Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Is Messed Up Now *sigh*

Duyet

Regardless of how I choose to play, it's fact that Blade Storm can replace other abilities alone.

Shuriken- Damage, auto-targettting

Smoke Screen- Safety, high damage when using melee

Teleport- Range/mobility

Blade Storm- Very high damage, auto-targetting after cast, room-clearing for safety, invulnerability, range

The only thing Blade Storm is missing is that it doesn't provide mobility of Teleport, but roflcoptering solves that issue. Need damage? press 4. Want to stay alive? press 4. Need to get rid of something quickly across the map? press 4.

Ash is a 1 trick pony now. 3 abilities in 1. Like Frost, you have 4 abilities but only Snow Globe matters. You can do well without the other 3 abilities. That is all, thanks.

Several Ash players have explained to you why this isn't the case, and why it's not the characters fault that he's flexible enough to become OP with mods SPECIFICALLY designed to make you OP. You're complaining that since you have created an over powered build with toys that were created for this precise purpose, it is now DE's job to nerf the character in order to allow you to have fun again without having to take off the OP mods. This is an absolutely ludicrous request as it completely ignores players who don't build ash like you and also ignores more recent players who don't even have access to the corrupted mods and won't for some time.

The responsibility should not be on DE to stop making corrupted mods do what they where expressly created for. The responsibility should be on the high end players to stop playing with the corrupted mods if they find them so game breaking instead of screaming NERF and ruining the fun and flexability for everyone else.

I love the finisher opportunity on Teleport. I hit for like 17k with no Smoke Screen using the Dragon Nikana using Teleport. That finisher damage is killer! (And it ignores armour, I think)

I honestly don't use Bladestorm that much. The one I never use nowadays it Shuriken.

Edited by Angelus_de_Mortiel

I love the finisher opportunity on Teleport. I hit for like 17k with no Smoke Screen using the Dragon Nikana using Teleport. That finisher damage is killer! (And it ignores armour, I think)

I honestly don't use Bladestorm that much. The one I never use nowadays it Shuriken.

Yes Finisher ignores armor, that is what makes BS so powerful in scaling.

Cos it ignores armor.

Yes Finisher ignores armor, that is what makes BS so powerful in scaling.

Cos it ignores armor.

Which is a good thing, in my opinion. We have a distinct lack of scalable Warframe powers that do not have a CC of some kind (Radial Disarm, Chaos, Stomp).

I think Teleport, also opening enemies up for that Finisher damage, adds a few invinciibility frames while you are in movement.

Several Ash players have explained to you why this isn't the case, and why it's not the characters fault that he's flexible enough to become OP with mods SPECIFICALLY designed to make you OP. You're complaining that since you have created an over powered build with toys that were created for this precise purpose, it is now DE's job to nerf the character in order to allow you to have fun again without having to take off the OP mods. This is an absolutely ludicrous request as it completely ignores players who don't build ash like you and also ignores more recent players who don't even have access to the corrupted mods and won't for some time.

The responsibility should not be on DE to stop making corrupted mods do what they where expressly created for. The responsibility should be on the high end players to stop playing with the corrupted mods if they find them so game breaking instead of screaming NERF and ruining the fun and flexability for everyone else.

Don't you think it's messed up? Now Blade Storm can do everything and does it better than the other 3 abilities. With Fleeting Expertise and Streamline, you're pretty much going to kill everything. Throw in Stretch, Intensify, Overextended, and Blind Rage, you can murder even more. Either nerf the energy efficiency cap, or just nerf Blade Storm to the way it was before. Maybe just keep the bleeding but make sure to add in a cancel option. Let's be honest here, the bleeding effect plus the revisiting multi-hits is an overkill combo. Enemies don't even have time to bleed with all these clones jumping on them..

While I agree that Bladestorm is a bit too strong, isn't it possible that the reason people don't use his other abilities is because they're kind of S#&$?

Shuriken targets too few enemies and does too little damage, making it useless past the lower levels and a waste of energy. This isn't a problem Ash has alone as this is the case for most of the #1 powers.

