Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Potential? - Started New Frame

FarStike

I've just started Loki after playing Mag exclusively (Mag/Mag Prime).

I've noticed an immense difference between the two. Loki is far more flexible, great to get to mobs, melee and get out, plus he's sneaky. Feel really awake playing him whereas loveable Mag was like a lumbering Ox. First 17 levels and am enjoying Loki.

However ...

I'm only really using the first two powers. Hologram and invisibility. I haven't found a reason (so far) to use the other two powers. Are they useful at all or just novelty?

Also notice that my hologram dies when being shot? Didn't see any holographic weapons in the wiki and I went looking for them :) Why on earth does a hologram die from being shot at?

Basically I'm enjoying the freshness of Loki but feeling I'm not using him to his potential. Any Loki users that could guide in making better utilisation?

Thanks.

Decoy is supposed to be used in covered areas where it can't be killed by high damaging units fast as it attracts enemies to it. I won't even say anything about semi-godmode invisibility. His switch teleport may be not so usefull but it is still a great mobility tool even if it takes our valuable mod slots. And radial disarm while at first glance could look bad it's actually one of the best CC skill in game that is able to make anything with guns a weak kind of infested charger. Overall loki is a great frame for manipulating his foes. Also loki - masterrace.

Decoy does die from being attacked.  Honestly I believe this is a bad decision in the way this ability works, since at higher levels the decoy cannot take any hits whatsoever before it ends.  However, sometime important here is that enemies attack the decoy if it's closer to them than you are, even if they can't see it.  You should try practice using the decoy in a way to LURE enemies rather than to HOLD the enemies. If that makes sense.  Put the decoy around a corner out of the line of fire, so that enemies will "focus" on it without actually being able to attack it, and melee enemies will be forced into an enfilading fire situation to come within bashing range.

Invisibility is pretty much Hax Mode.  Use it, abuse it.

Switch Teleport is handy to get around, because you can use it on your Decoy....which you can throw out at long range.  Personally though, I haven't got this equipped on my Loki build since I needed the slot to improve the power of his other abilities.  Teleport is Loki's weakest power definitely.

Radial Disarm is pretty much godlike.  It will permanently disarm any enemy carrying a weapon regardless of their level or firepower.  Is also guaranteed to knock down Chargers and Ancients.  If you build Loki for range and power efficiency, your team will love you dearly if you spam this and force all the dangerous Napalms and Corpus Techs to throw away their crazy powerful guns and break out their prods.

Loki is a strong supportive class. He has the ability to decide the outcome of what happens in combat and control his enemies movements.

Decoy 

-Very useful for drawing aggro away from you and your team

-Can be used to relocate your enemies and force them to your decoys position, recasting decoy to seperate spots can literally guide the enemies out of the room (radial disarm needed for this)

-Can be used to pull all enemies scattered around the room into 1 group (radial disarm needed for this)

**** Decoy is a difficult skill to get the hang of, in late game it can be destroyed quickly and is why you need to learn to know where you can place it without it getting attacked. Using decoy next a vortex from vauben can provide full protection for your decoy to make things easier********

Invisibility

-Pretty self explanatory, used to avoid detection

-Will grant 4x melee damage boost on first strike on an enemy

-Attacking an enemy while invisible will cause them to attack in your direction (decoy can prevent this)

Switch Teleport

-Can be used to swap positions with your team mate either while they are down (to put them in a safe place so they can get revived) or when they are in a group of enemies (pull them to safety) Or when you are in a group of enemies (do this to a valkyr / rhino to put them in the pack of enemies so they can decimate them all)

-Can be used to reach high places, quickly travel far distances, or go behind walls (decoy is needed for this, you can teleport with your decoy)

-Can be used to swap places with enemies as well and will cause them to be stunned for a few seconds

Radial Disarm

-His most op ability (imo at least)

-Used to remove enemies gun's and force them into melee

-With max range can cover an entire room (very useful in survival and defense missions)

-Natural talent reccommended due to its long cast time

-Will cause a 1 - 2 second stun effect on enemies every time it is cast

-Once radial disarm is used loki has the ability to control his enemies movement (by using decoy)

Edit: Forgot to mention something on switch teleport

Edited by Sev7n

Loki is one the best endgame frames around thanks to its excellent scaling.

