Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Needs An Upgrade

QuasarDecimari

Either the Stalker is getting a tad old, or his tricks are just too simple to figure out. I think Mr. Stalker needs some new AI improvement. I've seen people take him down in mere seconds using the right strategy. He needs to be killable, but strategically. I love seeing the lights flicker on my screen as he taunts me, it gets my heart rate going, but it's totally ruined when some MR8 party member comes along and nukes him.

Does anyone else think the the Stalker needs an AI improvement, as well as maybe some tricks and harder ways to kill? He is a tenno after all... Just evil.

He's actually gotten several stealth buffs to his AI with each Update. There was once a time when I can solo melee the sucker while he tried to smack me with his Hate only for me to soak up the damage while I killed him. Now he's capable of using Slash Dash to get away from my melee and then do an Absorb.

He also seems to have a much higher chance of delaying his spawn if the target has their friends nearby.

Edited by LGear

He's actually gotten several stealth buffs to his AI with each Update. There was once a time when I can solo melee the sucker while he tried to smack me with his Hate only for me to soak up the damage while I killed him. Now he's capable of using Slash Dash to get away from my melee and then do an Absorb.

He also seems to have a much higher chance of delaying his spawn if the target has their friends nearby.

He generally doesn't bug me while I'm soloing. I thought he only showed up in pods? Also, I realize he gets in and gets out, but honestly it'd be cool to actually put up a fight against this guy.

Either he needs a buff or OP weapons need a nerf.

But the most reasonable (probably) way to stop players from one-hitting Stalker is to add a damage limit. For example, with one shot, you can only do 100 damage to him (max).

That, and possibly a chance to parry and deflect damage with his mele.

It would be great if most bosses/special enemies (i.e. stalker) in the game were balanced in such a way that even with the highest possible DPS they would still take a bit to kill.  I suppose that's a larger problem that the immediate one of "stalker is too easy to kill," but it may need to be solved before that problem can be tackled.  Hopefully in a way that does not involve enemy invincibility, because who wants to just wait around while an enemy goes through an invincibility wall?

Stalker need a massive AI buff...

currently, he spawns RIGHT in front of you... basically tell his enemies to kill him fast.

Stalker should spawn a few room away from target, & snipe the target, if spotted he should switch teleport with some other tenno or smoke screen.

He should have the ability to force-lock down, preventing his prey from running to extraction or away.

His Dread' projectile should be hit-scan with reduced damage.

Melee-guard when irritated by non-target, which he then make an escape or hide in the shadows.

He should have loki' invisibility, but disable after attacking or attacked.

He should know the where about of his target.

AND the ability to cast Chaos... which will be his Crowd Control moves for multiple tennos (causing players to see each other as stalker & friendly-fire temporary enable for that duration)

Edited by low1991

currently, he spawns RIGHT in front of you... basically tell his enemies to kill him fast.

Stalker should spawn a few room away from target, & snipe the target, if spotted he should switch teleport with some other tenno or smoke screen.

He should have the ability to force-lock down, preventing his prey from running to extraction or away.

Melee-guard when irritated by non-target, which he then make an escape or hide in the shadows.

AND the ability to cast Chaos... which will be his Crowd Control moves for multiple tennos (causing players to see each other as stalker & friendly-fire temporary enable for that duration)

He should be able to proc Radiation.

Then I could help him.

Well now that absorb doesn't have a exact timer maybe he'll just pop one and then insta-bomb you knocking you down. Then headshot you with maxed out formad Dread? Or perhaps he'll just pick up invisibility or slap on his own pair or arch wings and nuke the whole damn ship from the outside? Next thing you know your head is worn as a stalker-slipper and everytime you dare to go on a mission alone lights will flicker... but stalker might just be there or not...keeping you all hyped up and nervy. Just when you relax though he drops a bladestorm and 1 shots you.

Might just happen :P

the last part would be pretty sweet.

stalker is instakill-or-get-instakilled right now, no strategy involved whatsoever

and all enemies need AI-improvements unfortunately

This, it is just so lame fighting against him because it's  just instagib vs instagib.  What they need to do is buff his defense but greatly nerf his damage output so that you can actually have fun and challenging fights with him instead of "will you hit him enough times with your boltor prime before he one shots you?"

- stalker gets smarter: Only attacks when you are alone with low gears

- stalker gets ability upgrade: "Molecular Stomp of Blade storm" you float in stasis and primed. while stalker teleports endlessly while punching holes.

pls d.e. lol!! 

kidding aside, he needs to have more hp pool and retreats, have some epic comeback 

i think how the stalker onyl attacks the target is an easy way to kill him when your in a team

target just runs away and others do the atk

Edited by Ritchel

kidding aside, he needs to have more hp pool and retreats, have some epic comeback 

i think how the stalker onyl attacks the target is an easy way to kill him when your in a team

target just runs away and others do the atk

artificial difficulty i see.

He should be able to proc Radiation.

Then I could help him.

What good does it do against tennos (players, whom control warframe?)

proc radiation = shield reduced only.

the chaos effect is only applied to PVE.

Edit:

@

(PS4)IIIDevoidIII

DE should only choose 1:

-artificial difficulty with lowered damage?

which only killable by high-geared now

-massive AI buff, my post above.

An AI which follows a list of commands.

Edited by low1991