Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About That Hallowed Ground Buff

LGear

Question

Seems fair. Casting that takes about as long as shooting the sensor would.

Well, if you're going for a Sword Alone run on a Grineer Galleon, being able to pass through the door without shooting it is a good thing.

Also, Hallowed Ground is so useful when fighting Disruptors and Shock Eximus, since they can't drain your energy while you're on it.

Also, scorpions and ancients cant pull you while you're standing in it, plus i havent tested for ancients but scorpions get stuck in the "get over here!" animation for a while and you can walk around with the cable attached to you.

Edit: Your method works for corpus doorways too, you still take damage but at least you dont faceplant.

Edited by Meganin

That on the other hand seems hardly fair. Does it also make immune to attacks from Scorch, Napalm, Ruk?

More or less. Standing on Hallowed Ground makes you immune to knockdowns and any other crowd control effects. You can still be thrown off if the attack is powerful enough, you just won't be lying on the ground trying to stand up afterwards.

That on the other hand seems hardly fair. Does it also make immune to attacks from Scorch, Napalm, Ruk?

Toxic from acient is a status, damage from those npc arent but you will be inmune to heat/fire

derp

whoa, clearly didn't pay enough attention to that little detail of the hallowed ground change. seems to be _the_ quality of life ability for longer defenses when you're being swarmed by eximussessesithings.

Doesnt protec you from eximus heal/energy leech

Edited by Dasmir

Toxic from acient is a status, damage from those npc arent but you will be inmune to heat/fire

derp

Counter-Derp:

Mutalist Osprey toxic cloud (topic of quoted text) is not a status but may proc a status.

I would assume that it should damage but not proc on Hallowed Ground.

Edited by Zsar

derp

Doesnt protec you from eximus heal/energy leech

You're only protected from the procs, not the damage. So you'll be damaged by fire damage, but you won't get set on fire.

Also, the Eximus energy leech isn't a Status Effect, hence why it isn't affected.

Counter-Derp:

Mutalist Osprey toxic cloud (topic of quoted text) is not a status but may proc a status.

I would assume that it should damage but not proc on Hallowed Ground.

This. The Toxin Cloud will still deal damage, it just won't proc for additional damage.

whoa, clearly didn't pay enough attention to that little detail of the hallowed ground change. seems to be _the_ quality of life ability for longer defenses when you're being swarmed by eximussessesithings.

Pretty much. I actually tried an Overextended + Stretch build on an Infested Mobile Defense Invasion to get a HUGE Hallowed Ground area, and basically so long as I keep casting Hallowed Ground and stay in it I can whack Ancients without getting toxin procs or having my energy drained.

Edited by LGear

Rhino's Iron Skin only protects itself though. Oberon can confer the same bonus to everyone else that's not a Rhino.

People not playing as Rhino.

Only better, because my teammates can also walk on Hallowed Ground.

People caring about their teamates.

This is Warframe we're talking about right.

(I'm joking, of course. It's nice that there's a team buff that can counter a lot of annoying procs.)

I once saw a Rhino die earlier than me.

Wot u say m8?

They were clearly not ready to don Rhino's glorious cod piece and wear the iron cloak.

Don't even call him Rhino.

He is just babby casul.

Also OT:

Procs (Particularly the bleed proc that ignores my shields) are actually very annoying.

Oberon might be a worthwhile investment.