Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Which Warframes To Buy And Which To Build

Question

I've been playing for few days and I've decided to become a founder and got a hefty amount of platinum.

I spent some of it on colour plate and some orokin catalyst/reactor and have about 800 left.

I want to spend it on some warframes and was wondering which warframes are notoriously hard to build and is easier just buying.

I currently have Excalibur and want to try Frost, Nyx and Trinity.

15 answers to this question

not quite sure how hard it is now that they moved the banshee parts to the uncommon pool but she was by far the hardest to get. everything else is more or less easy to farm in comparrison. (having farmed all warframes)

To be honest dude I think your better saving your plat for upcoming updates or catalyst/reactor. I don't think there are any notoriously hard warframes at the end of the day it's all rng the only thing that could be hard is the boss you have to farm. Any warframe I want I can usually get in 1 day if I just farm the boss which I've already done for frost/ash/rhino/banshee (banshee is bonus reward rng). Either way I'd say the hardest out of those 3 would probably be frost or nyx since their in higher lvl systems.

Trinity is pretty easy to farm. Frost can be hard, but if you're experienced and have a good team it's pretty easy. Nyx is the highest level planet of the 3, but not that hard to farm with a good team. Personally I have bought Nyx when I started playing and later farmed the other 2

Having farmed all the frames (besides banshee, which I broke down and bought because it was such a pain before) I agree with the other comments.  Unlock slots, buy potatoes.  Color pickers I like too.

IMO, only Loki and Volt are the reasonably priced for the platinum warframes out there (as they already come with a potato), so the actual platinum cost is actually a bargain compared to the grind for the blueprints. Everything else I'd just farm for, I'm saving my platinum for weapons, and my credits for upgrading mods.

I find it very amusing that although Mag has replaced Volt as a starter warframe, Volt's still a cheap buy in the platinum store - same price as Loki and Excalibur, while Mag's still more expensive.

Yeah, I understand they can't just randomly change the cash prices. It would annoy people.

Yeah I started with Mag after the Steam release, bought Loki and Volt and I'm planning to farm the rest - may still buy Nyx tho.

Loki = 75 plat = 20 plat for potato, 20 plat for warframe slot, and 35 plat for 3 Neptune Boss drops + 1 Control Mod, 1 Neural Sensors, 2 Morphics, 1 Orikin Cell, 800 rubedo, 150 alloy plate, 84 hours build time, and 105k credits (115k if you assume you could have sold the part BPs instead).

The Plat:Credits saved ratio is almost double the previously available credit packs, which in and of themselves were considered too many credits/plat

If you can afford them, and want them, purchasing the Volt/Excal(assuming not founders for some reason)/Loki frames with Platinum is actually a pretty sweet deal, regardless of the ease of farming the blueprints.

I wouldn't buy any Warframe except maaaybe Bahsnee.

It only took me about 3 days to farm all Blueprints for all the Warframes (except Banshee, working on that at the moment). 

Yes sometimes you need 50 runs for a complete Frame, but i had an average of 15 runs for all 3 parts.

Save your Platinum for Catalysts and Warframe/Weapon Slots!

I agree with most the others here, don't buy the frames.  Load up on catalysts, reactors, increase frame/weapon inventory size.  Also, saving some plat for the future may b e nice.

I bought Banshee about a week after U7 because the only part I had managed to get was the helmet despite many many many hours of play.  I've still been playing a ton and have only added 2 more prints to that (duplicates).  Every other frame I've farmed (and I have them all).  Definitely agree with the advice that you should spend your platinum on slots for frames and weapons, and potatoes.  If you're considering buying banshee with platinum, I recommend you farm other frames first.  That gives you a chance to acquire her parts in game as a side effect of play, and you've saved yourself the plat.

I'm assuming you have Cali Prime since you have 800 plats left after buying colors and somesuch.

I suggest you get Volt and Loki (if you still don't have him). They only cost 75 platinum, and they come with a frame slot and potato. You're potentially paying only 35 plats for the frame, and for me I think 100k + credits plus a lot of rubedo and other mats is a bargain.

What I did, as soon as I could, was make sure that I bought a frame, that I would never be selling, no matter what, and that was Rhino, and Excal Prime.

Save your platinum man, 800 can actually go really fast if you're not paying attention. An update shouldn't be too far away, so wait for it.