Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Permanent Story Missions On Navigation

RahuHordika

Yes, by now lore is one of the most oversaturated topics but here I am to talk about an aspect I feel needs to be looked at mostly not for the lack of what we haven't been given but what we have.

To be clearer I am refering to DE's tendency to leave chunks and bit sof lore exclusive to events and special alerts and leave them locked behind an unreachable time-wall in the past. I think the best example I can give you is Darvo, U14 introduced us to him and while I do not doubt we will see him again we really don't see any of him beyond a few moments in the prologue.

You may be thinking "But we know of him, remember those alerts in the past?" Exactly, that's where I am getting at, we know of him and we know these story details relevant to his character but it all remains exclusive to a few alerts that remain buried in the past, with info unobtainable to new players as they progress through the game. Event aren't any less guilty, for they worked also as introductions to major characters and shifts in the course of the storyline (such as the story of Alad V, the Zanuka project, exile and afterwards; or Frohd Bek) and what little of them what we have remains in a simple codex diorama that essentially explains us nothing about the subject.

We know there is a sense of a succession of story events as the player progresses (such as Vor->Void Vor) however much of it has been left behind in something that is no longer available. So here's what I have to say about it:

I believe that at some point DE intended to add replayable story missions as nodes to the (former) starchart, I am not sure if it has been replaced by the quest system or it just hasn't been implemented but in either case I'd like to remind the devs about this idea, mostly because it could be used to give a much more clear sense of story progression to the players while also keeping some important details about story events and character available to everyone.

Think of it from the point of a new player, who progresses through the nodes and planets, and as they do so they unlock these story nodes in the main path (maybe even some side ones) that lets them know of what is happening in the solar system, the characters and who they are (why do I want to kill/help this guy?) and gives a better sense of progress through the storyline.

Why hasn't this been thought of before? I would love to see this stuff in the game, good idea! A lot of the stuff is implied, at the moment. Like, maybe we don't see Darvo because he's sending us weapons? I see your point, though, we need to know what's happening around the system.

Why hasn't this been thought of before? I would love to see this stuff in the game, good idea! A lot of the stuff is implied, at the moment. Like, maybe we don't see Darvo because he's sending us weapons? I see your point, though, we need to know what's happening around the system.

It has been thought of before and DE said they are planning to do something about it. The problem is when/if it will be implemented. 

DE has said there will obviously be more quests. Also for those quests to be re-playable with a harder difficulty option. 

They also have said they want passed alerts to be re-playable as some had unique lore and were only available for a few days  e.g. Darvo and stalker, Darvo and Frohd Bek, Alad Vs suspicious shipments. This has been said on a past live stream.

DE would like event missions to also be re-playable as these sometime offer unique and different missions but also special dialogue options that will never get reused otherwise.  

All of these could be implemented together in one place. However we do not know when/if this is going to happen.