Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Balanced - The Final Gate

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

She's not meant to be a damage dealer though, she's simply a support. I don't fully understand what you mean by "weak" either, because I can certainly take her into 45 and below with no problem. Sure she can't kill everything like Rhino can with his stomp in 1 hit against ultra-weak enemies, but what's your point? She isn't meant to kill everything, or anything at all for that matter, she's there to keep herself and others alive, but to a certain extent of balance

I don't want Trinity to gain some sort of High AOE damage ability because she's certainly not meant for one...

And she's not broken either, but she can do low levels with the easiest amount of effort without risk of going down with DR builds.

Edited by SgtFlex

Yep, she can only use her guns, while Frames like Rhino can clear entire rooms, even multiple rooms, with a single skill usage.  She is under-powered in low levels. So she is not "broken" for low level enemies, as you claimed.

And how does that matter?

if its not a scaling mission theres a good chance you dont need it

Most missions people can just copter troll through anyways

The only difference is trinity is a bit slower

Shes useful on hijack more than most frames

Theres also M defense that maybe shes underpowered in other than standing on the objective and taking most of the aggro away from it but thats just me

If you have a point its lost in the easy mode that we call start chart

Trinity may e an end game frame but she is in no way underpowered in low tier missions, just a bit slower

She's not meant to be a damage dealer though, she's simply a support. I don't fully understand what you mean by "weak" either, because I can certainly take her into 45 and below with no problem. Sure she can't kill everything like Rhino can with his stomp in 1 hit against ultra-weak enemies, but what's your point? She isn't meant to kill everything, or anything at all for that matter, she's there to keep herself and others alive, but to a certain extent of balance

I don't want Trinity to gain some sort of High AOE damage ability because she's certainly not meant for one...

And she's not broken either, but she can do low levels with the easiest amount of effort without risk of going down with DR builds.

Read the post I was quoting.

Read the post I was quoting.

I noticed, I meant to state that I wasn't specifically siding with anyone and meant to quote him. While I do agree that she is fine as she is, I don't like the term being "Broken" thrown around because it just causes issues, everything else was stated towards you though.

Edited by SgtFlex

I noticed, I meant to state that I wasn't specifically siding with anyone and meant to quote him. While I do agree that she is fine as she is, I don't like the term being "Broken" thrown around because it just causes issues, everything else was stated towards you though.

I wasn't saying that she wasn't worth using at low levels.  I was saying that he was wrong, and she is not broken at low levels.  At low levels she stands out less than the direct damage frames that can wipe out mass groups in little to no time with a single skill usage. She starts to stand out at higher levels.

I wasn't saying that she wasn't worth using at low levels.  I was saying that he was wrong, and she is not broken at low levels.  At low levels she stands out less than the direct damage frames that can wipe out mass groups in little to no time with a single skill usage. She starts to stand out at higher levels.

There arent many situations where this is needed or relatively helpful aside from speed

Its like calling nyx or vauban or valkyr weak on low levels

Edited by Azawarau

Your blessing and revive would need to be in sync and you can more easily get 99% plus damage reduction on your own.  It makes builds more Trinity more dynamic in the way she is built and played.  There isn't just one best build.

I'm not against WoL being changed to something more useful but insta-revive seems...over-reaching, especially considering that it's her first power. If Trinity MUST have an insta-revive I'd rather make it a Blessing's target ability: either insta-revive a teammate or an insta-heal & DR for all teammates. Can't have both at the same time.

Since you've mentioned Borderlands, let me put it this way: giving WoL res would be like a better version of Phaselock (think of Neogenator + Vitality relic Nurse Maya's Elated period) without any discernible cooldown and/or risk to Trinity. I'd rather have WoL act more like Sweet Release, like when the target marked with WoL dies it gives off a large, one-time healing pulse--skill-wise it still has the same role of prioritizing a certain target but without the hassle of having to keep it alive to see any effect. 

I have no clue what the OP is talking about since I'm a Trinity user with a conclave well over 1500+. She's not balanced at all, not in PvP and not in PvE. PvP makes it much more obvious since Link can kill any other Warframe. An ash with bladestorm attacking a trinity with link on? Boom, dead. An absorb bubble activating on a link Trinity, boom dead Nyx. If you're near three players when that happens, even better, everybody linked dies.

I did Dark Sector and destroyed a team of three players as a defender just using one trinity alone. The only solution to trinity in PvP is another Trinity player.

As for PvE, the blessing is God mode. It's just much more harder to achieve God mode and takes more micro management.

Edited by ivlr3vil

I have no clue what the OP is talking about since I'm a Trinity user with a conclave well over 1500+. She's not balanced at all, not in PvP and not in PvE. PvP makes it much more obvious since Link can kill any other Warframe. An ash with bladestorm attacking a trinity with link on? Boom, dead. An absorb bubble activating on a link Trinity, boom dead Nyx. If you're near three players when that happens, even better, everybody linked dies.

I did Dark Sector and destroyed a team of three players as a defender just using one trinity alone. The only solution to trinity in PvP is another Trinity player.

As for PvE, the blessing is God mode. It's just much more harder to achieve God mode and takes more micro management.

I am not talking about PvP since I don't play it.  She is balanced in PvE.

Yep, she can only use her guns, while Frames like Rhino can clear entire rooms, even multiple rooms, with a single skill usage.  She is under-powered in low levels. 

That's awful logic.

Just because someone can't clear multiple rooms with XX energy cost does not make them underpowered. If anything it makes the people who can overpowered... excepting that you're referring to low level content where enemies die when you aggressively sneeze at them. If you limit it to the first two or three planets, then even Oberon was a king.

Meanwhile you get past a certain level and skills like Fireball will do virtually zero damage, because their output is fixed, costly and slow. Focus on high level content, where there's an actual challenge to balance around.

Back on topic, I already stated I have no problem with Well of Life having some applications with reviving allies - high-output missions like Suspicious Shipments have already shown that reactive mitigation alone isn't up to snuff - but an instantaneous full-health revival that you can point-and-shoot at an ally without even slowing down is just too strong (otherwise, why even have a revival system/health pools/Blessing in the first place? It's only 25 energy for a full-heal...).

Allowing an ally to fight for their own health (draining from Well'd targets even when downed) is actually doable, since it carries its own risk and reward: if they drain very little then only you can keep enemies from killing them over and over again (remember Renewal's release? You could get up whenever you wanted, but the Scorchers kept you down), but you can pair it with Blessing for greater output if your timing is impeccable.