Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What It Means To Be Nekros

Azawarau

Slightly off topic now, sorry.

I don't have a problem with RNG, If I did, I would have gone mad already in many other games, but I'm not going to argue too hard that it would be nice to have pseudo-random rather then pure-random. For all I know, DE is already doing it without telling anyone, I mean, they can't admit to it, otherwise players will even try to mess with that.

That said, I know many people have complained about Tactical Alerts, but as far as I am concerned, THAT is where things to be farmed should be, that being tuned missions. Everything else can stay the way it is, with the same RNG as it has now, but I could live with missions that have ever increasing rewards for ever decreasing numbers in Conclave Rating or similar mechanic, after all, it's optional, do it, don't do it, it changes nothing, but any other way is just too much of a free ride in my opinion.

Now with THAT also said, I think Desecrate should work differently. I don't know frigging how, but the current system is just too weird, to me, anyway. Keep energy and health maybe, but do something else with the "re-roll on the loot table", keep it useful, but not so it turns the Frame into a mod farming class, it's something weird on an already weird frame, I think, if it stays the way it is now, it will be played the way it is now, that being not as a Frame to have fun with, but a Frame to cheat RNG with.

I think another big issue with Desecrate is that it's not even guaranteed to give you a rare item. In fact, it often doesn't give you a rare drop. So most of the time your efforts are just going toward gathering more nano spores and alloy scraps. Fun.

I will admit that I do like the health and energy drops, because it allows him to run an Equilibrium/QT build if you want. But I'd like to see Desecrate become an aura so Nekros could focus on doing other, more interesting and fun things in a mission.

i dont see the problem

you want less loot?

The sole purpose of nekromancers is to double the loot. If i play as nekros, my teammates sometimes even ask me to stop shooting the enemy and desecrate more.

What does it mean to be a Nekros ypu might ask? Let me answer you...

Loot $#*(@. If you don't be the looting $#*(@ when you clearly are the looting frame, then people yell at you. We shouldn't feel as if we are obliged to use one ability, its demeaning to say the least.

more loot is more important to many players than a functioning 4th teammate

Here's a guide for playing Nekros. This will tell you exactly which keys you need to press in any mission to be a good Nekros player.

333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

I wouldn't want Nekros to have more excuses to not spam desecrate.  Desecrate spam is the only reason I would ever want him on my team, period.  That is not because his other skills need buffed; it is because I only want him there to increase drops, nothing else.

And this is exactly why Desecrate should never have existed.

Before Nekros, common design convention would have held that a class to actively increase loot would be game-breaking and no sane developer would ever come up with it. Then the flood gates were opened for Halloween; people EXPECT a class designed solely to give them loot now.

It's disgusting.

Edited by Archwizard

And this is exactly why Desecrate should never have existed.

Before Nekros, common design convention would have held that a class to actively increase loot would be game-breaking and no sane developer would ever come up with it. Then the flood gates were opened for Halloween; people EXPECT a class designed solely to give them loot now.

It's disgusting.

Why is it okay to expect one Frame to constantly support you (Blessing, EV, Etc), but when the person playing the support frame expects you to effectively perform a useful team function, unique to your frame (desecrate), it is suddenly disgusting?

Why is it okay to expect one Frame to constantly support you (Blessing, EV, Etc), but when the person playing the support frame expects you to effectively perform a useful team function, unique to your frame (desecrate), it is suddenly disgusting?

1) Trinity's supportive powers are designed as a situational response, with room to play between casts. Desecrate is designed to be spammed.

2) Trinity's skills are a counter to damage. Nekros' are a bandaid to the innate flaws of RNG.

3) Trinity's theme is healer - a job she does. Nekros' theme is necromancer - a job he doesn't do.

4) Trinity has reason to use 3 out of 4 skills. Nekros only has reason to use one.

[size=2]5) Suddenly? Try all along.[/size]

Need I go on?

Edited by Archwizard

Good.

I wouldn't want Nekros to have more excuses to not spam desecrate.  Desecrate spam is the only reason I would ever want him on my team, period.  That is not because his other skills need buffed; it is because I only want him there to increase drops, nothing else.

Youre exactly the thing i was talking about

I wish i could find that exact post. In fact i think ill look for it later

Doesnt want nekros changes so people wont use something other than desecrate spam

So don't play as Nekros if you dislike him. That skill is why Nekros is like a free pass into parties.  If you use that assumption to get into a party then don't fulfill your responsibilities and take flak for it, that is on you.

The problem is, people like you honestly don't get it.

The "necromancer" idea had potential before "Loot the Dead" was even conceived. Paranormal debuffs and psychological crowd control? Allied healing through mass life drainage? An army of minions that scale with the enemies you're fightng?

Sure, the versions we got aren't exactly up to pitch yet, but if it weren't for all the arguing over Desecrate leaving a faction of players handwaving his faults and saying "well we weren't even using 3 of 4 skills anyway", he would have gotten a closer look before Oberon was even a glint in Scott's eye.

