Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What It Means To Be Nekros

Azawarau

^

one of the guys in the team (presumably played nekros) had 0% damage dealt but 1461 abilities used (probably mostly desecrate)

as it stands right now, nekros is a terrible frame with one skill that has so much utility (because of drop-RNG) it outbalances one that is basically useless and two that are mediocre-to-good-ish, either desecrate needs a complete rework or needs to be replaced completely, along with buffs to the rest of his kit so he doesnt end up as a worse nyx

Edited by OnnaJReverT

but even if they buff the other frames to deal more damage or whatever, people will still not use it, since that would mean they can cast a desecrate less, which means less loot.

The sole purpose of nekromancers is to double the loot. If i play as nekros, my teammates sometimes even ask me to stop shooting the enemy and desecrate more.

I'm sorry, but this is based off misleading information. If it was 250+ upgrades received, 50k minimum mission credits, and roughly 100 beacons (on Ceres) it would be closer to the true potential of Nekros.

I'm not going to say any more. Those numbers are bested by far, on a daily basis by myself and my teams (closer to 300-350 upgrades now) from a 40-50m Survival. It's possible, start to worship Desecrate and it will reward you.

EDIT: spelling

Edited by Shrintoo

I agree that nekros needs some love but he isnt a 1 trick pony.

His first ability is a good single target cc.

His 2nd ability is a great debuff / cc.

His 4th ability is a nice aggro reducer / dps skill (not big dps i know)

All i think that nekros really needs is the cap to be removed from terrify (#2 skill) 

And possibly a buff to shadows damage

I agree that nekros needs some love but he isnt a 1 trick pony.

His first ability is a good single target cc.

His 2nd ability is a great debuff / cc.

His 4th ability is a nice aggro reducer / dps skill (not big dps i know)

All i think that nekros really needs is the cap to be removed from terrify (#2 skill) 

And possibly a buff to shadows damage

His 4 doesn't draw enough agro to excuse the fact that you just used up 100 energy, not counting flow mod and such. Shadows of the Dead is essentially useless, it is in dire need of tweaking, reworking or something.

but even if they buff the other frames to deal more damage or whatever, people will still not use it, since that would mean they can cast a desecrate less, which means less loot.

The sole purpose of nekromancers is to double the loot. If i play as nekros, my teammates sometimes even ask me to stop shooting the enemy and desecrate more.

Thats ridiculous

Nearly everyone that uses nekros uses him as a farm frame because thats all he has

When he gets more he can do both

If you dont want nekros to do more than desecrate then tough luck there

Its gotta happen

I'm sorry, but this is based off misleading information. If it was 250+ upgrades received, 50k minimum mission credits, and roughly 100 beacons (on Ceres) it would be closer to the true potential of Nekros.

I'm not going to say any more. Those numbers are bested by far, on a daily basis by myself and my teams (closer to 300-350 upgrades now) from a 40-50m Survival. It's possible, start to worship Desecrate and it will reward you.

EDIT: spelling

You missed the point of the thread entirely

No wait youve proven my point more

Carry on then

His 4 doesn't draw enough agro to excuse the fact that you just used up 100 energy, not counting flow mod and such. Shadows of the Dead is essentially useless, it is in dire need of tweaking, reworking or something.

I have noticed this the shadows ai should be improved so that they spread out more and cover more area to help with the aggro issue. Because one thing that seems to happen all the time is they stay bunched up.

If this is because the skill is meant to be a dps skill and just provide damage then there needs to be a buff to the damage they can create at max strength.

If its meant to help with aggro and provide a small amount of dps then their ai needs to be buffed so they dont stay clustered all the time.

That's bad gameplay design. I've only seen one person on these forums or in game who actually enjoys pressing 3 for 30-60 minutes. Everyone else - including myself - just sees it as dirty work. We're taken out of the action just so we can reroll the dice for another not-Delta beacon or for some air or a rare mod. It's not fun. At all. 

Unfortunately, that means this skill is on a bit of a slippery slope. People expect Nekros to wave his hand for an hour because that's what they associate him with. His other skills are mediocre at best. So the question is: How can we meet expectations while providing Nekros with a new and fun playstyle?

I've seen countless suggestions on these forums. My favorites are 1.) Turn Desecrate into an aura so Nekros can shoot while he loots, or 2.) Turn it into a Sentinel mod. Neither are surefire solutions to solving the Desecrate problem, but at least they'd keep generating loot like people expect - and they would bring Nekros' problem abilities into the spotlight.

He is more than just a ability 3 spammer, but that is up to the player himself.

I have done T3 survivals with decent players and i ended up doing to most damage and/or kills and was also desecrating the enemies, i simply killed enemies faster than other players.

So yes i am more than just a key 3 spammer, but that's me.

people go into survivals with 3 players that have damage / crowd control. The sole purpose of nekros is to provide extra life support and extra loot.

if he can not do that, there is no reason anymore to play as nekros, since other frames can do it better.

Especially since its difficult to stay ailve as nekros after 1+ hour in survivals

What does it mean to be a Nekros ypu might ask? Let me answer you...

Loot *@##$. If you don't be the looting *@##$ when you clearly are the looting frame, then people yell at you. We shouldn't feel as if we are obliged to use one ability, its demeaning to say the least.

Nekros, a one trick pony?

Ah, whatever.

