Vortex Is Now Affected By Power Range Now...right?

(PSN)Joshuaalt

Question

20 answers to this question

My 14.5 build is now http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Vauban/t_30_13304020443_1-9-10-2-8-10-4-2-5-5-3-5-7-7-5-8-10-5-13-1-3-14-6-5-46-5-5-49-4-10-123-0-3_123-7-13-7-4-5-5-9-49-8-46-11-14-5-7-9-2-6-1-7-8-14_56/en/1-0-20/824/, interchanging Flow+Streamline for R4 FE + R4 Streamline, depending on if its Defense or Survival, etc.

Edited by Darzk

Yeah, 'cause Vortex really needed 70% more range.

On the other hand, I have to use OE now, which is a giant F You to Bastille. So my Vauban is back to a one trick Vortex pony for Infested. :S

I haven't tested it. Did you noticed a huge difference with a normal vortex and a max range vortex?

Hmm. I haven't used Vauban since the update. I currently run a R7 NM on him, so the impact of the change doesn't hit him too hard. Bastille also rests in a nice sweet spot with that range as well, allowing me to lay 2-3 in an area around myself or close to doorways so that enemies aren't hanging too far away for me and my team to shoot. Maybe I'll see how adding a Stretch affects the range of both abilities.

Excuse me? Those people do that voluntarily, they are not paid for it. Show some respect for the work they do for US.

for the US?

i think it's only for warframe

also when you volunteer for something, do you sit there and wait an hour until you start volunteering?

didnt touch vauban after 14.5 yet if you put max narrow minded and no any range mod what will happen to my vortex ?

I still have narrowminded on mine because I didn't read the patch notes.  Honestly, I can't tell the difference, it still protects the pod just fine.

I still have narrowminded on mine because I didn't read the patch notes.  Honestly, I can't tell the difference, it still protects the pod just fine.

Before, you could drop the Vortex far enough away from the pod to have it not get hit by toxin ancients' AoE, but close enough to grab enemies off the pod. Now, you need some range mods, without them (and with NM) the enemy basically has to run over the vortex to get sucked in. Most of the time pathing will allow you to place it so there's no difference, but I definitely noticed on a single-vortex defense setup.