Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Balanced - The Final Gate

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

Theres a little arrow on the top right of eah post you quote

Click it and go back

That should be easy enough for you right?

Youre derailing your own thread btw

So you have nothing.  You can't go back and list them because there are no valid points that have not been address.  Nice red herring fallacy though.

So you have nothing.  You can't go back and list them because there are no valid points that have not been address.  Nice red herring fallacy though.

You are just throwing out wild claims and not backing up any of them.  When I refute the ones you do, you just cry that those don't count..

Id like to point out the extreme irony here by the way

I think Trinity is the only Warframe in the game that is almost completely balanced as she is.  She holds up very well in high level content, but she is also not overwhelmingly strong in low level content.  All of her skills except for one are very, very useful and I use them all on her builds.  The one skill that is lacking is Well of Life.  I think it could use one small change that would make the  skill a literal life-saver.

If you target a bleeding out Tenno with Well of Life, it will instantly revive them.

I think this perfectly fits her role as a support healer frame.  It needs to be targeted, you need line-of-sight, and it has a limited range so it would not be OP. It would be invaluable in high level content because too often you can end up going down while trying to get someone else up. 

This is the perfect solution. It is highly useful at all levels, is not OP, and it would leave Trinity as the first frame that is perfectly balanced in all aspects.

If DE made WOL function like EV does now it would be infinity more useful. I don't know why that hasn't been done already. No need to make sure your team bothers to shoos the target, no need to use blessing and waste energy because someone has taken a few hits. Plus it would synergise with the reactive nature of blessing and be a good counter to prevent things getting that bad. Blessing would be a nice "oh S#&$" button, rather then her predominately used healing skill. People will obviously still spam blessing though and exploit the old QT self dmg trick. But for those of us that would rather not WOL would be endlessly better.

The idea of instant revive, no matter the cons to it, just seems like a bad idea IMO. It would cause trinity players to just spam revive to any tank that goes down, with no risk really. Revives should pose a sense of risk, or else it just becomes too easy. Perhaps it should reduce the revive timer, or be able to revive at a range as long as your are standing still while casting it (stuck there casting it in a reduced revive animation)

Perhaps if it revives the player with full shield but only say, 30% health? 

It would really stop being OP and cheap at the higher levels when you get torn to shreds in seconds, but would give a quick window of opportunity with a fair amount of risk.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Perhaps if it revives the player with full shield but only say, 30% health? 

It would really stop being OP and cheap at the higher levels when you get torn to shreds in seconds, but would give a quick window of opportunity with a fair amount of risk.

Revive and cast Blessing for an easy 70% DR?

I haven't been to T4 with a Trinity in my group that often so I don't know how meaningful the 70% DR would be at T4 past 20 minutes but that's the first thing came to my mind when I saw people's suggestion to lower the health via WoL revive. 

I haven't been to T4 with a Trinity in my group that often so I don't know how meaningful the 70% DR would be at T4 past 20 minutes but that's the first thing came to my mind when I saw people's suggestion to lower the health via WoL revive. 

I was thinking this same thing

It wouldnt work out

To those saying the current iteration of WoL is useless, it's not. It has an extremely niche role that most of us don't even bother to explore for very good reasons. It's there to instakill any one target that doesn't have ridiculous armour at the cost of your skills' efficiency and viability.

As for the current suggestion, it mitigates risks of a revival to such a degree that I think it shouldn't be implemented. Saying that it has risks is like saying you'll be downed using Invisibility and Radial Blind. There are obviously risks to all abilities including these, which is the cast time. But even with this cast time, is Radial Blind balanced? I'll let you be the judge.

Edited by CapedBaldy

To be honest they made Trinity have three useless abilities in my opinion. The reason why I said this is because Trinity having a long power duration makes Blessing (her ultimate) garbage. The longer power duration, the longer you have to wait until you can cast Blessing again. This makes her useless in high level team missions. And if power duration is shortened, Blessing can be cast every second with maxed Fleeting Expertise, an unranked Blessing, and maxed Natural Talent for faster casting. However, this will make her three other abilities useless since they rely on duration. Therefore, Trinity needs three new abilities that do not require duration, or change her back to God Mode Trinity with Blessing being the best support ability in the game. Or just change Trinity's ultimate to being instant heal without duration affecting it, so her other abilities won't be destroyed in the process.

Please and Thank You =)

P.S. I like the suggestion about changing Well of Life to an ability that revives team members in bleedout.   

Edited by SirDavid

To be honest they made Trinity have three useless abilities in my opinion. The reason why I said this is because Trinity having a long power duration makes Blessing (her ultimate) garbage. The longer power duration, the longer you have to wait until you can cast Blessing again. This makes her useless in high level team missions. Whereas, if power duration is shortened, Blessing can be cast every second with maxed Fleeting Expertise, an unranked Blessing, and maxed Natural Talent for faster casting. However, this will make her three other abilities useless since they rely on duration. Therefore, Trinity needs three new abilities that do not require duration, or change her back to God Mode Trinity with Blessing being the best support ability in the game. Please and Thank You =)

P.S. I like the suggestion about changing Well of Life to an ability that revives team members in bleedout.   