People keep saying that 'x' build or 'y' weapon is THE best and ANYONE who doesn't use THOSE is a stupid noob.

Last I checked, wasn't this game supposed to be about having FUN?

I have fun when I play Nekros and no, I don't JUST Desecrate spam unless I am asked for that and trust the team I am with to give me support. (VERY RARE that happens) 

I try to have fun no matter the frame I play. That is enough for me.

I know, I know. According to the UBER ELITE who post here, I am stupid not to want to go to wave 30000 on survival or something equally idiotic. I don't care.

I have noticed this the shadows ai should be improved so that they spread out more and cover more area to help with the aggro issue. Because one thing that seems to happen all the time is they stay bunched up.

If this is because the skill is meant to be a dps skill and just provide damage then there needs to be a buff to the damage they can create at max strength.

If its meant to help with aggro and provide a small amount of dps then their ai needs to be buffed so they dont stay clustered all the time.

I'm not in it for the damage, since it should be whatever the enemies that you raised would normally do if they were alive, so that's a good variable. What it needs is an improvement to the AI or something, otherwise it's a complete waste

That's bad gameplay design. I've only seen one person on these forums or in game who actually enjoys pressing 3 for 30-60 minutes. Everyone else - including myself - just sees it as dirty work. We're taken out of the action just so we can reroll the dice for another not-Delta beacon or for some air or a rare mod. It's not fun. At all.

Unfortunately, that means this skill is on a bit of a slippery slope. People expect Nekros to wave his hand for an hour because that's what they associate him with. His other skills are mediocre at best. So the question is: How can we meet expectations while providing Nekros with a new and fun playstyle?

I've seen countless suggestions on these forums. My favorites are 1.) Turn Desecrate into an aura so Nekros can shoot while he loots, or 2.) Turn it into a Sentinel mod. Neither are surefire solutions to solving the Desecrate problem, but at least they'd keep generating loot like people expect - and they would bring Nekros' problem abilities into the spotlight.

Then they don't deserve Nekros's valuable looting time, he's got other clients who need his help for loot, or that extra life support module. I, for one, would gladly press 3 noon stop for hours on end, it helps with health orbs, rarer ammo (like sniper ammo, note with this new launcher Nerf), and other useful goodies other than JUST mods. Edited by HawktheHeavy

on the contrary, all I did was show you that it's there for a VERY good reason, and should be appreciated and not the reverse

He needs more

His cc and utility is below mediocre as is and the only thing he has going for him is desecrate

Ive never been as let down by any frame near as much as the supposed nekromancer

people go into survivals with 3 players that have damage / crowd control. The sole purpose of nekros is to provide extra life support and extra loot.

if he can not do that, there is no reason anymore to play as nekros, since other frames can do it better.

Especially since its difficult to stay ailve as nekros after 1+ hour in survivals

Nekros literally only has use in survival and farming

He needs more playability than 3

Nekros, a one trick pony?

Ah, whatever.

People keep saying that 'x' build or 'y' weapon is THE best and ANYONE who doesn't use THOSE is a stupid noob.

Last I checked, wasn't this game supposed to be about having FUN?

I have fun when I play Nekros and no, I don't JUST Desecrate spam unless I am asked for that and trust the team I am with to give me support. (VERY RARE that happens) 

I try to have fun no matter the frame I play. That is enough for me.

I know, I know. According to the UBER ELITE who post here, I am stupid not to want to go to wave 30000 on survival or something equally idiotic. I don't care.

This isnt about that

Its nekros being beyond sub par

His powers dont synergize at all

He needs more

His cc and utility is below mediocre as is and the only thing he has going for him is desecrate

Ive never been as let down by any frame near as much as the supposed nekromancer

Nekros literally only has use in survival and farming

He needs more playability than 3

This isnt about that

Its nekros being beyond sub par

His powers dont synergize at all

some ideas then?

some ideas then?

There have been a ton of great ideas

Some of my favorites are

-Increasing the aggressiveness and damage of SOTD clones

-Remove the target limit on Terrify

-Make Desecrate add to the collected souls of SOTD

-Show the amount of shadows in your SOTD pool when SOTD isnt being used

-Allow take over of Eximus units

-Possibly Prioritize heavier units rather than overwrite when you kill/desecrate

-Increase max soul count (to compete with nyx a little more)

He still feels incomplete but at least its a step up

Thats ridiculous

Nearly everyone that uses nekros uses him as a farm frame because thats all he has

When he gets more he can do both

If you dont want nekros to do more than desecrate then tough luck there

Its gotta happen

You missed the point of the thread entirely

No wait youve proven my point more

Carry on then

Pretty sure you are the one missing the point. Players just see "loot" most of the time, and they see Nekros as a way to get more. If he got more/better abilities, unless those abilities cut enemies in half to Desecrate even more, players will still use Nekros to just Desecrate. You would have to nerf Desecrate to a point where spamming it is not anywhere as effective - at least on the Drop tables - before that changes. I'm sorry, but DE seriously underestimated player greed on that one.

You want less 3 spam, players want more loot. Boosting his other skills won't change the fact people want more cores and more mods. Unless you make it he can only Desecrate his own kills, it won't change, and even then a team will probably just get a Vauban to Vortex a bunch of things for Nekros to Penta spam, and then Desecrate anyway.