The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rifle Multishot Probably Should Be 17.5% A Level (Versus 15%)

MJ12

Single-shot weapons like the Paris, Snipetron, and so on, have a strange relationship with Multishot. Because they tend to get 1 or 2-hit kills on enemies, outside of boss fighting/etc multishot is generally most useful at either 100% (guaranteed double-shots) or bust.

Thus, I suggest increasing the rifle multishot mod's bonuses by 2.5% a level to 17.5%. This means they'd cap out at 105% instead of 90%, providing a guaranteed double-shot for weapons like the Snipetron and Paris, which helps them compete with sniper-pistols like the Lex, which can get guaranteed double-shots (as their multishot is 20% a level).

• Like 1

While I certainly agree with you I think the reason they're taking the slow approach on rifles is Vandal/Gorgon.  Multishot is extremely strong for both of these weapons to the point that previously they were better than everything else in the game by a long shot.  This is one of those circumstances that I wish there was a way that they could scale it to be 100% for all single shot weapons and less for rapid fire (I didn't particularly have a problem with it when it was at 60% given the nature of full auto rifles, accuracy and clip sizes versus pistol counterpart).

While I certainly agree with you I think the reason they're taking the slow approach on rifles is Vandal/Gorgon.  Multishot is extremely strong for both of these weapons to the point that previously they were better than everything else in the game by a long shot.  This is one of those circumstances that I wish there was a way that they could scale it to be 100% for all single shot weapons and less for rapid fire (I didn't particularly have a problem with it when it was at 60% given the nature of full auto rifles, accuracy and clip sizes versus pistol counterpart).

It really isn't. 100% multishot would double the DPS, and rifle damage mods are actually significantly weaker than pistol ones (165% damage max instead of 220%). The Braton Vandal deals 250 dps, but something like say, the Viper deals 307.2 DPS.

The Gorgon got nerfed yet again, shotguns got a significant buff, and it still has its inaccuracy and spinup times which make it difficult to use for anything except boss-slaying.

That is a true point but again its kinda the kick

Right now those 2 might been on par with their pistol match but atm it seems lex still is winning the single shot accurate race

It really isn't. 100% multishot would double the DPS, and rifle damage mods are actually significantly weaker than pistol ones (165% damage max instead of 220%). The Braton Vandal deals 250 dps, but something like say, the Viper deals 307.2 DPS.

The Gorgon got nerfed yet again, shotguns got a significant buff, and it still has its inaccuracy and spinup times which make it difficult to use for anything except boss-slaying.

The Viper may have higher dps, but it also has 1/3 the clip size... which is my point... while the dps numbers might be slightly lower the increased accuracy and/or clip size easily push the rifles up.

Shotguns is a whole other story, they need a massive balance push period due to how powerful they can become at virtually any range.

That is a true point but again its kinda the kick

Right now those 2 might been on par with their pistol match but atm it seems lex still is winning the single shot accurate race

Exactly the problem the way I see it... the fully automatic rifles tend to hold their own due to clip sizes and/or accuracy, but the single shots just aren't really there.  I'm not sure what a good solution for that issue would be at this point, but if they can work it to get to exactly 100% (so fully auto don't have a chance for 3 shots) I imagine that would be a good enough solution.

The Viper may have higher dps, but it also has 1/3 the clip size... which is my point... while the dps numbers might be slightly lower the increased accuracy and/or clip size easily push the rifles up.

The Viper has 1/3rd the mag size but also reloads about 3 times as fast. And you have the Furis/Afuris, which has similar higher-than-Braton DPS. Automatic rifles only have massively superior DPS compared to semi-automatic weapons, which have lower DPS by default (compare the Latron to say, the Lato's DPS).

Gorgon is a very accurate gun out of all that I have ever used ingame. Tap fire makes it extremely potent mid-long range gun while holding down the fire makes it a deadly close-mid range weapon. The idea of the gun is to fit into all ranges without giving too much leeway (thus the windup time).

Edited by matrixEXO

The Viper has 1/3rd the mag size but also reloads about 3 times as fast. And you have the Furis/Afuris, which has similar higher-than-Braton DPS. Automatic rifles only have massively superior DPS compared to semi-automatic weapons, which have lower DPS by default (compare the Latron to say, the Lato's DPS).

Maybe you fight close-medium range rather than medium-long range? Otherwise I'm not sure how you effectively use weapons that spit bullets everywhere.  I can't stand using weapons that have awful accuracy which is why I chose the Braton Vandal over the Gorgon, and the pistols make the Gorgon look accurate.

Edited by plznohurtme

+1, i still have no idea why pistol mods are so godlike when theyre supposedly just secondary weapons

Probably because the balance was made under the assumption that pistols actually are weaker, sidearm weapons that may receive stronger mods and still be weaker or at level with primary weapons. It's just unfortunate that this isn't the case.