Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using Imprints To Unlock Kubrow Coats

Lumireaver

This is a suggestion to grant players the ability to use imprints from other Kubrows to directly and permanently unlock customization options on their own Kubrows. To illustrate what I mean, let me use an example.

...Say you're stalking trade chat looking for a Lotus Kubrow imprint. After much negotiation, you manage to snag one for a mere 50p. Great deal. Excited with your new purchase, you head over to your Incubator. You scroll over to the Genetic Tools section and, and hit a new button labeled "Splice Imprint."

Clicking this new button will render your Kubrow unusable for a (rushable) duration, but it's a small price to pay. You see, through the miracle of Orokin technology the imprinted DNA will be spliced into your Kubrow's genome so that forever after you will be able to manipulate it's genes and bring out the Lotus coat you just purchased. This, in addition to it's natural coat and whatever other coats you have purchased or spliced in.

Some particulars to keep in mind:

• Genetic Imprints would be consumed through this operation.
  • This would only unlock coats/colors on spliced Kubrows. Amassing an army of Lotus Kubrows would still take a considerable amount of effort and/or ridiculous wealth.
  • The costs of the splicing operation could be balanced to match DE's idea of a fair price. (Credits? DNA stability? Time?)

Mock-up:

OO33Qpx.jpg

Edit:

As Casardis has pointed out, this also ought to apply to colors as well. :)

Edited by Lumireaver

Great idea. Would give incentive to find coats instead of simply buying everything all the time and rolling the dice for genetics + breed.

I was wondering what you'd think about getting fur colors this way as well. There are similar colors from one to the other, but certain ones have different tint to them that can't be replicated with the current colors either.

Great idea. Would give incentive to find coats instead of simply buying everything all the time and rolling the dice for genetics + breed.

I was wondering what you'd think about getting fur colors this way as well. There are similar colors from one to the other, but certain ones have different tint to them that can't be replicated with the current colors either.

Aye, and not only that, but players would also have to consider whether they want to use their natural Lotus Kubrow imprints to splice the elusive Lotus genes into other members of their Kubrow family, or sell off the rare genes to make quick plat on the market. As a matter of fact, because this would give new ways to spend imprints, it may not be a bad idea to increase the amount of imprints you can make from a single Kubrow.

(Nothing too high, maybe just three to four. The reasoning behind this is that increasing demand by creating a new outlet for imprints without increasing supply might cause unsavory price hikes. Disclaimer: I am not an economist.)

Also yes, it was my intention for this to apply to colors as well. I haven't seen my Tigris's shade of orange in any of the color packs on the market, for example, so the only way for me to bring that to Gahara would be through something like this.

Edited by Lumireaver

This would synergize well with my idea that Kubrow Imprints should outright list the imprinted traits when examined, e.g. Body Type, Coat Pattern, Coat Color, etc. When you use an imprint for breeding you could get any number of traits from that imprint once it is used, but then this would let you consume an imprint to give a single attribute from that imprint to an existing Kubrow in your possession.

I don't even know why DE didn't think of this in the first place, I mean seriously what is the point of customizing our Kubrows if we're only going to be given limited options? And the current system only keeps promoting creating and ditching Kubrows instead of making ones you like (you know, supposed to grow attached to) the way you want.

Seriously guys at DE, make this a thing please, it'd help the much needed cutomization aspect of the Kubrows and you wouldn't get any flak from anyone who makes profit out of the prints.

Btw why was this moved to fan concepts? Looks more like feedback to me.

Edited by RahuStalker

• 2 weeks later...

This is a good idea & all, but I'm sure a lot of us have already made/used/sold the 2 imprint maximum. This would mean that we can't use patterns from Kubrow we already own, forcing us to either a.) breed another Kubrow & hope we get a desirable pattern or b.) buy imprints from some shlump in trade chat for whatever price.

I want to use patterns from Kubrow I already have.