Smokescreen is still used to great effect for reviving people, stunning enemies and boosting one's melee damage. If Bladestorm's survivability was reduced while keeping its offensive capabilities, Smokescreen would see more regular use.

Teleport is a clunky movement ability because it requires targeting which isn't practical at all times if you're playing at a fast-pace. Another reason for its clunkiness is the cast time, which you could clearly see in the video you posted with the last Teleport where the Grineer took out Ash's shields.

http://youtu.be/0am52_la58Q?t=56s

This ability would be more worthwhile if there was no cast time and you could freely teleport to any location much like a Nova Wormhole.

Also don't see how the Bladestorm animation was ruined as it is still the same as the video's. You can barely see the clones for the most part unless you're watching another Ash performing the moves.

On a side note, Rebecca sure has improved her voice acting role as the Lotus *_*

Edited by Liacu

Don't you think it's messed up? Now Blade Storm can do everything and does it better than the other 3 abilities. With Fleeting Expertise and Streamline, you're pretty much going to kill everything. Throw in Stretch, Intensify, Overextended, and Blind Rage, you can murder even more. Either nerf the energy efficiency cap, or just nerf Blade Storm to the way it was before. Maybe just keep the bleeding but make sure to add in a cancel option. Let's be honest here, the bleeding effect plus the revisiting multi-hits is an overkill combo. Enemies don't even have time to bleed with all these clones jumping on them..

I think it's messed up that given the choice between taking off the OP mods or demanding that DE altar ash just to cater specifically to YOUR desires, you would choose the latter instead of the former.

Bladestorm is definitely not making other skills obsolete. When you get stuck with an energy leech eximus, you can get stuck for up to 20 seconds which makes your team mate bleed out dead. It has happened to me and to my friend before. Shuriken costs less and can be used while reloading. Smokescreen is a free revive. Teleport moves you around quickly if you can aim it, Bladestorm does not. Smokescreen with Teleport, when paired together, makes Ash the best ally reviving warframe in the game.

You must not have played Ash a lot. All you talk about is how Ash's Bladestorm deals a ton of damage and how it makes his other skills obsolete, which it does but only in terms of damage. It's probably the least spectacular of all his skills in functionality considering his Smokescreen and Teleport are far better to complete objectives, helps out team mates easily and Shuriken makes him play more fluidly by allowing him to contribute even when he's out of ammo. His abilities allow him to dish out large amounts of damage even without Bladestorm. Bladestorm may deal more, but it drags him out of this fluidity and the lack of control is bigger than you think it is.

IMO a bunch of the powers of Ash, Excalibur, and Loki could use swapping around.

Ash should have Shuriken, Smoke Screen, Switch Teleport, Radial Blind.

Excalibur should have Slash Dash, Teleport, Radial Disarm, Radial Javelin.

Loki should have Decoy, Invisibility, Super Jump, and Blade Storm.

IMO a bunch of the powers of Ash, Excalibur, and Loki could use swapping around.

Ash should have Shuriken, Smoke Screen, Switch Teleport, Radial Blind.

Excalibur should have Slash Dash, Teleport, Radial Disarm, Radial Javelin.

Loki should have Decoy, Invisibility, Super Jump, and Blade Storm.

Uh no thanks.

You gave Ash 2 skills that have a 400% modifier to melee and the ability to drop aggro.

That is  bad and pushing him to overpowered / redundant skill territory.

Right now.

Ash has a 400% melee modifier due to SS

Loki has a 400% melee modifier due to Invisibility 

Excal has a 400% melee modifier due to Radial Blind.

And all of the above skills break aggro barring you spamming huge noisy machine guns.

Leave them be.

Edited by fatpig84

Bladestorm is definitely not making other skills obsolete. When you get stuck with an energy leech eximus, you can get stuck for up to 20 seconds which makes your team mate bleed out dead. It has happened to me and to my friend before. Shuriken costs less and can be used while reloading. Smokescreen is a free revive. Teleport moves you around quickly if you can aim it, Bladestorm does not. Smokescreen with Teleport, when paired together, makes Ash the best ally reviving warframe in the game.

