Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 14 Test "is My Hardest Test Yet"

Kamikiri

I got exited when the Lotus claimed it would be the most challenging test yet.

And the I got greeted by a total of 30 enemies across three waves, all level 15...

It was a snoozefest!

There was no pressure to finish it quickly as there was no timer or dissapearing floor.

Getting to the 14th mastery rank test requires the player to go through more than half of the current weapons in the game + nearly all of the frames and their primes, which takes a lot of time and allows for many oppurtunities to get really strong mods along the way, to expect level 15 enemies to pose any kind of a threat to such a player is laughable.

I feel like past a certain point, the mastery tests should not be about killing anything unless there is a very specific gimmic to it, and there are a bunch of good one's already, the stealth mission, the lazer carousel and the dissapearing platforms are all splendid.

I'm writing this out of dissapointment and hope that the actual challenge of mastery tests will get redone for certain higher ranked missions.

I do believe she was speaking in the terms of relativity?

Nowadays the tests are only to be failed usually out of stupid things:

1. You have no idea what the test is about so you can't prepare

2. Bugs/crashes

3. Sticky mechanics and whatnot (trying to wall run and all of the sudden you are flying all over the place)

So is 17.

And 16, for that matter.

The only tests that gave me trouble were the parcours ones, because even though it apparently is a major feature of the game, advanced parcours is buggy as hell (unless being able to jump through walls is a Tenno power that I just do not know how to activate realiably, it would help in some bugged missions if I figured out how to do it on demand...).

Maybe DE should consider spawning Stalker, G3, Zanuka and Corrupted Vor, all level 60 into the Mastery Rank 14 test. And also change the test to timed Parkour with dudes nipping at your heels instead of exterminate?

Will that satisfy you guys?

So because "we guys" want tests of mastery to actually be a challenge of skill, that opens the floodgates to mock "us" for the mere notion of it?

I only speak for myself here thank you very much, if people want to agree or disagree that is up to them, but they should keep the snide commentary to themselves.

I do believe she was speaking in the terms of relativity?

Nowadays the tests are only to be failed usually out of stupid things:

1. You have no idea what the test is about so you can't prepare

2. Bugs/crashes

3. Sticky mechanics and whatnot (trying to wall run and all of the sudden you are flying all over the place)

Well, even in relativity, this is easier than the previous extermination mastery mission as that one had a timer, so it required the players attention to not fail.

The enemies may be at a slightly higher level, but that doesn't change that they can still die from a single bullet from some unmodded weapons.

Edited by Kamikiri