You think I should avoid him? I'll get right on that, right after you change his name, his model, his other powers, and refund me for the effort I put into grinding for and leveling him before realization set in.

His name is Nekros - the source of the root necro. He's dressed like the Grim Reaper, and has always been (falsely) advertised as a necromancer - which is why I and several others even paid him any mind. He should bloody well play like one, not your one-button wonder with a tractor and a pitchfork.

Again.

Terrify

Duration: 5/10/15/20 (affected by power duration)

Targets: Unlimited.

Range: 10/15/20/25 (affected by power range)

Slow effect : 10/15/20/25 (affected by power strength) 

Reduced armor: 10/15/20/25 (affected by power strength) 

Maxed power strength = reduced armor and slow enemy by 57.5%.

What does that mean ?

It means your shadows can actually do damage.

Add 1 more Corrosive P to Nekros and you can pretty much go through most content alone and your shadows will rip through stuff.

Of course this is balanced out that it affects your desecrate spam, but you have a very powerful warrior that scales extremely well into most content. In fact just 57.5% armor reduction off is a death warrant for most Grineer on Ceres.

Soul punch will need more utility, but that is another topic for now.

Edited by fatpig84

Again.

Terrify

Duration: 5/10/15/20 (affected by power duration)

Targets: Unlimited.

Range: 10/15/20/25 (affected by power range)

Slow duration: 10/15/20/25

Reduced armor: 10/15/20/25

Maxed power strength = reduced armor and slow enemy by 57.5%.

What does that mean ?

It means your shadows can actually do damage.

Add 1 more Corrosive P to Nekros and you can pretty much go through most content alone and your shadows will rip through stuff.

Of course this is balanced out that it affects your desecrate spam, but you have a very powerful warrior that scales extremely well into most content. In fact just 57.5% armor reduction off is a death warrant for most Grineer on Ceres.

Soul punch will need more utility, but that is another topic for now.

I'm in the camp that would prefer they keep the target limit but remove the Power in Use lockout, especially as tracking down a dispersed crowd of enemies (even slowed enemies) so you can cast Terrify again can be annoying; Chaos' works fairly well because it compels the crowd to clump together to attack each other (leaving very few foes to track down), but a complete scattering skill demands more controlled and situational usage.

The rest of it seems okay, though the math on the armor reduction has historically left much to be desired. It shouldn't require Corrosive Projection to be decent, especially as Corrosive Projection stacks over 100% already. If given a choice between the two, I'd take the slow over the armor reduction any day.

If you don't Forma ANY Warframe, you can minmax 1 skill only most of the time. In the case of Nekros, Desecrate has this silly chance of failure. Making it work all the time would make it less spammy. I'd be OK to have desecrate drain +1 energy per 10 enemy levels of desecrated enemies - besides teh basic skill cost - and have it work 100% of the time. 

Terrify should be a 'circle of souls' (with fixed duration) screaming centered on casting position or moving with Nekros, and any enemy entering this circle (or inside it at cast time) would be affected, and would run away. 

Putting some FOrma allows some builds to use the other skills, but it could use some improvement. 

I think Terrify and Desecrate are the best candidates for improvement.

Edited by BrazilianJoe

Being Nekros is being comfortable in a mankini.

Yeah, unfortunately he has the rap of using one skill set only. It's what I do when I play him with friends. When I join in randoms, I'll use the big D a few times as to try to get people more loot. But I won't JUST use that, I have decent weapons, I'm OK to help out offensively in the meantime. If they don't want my help as a player, oh well, their problem. If they want something else they can do it themselves.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

I've always thought that Terrify should make people cower rather than flee - it'd just be so much more useful. If you're worried about the gamebreaking possibility there, stick a damage cap on it or something...

I'd also like to see Terrify or Shadows of the Dead accompanied by the traditional Whispering spirits/wraith voices...

It may just be me, but Desecrate has always felt a bit too close to the fourth wall for my liking. You know, since it directly affects a game mechanic that doesn't really make sense in universe.

And finally, I agree with the 1 or 2 other folk who've said they'd like to see him as an actual Necromancer, rather than, well- whatever he is.

The thing is you can't max out Desecrate AND the other powers. You are forced to make a choice. So changing how Terrify or SotD work so you can use a unique build for everything would be a simple solution... But it would make modding boring (because one best build).

Desecrate is fine even without range mods; stretch is a luxury and overextended is certainly unnecessary.

Desecrate is fine even without range mods; stretch is a luxury and overextended is certainly unnecessary.

Wrong

If you arent spamm3 you wrong nekros bad dont want

This is entirely how people act

Ive gotten some trouble for my nekros builds that sound exactly like the above after filtering out the i cant even anymore

Edited by Azawarau