You must not have played Ash a lot. All you talk about is how Ash's Bladestorm deals a ton of damage and how it makes his other skills obsolete, which it does but only in terms of damage. It's probably the least spectacular of all his skills in functionality considering his Smokescreen and Teleport are far better to complete objectives, helps out team mates easily and Shuriken makes him play more fluidly by allowing him to contribute even when he's out of ammo. His abilities allow him to dish out large amounts of damage even without Bladestorm. Bladestorm may deal more, but it drags him out of this fluidity and the lack of control is bigger than you think it is.

Well, when it stops scaling (which takes a while before this actually happens), then you pretty much are left with only Teleport and Smoke Screen for utilities. If you know that damaging abitities would be worthless in the mission you are playing, then might as well just bring Loki. His Decoy+ Switch Teleport might take a second longer to reach a target, but it works and you get to have more utilities. But when BS still does scale, then it is really all that you need. Unless I am playing a very long survival or defense mission, then I really don't need anything else. Blade Storm does all the work. It makes his other abilities obsolete until it no longer scales well into late games.

Is Ash a broken frame or what? You need to wait until the very late endgame to see that his other abilities might serve a purpose. During mid to high level(after you've just unlocked him and have the mods for Blade Storm), his other skills are useless. Heck, I don't even need to revive teammates because Blade Storm can carry me through anything, so don't give me that bullS#&$ about Ash being the best medic.

Unless I am playing a very long survival or defense mission, then I really don't need anything else. 

This is a game. A form of entertainment. Why would you want to use other skills aside from Bladestorm? Because they are... I don't know... ENTERTAINING.

Again, the argument that has yet to be countered here is why is a nerf being called for because people can build Ash to have a strong Bladestorm through part of the game? Bladestorm, I might add, is only useful for damage up to 18 enemies on one tile (at max level), and has no CC at all. That is precisely what makes it unique... pure damage, no CC.

Why do the rest of us that think he is fine have to suffer because you don't know how to entertain yourself with a highly customizable game?

If you want a challenge, then play Ash with no mods but Teleport, Shuriken, and an unmodded Skana. Do it on Xini for kicks. 

This is a game. A form of entertainment. Why would you want to use other skills aside from Bladestorm? Because they are... I don't know... ENTERTAINING.

Again, the argument that has yet to be countered here is why is a nerf being called for because people can build Ash to have a strong Bladestorm through part of the game? Bladestorm, I might add, is only useful for damage up to 18 enemies on one tile (at max level), and has no CC at all. That is precisely what makes it unique... pure damage, no CC.

Why do the rest of us that think he is fine have to suffer because you don't know how to entertain yourself with a highly customizable game?

If you want a challenge, then play Ash with no mods but Teleport, Shuriken, and an unmodded Skana. Do it on Xini for kicks. 

Why don't I want to use other abilities other than Blade Storm? Because I am playing Ash, not Loki... and I am doing a damn good job at it. I am just pointing out the flaws that he has as a press 4 to win frame, yet it's people like you who only care about winning that disagrees with a well-deserved nerf. It's ironic really. I want to fix this frame as a whole so that all abilities are fun to use and absolutely necessary for certain situations. With Ash the way he is now, you really don't need anything else for the most part of the game.

Telling me to not use Blade Storm and rely on his other useless abilities because it takes away the fun is like telling a Nova player to go have fun by not slotting M. Prime. What would be the point of playing that frame anyway? Telling me to not use Blade Storm unless it's absolutely necessary, I guess I should go play with some trash frames like Excalibur instead which I would be able to spam his ult all day long and not really get anything done and then his other abilities might come handy because his 4 is S#&$ anyway. You see the problem here? Excalibur's ult doesn't do much but Ash's ult does everything. One needs all 4 abilities for different situations while the other one really needs only 1 for all situations.

Why don't I want to use other abilities other than Blade Storm? Because I am playing Ash, not Loki... and I am doing a damn good job at it. I am just pointing out the flaws that he has as a press 4 to win frame, yet it's people like you who only care about winning that disagrees with a well-deserved nerf. It's ironic really. I want to fix this frame as a whole so that all abilities are fun to use and absolutely necessary for certain situations. With Ash the way he is now, you really don't need anything else for the most part of the game.

