Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need Plat, What Should I Hunt For?

Aumaan

Question

As the title says, I need plat.  I've basically run out of slots for Warframes and Weapons and I need more (I would buy some but only on the extremely off chance I got the 75% off deal).  What are the things that I should hunt for that will most likely get me the most plat the quickest, what most likely has the best time to plat ratio; take into account the time it would take to sell stuff through the chat. I've tried selling a few of the nightmare mods I've got and a couple of the rarer Corrupted mods (Overextended is one I've tried for sure) and I didn't get any bites (I generally tried in half hour increments).  I'm not opposed to running T4's (I can usually survive to ~30 in defense/survival no problem before my damage starts dropping off) or just farming for a long time.  I thought about Kubrow breeding but that takes days to do (and I've only got 1 stasis slot left).

Edited by Aumaan

7 answers to this question

personally i would wait until they release the next prime warframe.
Then right after its release go nuts. Farm it 24/7 and you can sell each piece for over 100+ platinum easily.

Farming for mods and trying to sell them in the trade channel is a waste of time. 99.99% of all players are selling stuff, and if finally someone is buying someone there is always another sell faster or cheaper.

Not sure there's a quick way to make plat...

But I do know what stuff still costs alot.

There's Bite kubrow mod, Bo Prime Handle, Loki Prime parts.

You can also farm Genesis Cross, it's new, people want it, and it's fairly easy to acquire, but you have a lot of competitors selling at 15-10p. It's the selling part that would take time. XD

Edited by AVEOX

You can also farm Genesis Cross, it's new, people want it, and it's fairly easy to acquire, but you have a lot of competitors selling at 15-10p. It's the selling part that would take time. XD

Don't forget orthos prime blades since the orthos prime is really strong that being said; Selling maxed mods like Heavy Caliber, Vitality, Equilibrium can get good bang for your plats, Selling Prime Sets really helps you out but, its really risky when you have a set that has more than 3 parts to it.

personally i would wait until they release the next prime warframe.

Then right after its release go nuts. Farm it 24/7 and you can sell each piece for over 100+ platinum easily.

Farming for mods and trying to sell them in the trade channel is a waste of time. 99.99% of all players are selling stuff, and if finally someone is buying someone there is always another sell faster or cheaper.

I'm not currently looking for that much plat I guess, I've just got a couple frames (Banshee and Valkyr) just sitting in the crafting area, taunting me. I at least want to get them out of the way, and I wouldn't mind having more weapon slots so I can try more of them. The Prime thing is definitely something I'll do when it comes around, I've never actually been around directly after the release of a prime frame before, usually jump back in a bit after major updates but I've been playing more consistently lately. I'm assuming the next prime won't be out until update 15 so that could be awhile.

That's probably bad wording on my part, I bascially mean the most time efficient way to make plat.  Getting corrupted mods is easy and quick, but selling them is a roll of the dice (and I'm generally not that lucky). Basically, what can I get that will most likely get sold quickly once I have it?

Maybe I'll get back to hunting that bite mod, I need one for my Kubrows anyway.  

Hmm, medium level interceptions for T4 exterminate are rather simple so getting keys for the Bo Prime part could be easy, might try that.  

A job?

Just kidding, just run as many void as you can and sell prime stuff!

Honestly, I really wish I could :).  Having a degree in game design and animation doesn't mean a damn thing when you have no job experience and you're trying to get hired for even something as simple as a cashier (it can actually lower your chances since they don't want someone who might just up and leave because they were offered a real job) . I've been hunting for any kind of job since I graduated in June and no one even responds to the applications I put in, it sucks.  I've been working on building a computer to put the stuff I learned for the degree to good used but I'm still missing the monitor.  

Don't forget orthos prime blades since the orthos prime is really strong that being said; Selling maxed mods like Heavy Caliber, Vitality, Equilibrium can get good bang for your plats, Selling Prime Sets really helps you out but, its really risky when you have a set that has more than 3 parts to it.

I actually thought about leveling one of my Redirection's but even with every duplicate and fusion core (and ~400,000 credits) I can only get it to level 9.5-6.  I need a few hundred more (which means a lot of T4 survival for sets of R5 cores) before that'll happen.

Edited by Aumaan