like the old one did - at least one thing it got right). Instead it'll just paste the formatted stuff every time and ask you if you want to remove the formatting. With a pop-up that lasts for a second at best. Because f*ck people who prefer to use keyboard shortcuts, right?

/e: How does that post-embedding work, taiiat? Do they just show quotes from another thread differently or what is that?

Edited by Bibliothekar

I have tried to add a image unibg my Phone. 

both the link to url and my old trusty img do not work. At best it shows the whole link+the img-tags.

it did work from my PC at one point,  but I do not dare edit any of my posts now for fear it will be corrupted. 

On 23.02.2016 at 8:30 PM, Bibliothekar said:

Another fun one: The new editor does not follow the quasi-standard of "Ctrl+Shift+V pastes unformatted text" (like the old one did - at least one thing it got right). Instead it'll just paste the formatted stuff every time and ask you if you want to remove the formatting. With a pop-up that lasts for a second at best. Because f*ck people who prefer to use keyboard shortcuts, right?

/e: How does that post-embedding work, taiiat? Do they just show quotes from another thread differently or what is that?

Hm, works fine for me in chrome.

On 2/23/2016 at 0:30 PM, Bibliothekar said:

it does that automatically.
very, very, very annoyingly, i might add. because then people HAVE to go to other Threads (and load an entirely new goddamn page) just to read some text being quoted from somewhere else.

efficiency has gone down so much now. the number of requests the Forum Server will experience has exponentially increased because almost everything requires requesting a new page.

Edited by taiiat