Telling me to not use Blade Storm and rely on his other useless abilities because it takes away the fun is like telling a Nova player to go have fun by not slotting M. Prime. What would be the point of playing that frame anyway? Telling me to not use Blade Storm unless it's absolutely necessary, I guess I should go play with some trash frames like Excalibur instead which I would be able to spam his ult all day long and not really get anything done and then his other abilities might come handy because his 4 is S#&$ anyway. You see the problem here? Excalibur's ult doesn't do much but Ash's ult does everything. One needs all 4 abilities for different situations while the other one really needs only 1 for all situations.

You make a lot of assumptions. I don't care about winning. I care about having fun. If a skill is overpowered, I find it boring and never use it... I have never even touched Nova because I saw M Prime abused so much it just didn't seem entertaining (you can verify that by looking up my profile in game, by the way). I sold Rhino after getting him to 30, not because he was overpowered or underpowered... Never got that far in playing him to tell. I just thought he was just not fun for me. But hey, I only care about winning according to you.

Funny thing is that I occasionally use Bladestorm. Honestly, I use Teleport the most on Ash. Granted, I use Ash infrequently as it is, but I get annoyed by people that are constantly crying to nerf things instead of suggesting a logical way to rebalance while still making the ability scalable, or even buffing sub-par skills. But hey, great job on making a fool of yourself by assuming you know my motivations.

Now, regarding the rest of the silliness you began going on about, let me be clear: Warframe, as stated by Steve Sinclair, is all about customization. There is absolutely no reason you have to play Ash with Bladestorm, or Nova with M Prime. They have other usable abilities that people never talk about. The only thing bugging me is that, if I am the one that only cares about winning, then why do I have fun running Xini with only Teleport and Shuriken and a melee weapon, and you claim you refuse to play him without Bladestorm?

Oh, and if you think Excalibur's Radial Blind is not good, you may want to rethink that. Radial Blind stuns a field of enemies for a tremendous period of time, and leaves them all open for Finishers (from anyone, not just you). Yeah, that's weak, all right (sarcasm). Bladestorm may kill weak enemies, but when faced with level 50 Grineer with insane armour, I'll take Excalibur with Radial Blind over Ash with Bladestorm any day.

You make a lot of assumptions. I don't care about winning. I care about having fun. If a skill is overpowered, I find it boring and never use it... I have never even touched Nova because I saw M Prime abused so much it just didn't seem entertaining (you can verify that by looking up my profile in game, by the way). I sold Rhino after getting him to 30, not because he was overpowered or underpowered... Never got that far in playing him to tell. I just thought he was just not fun for me. But hey, I only care about winning according to you.

Funny thing is that I occasionally use Bladestorm. Honestly, I use Teleport the most on Ash. Granted, I use Ash infrequently as it is, but I get annoyed by people that are constantly crying to nerf things instead of suggesting a logical way to rebalance while still making the ability scalable, or even buffing sub-par skills. But hey, great job on making a fool of yourself by assuming you know my motivations.

Now, regarding the rest of the silliness you began going on about, let me be clear: Warframe, as stated by Steve Sinclair, is all about customization. There is absolutely no reason you have to play Ash with Bladestorm, or Nova with M Prime. They have other usable abilities that people never talk about. The only thing bugging me is that, if I am the one that only cares about winning, then why do I have fun running Xini with only Teleport and Shuriken and a melee weapon, and you claim you refuse to play him without Bladestorm?

Oh, and if you think Excalibur's Radial Blind is not good, you may want to rethink that. Radial Blind stuns a field of enemies for a tremendous period of time, and leaves them all open for Finishers (from anyone, not just you). Yeah, that's weak, all right (sarcasm). Bladestorm may kill weak enemies, but when faced with level 50 Grineer with insane armour, I'll take Excalibur with Radial Blind over Ash with Bladestorm any day.