An hour into T 4 survival fueling a nova says otherwise

To be honest they made Trinity have three useless abilities in my opinion. The reason why I said this is because Trinity having a long power duration makes Blessing (her ultimate) garbage. The longer power duration, the longer you have to wait until you can cast Blessing again. This makes her useless in high level team missions. Whereas, if power duration is shortened, Blessing can be cast every second with maxed Fleeting Expertise, an unranked Blessing, and maxed Natural Talent for faster casting. However, this will make her three other abilities useless since they rely on duration. Therefore, Trinity needs three new abilities that do not require duration, or change her back to God Mode Trinity with Blessing being the best support ability in the game. Please and Thank You =)

I dunno, it depends on how you build it...

If you build for short duration + maximum efficiency, you can get the most out of spamming blessing for health. As far as EV goes, it's possibly better because you don't have to stick around the enemy you casted on it for very long to get the maximum energy you can out of it (though killing the enemy makes duration not essential on either side at all, since it gives you the remaining energy). And well of life you can cast on an enemy near a friendly, and it'll pulse out rapidly. I don't fully understand all the mechanics behind it, but I have a long duration build for Tanky builds, and a short one for spamming blessing and EV. I can also spam EV on my long duration build, kill the enemy, and im pretty sure I get the same amount of energy.

Trinity is still one of my favorite frames, and I've build almost every one now, I think she is still useful

So technically, I don't think they do require duration at all as long as you kill the enemy, but I'll have to look into it more...

Edited by SgtFlex

I think Trinity is the only Warframe in the game that is almost completely balanced as she is.  She holds up very well in high level content, but she is also not overwhelmingly strong in low level content.  All of her skills except for one are very, very useful and I use them all on her builds.  The one skill that is lacking is Well of Life.  I think it could use one small change that would make the  skill a literal life-saver.

If you target a bleeding out Tenno with Well of Life, it will instantly revive them.

I think this perfectly fits her role as a support healer frame.  It needs to be targeted, you need line-of-sight, and it has a limited range so it would not be OP. It would be invaluable in high level content because too often you can end up going down while trying to get someone else up. 

This is the perfect solution. It is highly useful at all levels, is not OP, and it would leave Trinity as the first frame that is perfectly balanced in all aspects.

If your team mates are not utterly useless and if you are a trinity who watches the side-bar. You can constantly bless. I'm just saiyan.

To be honest they made Trinity have three useless abilities in my opinion. The reason why I said this is because Trinity having a long power duration makes Blessing (her ultimate) garbage. The longer power duration, the longer you have to wait until you can cast Blessing again. This makes her useless in high level team missions. And if power duration is shortened, Blessing can be cast every second with maxed Fleeting Expertise, an unranked Blessing, and maxed Natural Talent for faster casting. However, this will make her three other abilities useless since they rely on duration. Therefore, Trinity needs three new abilities that do not require duration, or change her back to God Mode Trinity with Blessing being the best support ability in the game. Or just change Trinity's ultimate to being instant heal without duration affecting it, so her other abilities won't be destroyed in the process.

Please and Thank You =)

^this. completely agree.

Your blessing and revive would need to be in sync and you can more easily get 99% plus damage reduction on your own.  It makes builds more Trinity more dynamic in the way she is built and played.  There isn't just one best build.

I remember hearing in one of the dev streams that they only balance for game play under level 40 enemies.  It sounds like most of the discussion here is about enemies above level 60.

Thats alot of the case

Trinity is fairly broken for enemies under 40

Shes my second favorite frame but i think shes got too much going for her

Thats alot of the case

Trinity is fairly broken for enemies under 40

Shes my second favorite frame but i think shes got too much going for her

She is weak as hell against low level enemies. Link is only really worth using against higher levels. Same with DR builds. At those levels you are better off just using the OP frames like Rhino or Loki.

She is weak as hell against low level enemies. Link is only really worth using against higher levels. Same with DR builds. At those levels you are better off just using the OP frames like Rhino or Loki.

At least with Trinity's blessing you get a %DR which works at all levels, unlike iron skin which is just a flat number. Technically Trinity's skills scale better than most frames into higher levels

I don't necessarily get what you mean by "weak" either, considering she isn't meant to deal damage, but rather support friendlies

At least with Trinity's blessing you get a %DR which works at all levels, unlike iron skin which is just a flat number. Technically Trinity's skills scale better than most frames into higher levels

I don't necessarily get what you mean by "weak" either, considering she isn't meant to deal damage, but rather support friendlies

It (DR Blessing + link build) is a waste of energy at low levels because you can merc them, just using guns, before they get through your shields.  A Rhino can just stomp and kill everything in the room and surrounding rooms. 

Define weak and low level

If you mean cant die ever just like most frames and still rapes with a gun then i do agree she is very weak