Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Nerf

Boogiewoogiee

Question

I just finished max ranking my trinity about 3 hours ago, but while I was playing that mission, a user from my squad said that he sold his trinity because it wa greatly nerfed and he insisted that I do the same even though I just reached rank 30 with it. What part of Trinity was nerfred exactly, does it greatly effect her utility or is it some minor nerf? Should I ditch her and go for nekros as a support frame instead?

19 answers to this question

I just finished max ranking my trinity about 3 hours ago, but while I was playing that mission, a user from my squad said that he sold his trinity because it wa greatly nerfed and he insisted that I do the same even though I just reached rank 30 with it. What part of Trinity was nerfred exactly, does it greatly effect her utility or is it some minor nerf? Should I ditch her and go for nekros as a support frame instead?

Probably what he's meaning: 

Trinity:

- Blessing:  On cast, Blessing restores all shields and health. Damage reduction for the duration of the skill is now based on the greatest percentage of health healed (ie:if you have a squad with members whose health you healed 30%, 40% and 90%, all party members will receive Damage reduction at the greatest percent, 90% in this case).  This should make the use of Blessing more reactive, greatly benefiting players that pay attention and monitor party health to maximize its effectiveness.

- Reduced the time it takes for Trinity's Blessing animation to play.

-Energy Vampire:  Will now pulse one last burst from the victim when it dies, releasing any remaining energy; this should make the power useful even when the enemy is killed prematurely.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/231590-update-1330-pack-hunters/

The nerf from U13.3 where people claim Trinity was destroyed due to her blessing no longer giving invulnerability.  

But if you find a way to make her good then keep her its your choice, you shouldn't just drop a frame because someone told you too, experiment with builds and if you like trinity, keep her.

Edited by NovusNova

this frame has been nerfed, just like a frost. you may considered it as deliberate handicapping of majority of player base.

however it's not all that bad. you see you can still have similar effect of old blessing even now, if you combine two mods (like QT and Rage) and cast blessing on 2hp. This should provide 99.8% of damage reduction for a party.

so i don't really see why this nerf was needed. just like i don't understand why nerf for frost was needed as well.

these two nerfes are results of poor understanding of gaming process.

Edited by Althix

Trinity is fine just ignore him.

All DE did was remove blessings invulnerability which made it possible for you and your team to basically be invincible forever.

Now you have dmg reduction based on how much health is healed instead eg, team mate has 10% health left when you use blessing, he is then fully healed has his sheilds restored and 90% dmg reduction for however many seconds.

Trin is fine. You just can't exploit the game with her now. Now you need Rage and QT to exploit blessing.

Oh no. Whatever will we do without god mode...

Edited by StinkyPygmy

this frame has been nerfed, just like a frost. you may considered it as deliberate handicapping of majority of player base.

however it's not all that bad. you see you can still have similar effect of old blessing even now, if you combine two mods (like QT and Rage) and cast blessing on 2hp. This should provide 99.8% of damage reduction for a party.

so i don't really why this nerf was needed. just like i don't understand why nerf for frost was needed as well.

damage reduction is capped at 90% so you cant reach higher than that

so i don't really why this nerf was needed. just like i don't understand why nerf for frost was needed as well.

Yep. Trinity, if you have QT and Rage, is still as powerful as ever. Regardless of the mods she can sport near infinite energy and self-immunity with Link.

damage reduction is capped at 90% so you cant reach higher than that

this is why i said "should" not "will".

another proof that developer do not think things in advance, or do not take aspects of the game like combinations of mods into consideration.

take a look at Oberon rework for example, they made this frame even worse.

Edited by Althix

Even if she was nerfed she isn't bad at all. The nerf gave to her abilities some utility, instead of spamming godmode now you can choose if making her a tank with Link or a Heal Frame with Blessing. The problem is that when people reads "nerf" this means that the warframe is dead for most of them.

I think he´s refering to DE changing the way Blessing works.

Its no longer god-mode with duration,but gives you damage reduction based on the MOST percentage of HP healed.

EXAMPLE: A  squad of 3 people,player A,player B and Trinity

Player A is healed by trinity for 30% of his HP.

Player B is healed by Trinity for 90% of his HP.

So that means that EVERYONE gets 90% damage reduction for some time.

Even if she was nerfed she isn't bad at all. The nerf gave to her abilities some utility, instead of spamming godmode now you can choose if making her a tank with Link or a Heal Frame with Blessing. The problem is that when people reads "nerf" this means that the warframe is dead for most of them.

He said it's greatly nerfed?

I say it's perfectly balanced.

Trinity can still use as a good support,or even a TANK with the right mods on.

Can you guys provide a link that shows what mods I should use for Trinity after the nerf because currently Im using a set up for the old Trinity. Or are the mod set up the same?

How?

because as i recall renewal had the ability to resurrect downed players. now its just keeping them alive little bit longer, bleedout time.

really? bleedout time? is this means that 'undying will' and 'provoked' modes have some use?!! no useless as they were. and oberon lost the only ability which has been designed more or less well.

Sorry, but Trinity as healer is still superior, and as damage dealer oberon still sucks. anti debuff field have no real application as well, because frame have no use.

so when you hear "Oberon" - you understand "a gimp".

side note topic starter: QT/Rage combo will not provide too much of the edge, you see this combo will give you some time to cast blessing, but nothing more. mobs that have high spike damage, like seekers, fusion moas or any grenade tossed at you by mobs, will insta-down you or your party members.

about mods:

EDn8ajG.jpg

i am running in this setup, i also have arcane aura helmet. this is maxed duration build. and this trinity was build for a play in a premade group, so i don't really think this build will be useful for you, topic starter.

But QT/Rage combo is still must have, not only on Trinity but in general. because this combo will forgive many mistakes done by you or your team.

Edited by Althix

Trinity was OP, admit it ! Now she is totally fine. The QT + Rage + Blessing is awesome. At higher level you need to blessing at the right moment, at a very high level...you will be dead in 1 shot anyway, so be careful not to rely too much on that. Energy Vampire got a buff, I prefere it this way. Killing a boss with only Well of Life and Energy Vampire (support abilities) was not balanced.

Another reason why she is not played anymore is because of the Energy Restore items. 

Before that and rage mod, for endless defense, you kinda need her to restore energy for the team. Now with the Energy Restore item, it kinda kills the warframe.

I really like this frame now, the only thing is that thing behind her back...sort of lobster tail...ew...I can't even...But overall good support frame

because as i recall renewal had the ability to resurrect downed players. 

That was a bug that was patched very quickly after his release. The 'nerf' included in 14.5 is that energy generation from Energy Siphon and Rage doesn't work while Renewal is active.

He said it's greatly nerfed?

I say it's perfectly balanced.

Agreed. I actually play my Trinity more often now than before. Shes a lot more dynamic than press 4 to make everyone invincible, which was, frankly, boring. The unlimited energy for your entire team was a major buff. Actually, for non-endless content I'd consider her changes to be a buff, rather than a nerf.