If you don't care about winning, then why go against the idea of nerfing to make this frame more challenging to play? People don't deny that Blade Storm is OP, and it takes away the fun of playing the frame. So unless you really want to win, what's the matter with balancing Ash by making it less effective? It's so imbalance right now because I can easily get at least 30% damage with Blade Storm alone. I guess playing Nova without M. Prime is okay because her other abilities are unique. On the other hand, playing as Ash without Blade Storm is very similar to playing Loki because Blade Storm is the main difference between these 2. I might as well use Loki, which I don't. It's because I liked Ash that much that I am putting effort to this and continue to play him to this day. If you enjoy playing a handicapped Ash, then you would love playing as Loki.

Even if you do use Blade Storm on occassions, it's still a press 4 to win move. It can be used any time to get you out of a sticky situation, and that's my main problem with it. The massive buff to Blade Storm is too much and it takes away the fun of the frame that I enjoyed and ruined the frame for me and other true Ash fans(before he became good) who liked him how he was. We didn't care about winning. We loved Blade Storm before it turned into an OP rushing skill that can be used for pretty much anything. I loved it for it's originality. It's the coolest thing in Warframe for me. Turning it into an instant nuke is just lazy and boring, so I despise this change.

I never said Radial Blind isn't good. I am just saying Excalibur is just a rubbish frame overall. His other 3 abilities are kinda useless when compared to Radial Blind, but they do provide something that Radial Blind itself cannot give. There are times that each abilities can shine because none of them has everything, like Radial Blind does not provide mobility or damage. I said this a million times already, but Blade Storm can do things that his other abilites are there for, except for mobility from Teleport. It has damage and auto-targetting like Shuriken, survivability( due to the fast room cleaning capability)like Smoke Screen, and the range of Teleport.  And FYI, Blade Storm bypasses insane armour with its finisher damager. Not only does it do that, but it also staggers them until they are dead with repeated attacks. You would have fun dealing damage that their armor would tank after Radial Blind, not to mention putting yourself at risk when they start attacking back.

Edited by Duyet

Player control over an in game mechanic is never going to be 100% followed, because all ideas of what and how we should play are...player controlled.

I don't always have time, friends, clan mates, etc. to get together a trusted group to do high void defense missions. This means I will very often search for random groups to join in order to have some fun in the void. Generally I'm there testing out builds on various things.

I have found in my experience that most Ash players I play with (I'm also Ash lately) will spam Bladestorm. I even had one guy that felt it was the perfect way to play the game for him, considering he was busy doing other things, like spamming the chat in game.

For me, a Bladestorm spamming Ash is a game killer. That mechanic ruins the fun of pretty much anyone wanting to actually play the game. This idea, is nothing new of course. I've heard it repeated about other frames in the past (Nova, Hydroid, BirdFrame).

Expecting players to limit themselves is silly. I have no solution to this problem. I do have a suggestion that the ultimate powers be limited to spamming only in solo mode. Maybe there should be limits on how often or how many times an ultimate can be used in different game types.

For example, in defense missions, maybe destructive ultimates should only be usable once per round. That would give other players at least an option of assisting.

Clearly, I haven't thought this out. I'm merely giving my personal experience of how fun it is to have a snarky asinine player in the game with me, spam an ultimate that takes away the game play experience for the other players in the group. SURE, you could say: "just don't join pugs". But that's false thinking. It's impossible to only run solo or with people you know, for everyone. 

Well, when it stops scaling (which takes a while before this actually happens), then you pretty much are left with only Teleport and Smoke Screen for utilities. If you know that damaging abitities would be worthless in the mission you are playing, then might as well just bring Loki. His Decoy+ Switch Teleport might take a second longer to reach a target, but it works and you get to have more utilities. But when BS still does scale, then it is really all that you need. Unless I am playing a very long survival or defense mission, then I really don't need anything else. Blade Storm does all the work. It makes his other abilities obsolete until it no longer scales well into late games.

Is Ash a broken frame or what? You need to wait until the very late endgame to see that his other abilities might serve a purpose. During mid to high level(after you've just unlocked him and have the mods for Blade Storm), his other skills are useless. Heck, I don't even need to revive teammates because Blade Storm can carry me through anything, so don't give me that bullS#&$ about Ash being the best medic.