Radial Disarm is extremely valuable with maxed out range on T3-T4 Survival, Defense (Overextended RD > Snow Globe), invisibility is a free "get out of jail card" allowing you to help downed allies, interact with objectives unhindered etc...

Decoy is a useful tool provided that you find a location to exploit pathfinding.

All in all, it's a frame that does not require a lot of very high level mods (Redirection as sole rank 10, Continuity 5, Fleeting 5 & Overextended 5 with Stretch & Streamline are more than enough), scale very well and remain consistently useful.

PS: Mag/Mag Prime remain the absolute Corpus steamroll frame with Shield Polarisation.

Edited by Lady_Solaire

With a fully invested "submarine" build Loki can be invisible at all times, just by recasting, as the energy from Energy Siphon will almost pay for you to recast the skill before the end of it's duration. I do not play this build, simply because it feels like I'm completely cheating at the game.

A full radial disarm build also feels like complete hax, but it's so much fun and so totally screws with your group in a fun way that I find myself playing it for the most difficult content. I used it to get 3K points in the Cryofront event on Phobos with random PuG players and just had a blast. Full radial disarm is also quickly becoming my favorite for leveling my gear since the bottleneck in survival usually becomes dealing with being shot at non-stop from all directions, radial disarm allows me to play comfortably for much, much longer with weaker gear.

Loki is special in that he probably won't be nerfed too hard IMO. I think he would be much better balanced with A.I. upgrades that attempt to find invisible units who make noise, kill their allies, etc, and by making enemies better at melee. The powers may see tweaks and limitations, but I'd be very surprised if they got really harshly nerfed.

Edited by VKhaun

All I can say is ... WOW!!! Thank you all for your amazing responses! So much creativity and imagination! You've covered the entire gambit of Strategy, Tactics and just plain sneakiness :)

You've certainly shown me that Loki is not the "selfish" warframe that I was beginning to assume he was. I cannot wait to try out your excellent suggestions.

Thank you again all.

EDIT: I just have to print this thread's advice for posterity - reminder source material :)

Edited by FarStike

Loki was my starter and he my most used frame.

Time in total:632:58:31

1.Hmm odd I don't use invisibility often and decoy only their for travel or when I dun goofed.

I usually use radial disarm it the most useful skill Loki got. 

2.No one understands why Decoy has health, what hologram has heath! it would make more sense if we throw something like a disk and that have health BUT we don't. <---(this make me very angry)

3.Loki full potential is using the park core ,ability,and playing your role don't be the tank or the guy that wants the most kill because when you do thing like t4 survival that will make you a burden on your team. (more of an every frame thing)

4. Every frame full potential is knowing their place don't be a Nuker Rhino or a Tank Necros because it doesn't play to the frames strength . Knowing your place is knowing your strength and weakness.

Edited by Danoso

If you are a decent aim, you can also trivialize Vault Runs in the Void with it. Set Decoy, port to decoy, rinse repeat, and avoid all the lasers and manual wallrunning. Also useful to get into some of the high up "secret" areas, just need to get part way up to get into range then port the rest of the way with a decoy.

I'm a lousy aimer unfortunately - using the xbox controller. On the plus side I've had a chance to experiment with some of the excellent suggestions from earlier and it has opened up a whole new side to playing Loki. Very happy with this added depth.

Loki is one of the few frames in the game that I actually use all four skills on. They have great synergy.  He's also one of the few frames that is equally great solo and in a team.

SKILLS

-Decoy: Great to draw mobs to a single area or distract enemies from objectives.  At high levels dies very quickly if attacked, but with strategic placement and disarm can still be effective.  Best thing about this skill though is the ability to switch teleport with it.

-Invisibility: Great for survivability and increased melee damage. 

-Switch Teleport: Mobility! Combined with Decoy you can get anywhere you can see in the blink of an eye.  

-Radial Disarm: One of the best scaling crowd controls in the entire game.  This is what Loki brings to a team, and why he's viable in endgame content.  