The other abilities serve a purpose, I've listed them out already, and just because you don't use those abilities doesn't mean that they don't serve a different niche. Smokescreen and Teleport are clearly not made to deal damage, Shuriken doesn't interrupt whatever you do, so don't give me that bullS#&$ about Bladestorm making Ash's other skills obsolete.

Player control over an in game mechanic is never going to be 100% followed, because all ideas of what and how we should play are...player controlled.

I don't always have time, friends, clan mates, etc. to get together a trusted group to do high void defense missions. This means I will very often search for random groups to join in order to have some fun in the void. Generally I'm there testing out builds on various things.

I have found in my experience that most Ash players I play with (I'm also Ash lately) will spam Bladestorm. I even had one guy that felt it was the perfect way to play the game for him, considering he was busy doing other things, like spamming the chat in game.

For me, a Bladestorm spamming Ash is a game killer. That mechanic ruins the fun of pretty much anyone wanting to actually play the game. This idea, is nothing new of course. I've heard it repeated about other frames in the past (Nova, Hydroid, BirdFrame).

Expecting players to limit themselves is silly. I have no solution to this problem. I do have a suggestion that the ultimate powers be limited to spamming only in solo mode. Maybe there should be limits on how often or how many times an ultimate can be used in different game types.

For example, in defense missions, maybe destructive ultimates should only be usable once per round. That would give other players at least an option of assisting.

Clearly, I haven't thought this out. I'm merely giving my personal experience of how fun it is to have a snarky asinine player in the game with me, spam an ultimate that takes away the game play experience for the other players in the group. SURE, you could say: "just don't join pugs". But that's false thinking. It's impossible to only run solo or with people you know, for everyone. 

Thank you for understanding. The ability in itself is already powerful enough to overcome most challenges in game. Being able to spam it over and over is just broken. It makes the game EZ mode like someone else said. Although I do use Blade Storm often when mobs appear, I don't use it all the time. I let the squad get some kills by using my guns and throw some shurikens in the mix for the lulz. I also have ran into quite a number of Ash's that rush ahead and spam Blade Storm at every opportunity they can. Like I ran up to the enemies and started meleeing, then they Blade Storm'd from way behind. The AoE ability to kill from far away and having with no drawbacks couples with the spammability nature of Warframe ability because of the high 75% efficiency cap, it not only ruins the fun for the user but also the teammates.

They really need to do something about this ability so that it doesn't do too much or at least reduce the efficiency cap. 25 energy per ult is way too spammable, considering that they do a lot of damage to the game.

The other abilities serve a purpose, I've listed them out already, and just because you don't use those abilities doesn't mean that they don't serve a different niche. Smokescreen and Teleport are clearly not made to deal damage, Shuriken doesn't interrupt whatever you do, so don't give me that bullS#&$ about Bladestorm making Ash's other skills obsolete.

You clearly didn't read my replies or my original post saying that using Blade Storm can be used to achieve the same goals as when you use other abilities. I cannot debate with someone that doesn't even bother to understand what the other side has to say.

Edited by Duyet

If you don't care about winning, then why go against the idea of nerfing to make this frame more challenging to play? 

This is all I will respond to, because it is all that really concerns me, in this regard.

Why am I against the idea of nerfing what you see as an overpowered ability? I'll give you two choices, and you can pick whichever one suits your view better, and let that be the end of it.

I am of the opinion that if I want a challenge in a game like this, I can do so by handicapping myself. However, nerfing an ability for everyone would seem to me like I am forcing my idea of handicapping to everyone else. I am really against people forcing ideas on others, so that would be an atrocious move to me.

I am simply debating with you because I find it entertaining. I knew I could spur you into in by simply disagreeing with your view, as you have clearly demonstrated a passion for this topic. Since I am really doing it for my own entertainment, I am really apathetic to the actual topic, and either way Warframe will still be Warframe.

Again, you pick the one you like better, and we'll leave it at that.