BUILDS  

There are two basic builds to use on Loki. One for solo and low level play, the other for team and high level play.

Solo(Cloak focus) build:

-Max duration (Continuity, Constitution, Narrow Minded).  

Play entire missions without getting shot. 

Team(Disarm focus) build:

-Max Range (Stretch, Overextended, Arcane Swindle Helmet). 

-Max Efficiency (Streamline, Fleeting Expertise)

Play entire missions without anyone getting shot.  

SYNERGY

A wreckless Rhino runs ahead of the team, gets his Iron Skin bursted and is downed. In a matter of seconds Loki:

-Drops a decoy safely next to his team

-Cloaks himself

-Switch teleports with the downed Rhino bringing him to the safety of the team for revival

-Radial Disarms the enemy mob that killed Rhino

-Switch teleports with his Decoy back to the team, leaving the decoy to further distract the disarmed enemies

You have not only saved your teammate, but you improved his position and disarmed the oncoming horde, all while being undetected.

Edited by fallenaeon

Which Stance is best recommended for Loki? I've been alternating between Rejuvenation and Energy Siphon. I'm loving the energy replaced from Energy Siphon but struggling when my health gets damaged and can't find health orbs.

With Rejuvenation active and Rage equipped I can kind of get enough energy for normal play through damage to health replenishing portion of my energy. Disadvantage is frequency of skills is diminished.

I'm still undecided between the two.

Which Stance is best recommended for Loki? I've been alternating between Rejuvenation and Energy Siphon. I'm loving the energy replaced from Energy Siphon but struggling when my health gets damaged and can't find health orbs.

With Rejuvenation active and Rage equipped I can kind of get enough energy for normal play through damage to health replenishing portion of my energy. Disadvantage is frequency of skills is diminished.

I'm still undecided between the two

I'd go with corrosive projection, shield disruption, or energy siphon. Rejuvenation is not going to help much since loki's health and shields are already pretty low and taking damage is something he shouldnt be doing. So taking something that will allow you to use skills more often or weaken your opponents is going to be more useful than anything else.

I've just started Loki after playing Mag exclusively (Mag/Mag Prime).

I've noticed an immense difference between the two. Loki is far more flexible, great to get to mobs, melee and get out, plus he's sneaky. Feel really awake playing him whereas loveable Mag was like a lumbering Ox. First 17 levels and am enjoying Loki.

However ...

I'm only really using the first two powers. Hologram and invisibility. I haven't found a reason (so far) to use the other two powers. Are they useful at all or just novelty?

Also notice that my hologram dies when being shot? Didn't see any holographic weapons in the wiki and I went looking for them :) Why on earth does a hologram die from being shot at?

Basically I'm enjoying the freshness of Loki but feeling I'm not using him to his potential. Any Loki users that could guide in making better utilisation?

Thanks.

Why do people always try to use their personal logic to try and explain something?

It's a game mechanic. Do you seriously expect the Decoy to last forever and distract enemies forever? Do you think 100 level enemies should be distracted as long as level 1 enemies if the decoy is in plain sight? Be grateful the Decoy can be put totally behind cover AND STILL WORK, because if we used "logic" then enemy would not see it, hence not get distracted.

How long would a hologramatic Greenier distract you? Probably as long as it took to put a few rounds through it and discover it's either producing no damage numbers, or you see bullet impacts on the wall behind them. If you wanted to use "logic", then no enemy would even shoot the decoy because it's incredibly obvious it's a decoy.

/rant off

I use Switch Teleport on Decoy for sniping spots and if you get energy management under control, Radial Disarm is basically a hax.

I also would like to point out that while Invisible, the 400% melee damage bonus on "non alerted enemies" also applies to the explosion effect of a Glaive or Kestrel. A Rank 17 non-potato Kestrel with some junk MODs on it was exploding with yellow crits of 5000-6000 damage and one shotting level 35-38 mobs during an Alert I was in, while only giving white and blue damage numbers in the 200-300 when visible. Also, you can enter some boss zones, go invisible, and one-shot them with a Kestrel by lining them up with a pit and rag-dolling them straight into it. After all, they cant see you, so you can take your sweet time to line up a kill shot.

Edited by DSpite