Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If A Cephalon Was Installed In A Corpus Proxy?

arch111

I read that Cephalon means the head of an insect or trilobyte, wich make sense for an onboard computer operating system.

But what would happen if that cephalon was given the freedom of a body of it's own?

Would we get robotic npc/allies, or a lethal new robotic faction made up of liberated AI:s?

Or are Corpus simply keeping the cephalon drive dormant in their robots, in order to enslave them?

If this was an RPG, I would love this for a sidekick. But in warframe, what would we get instead?

----------

Ordis, and presumable other Orokin ship Cephalons, were Orokin created AI; complete artificial intelligence. Corpus proxies are not true AI. At best they could be refered to a VI, or virtual intelligence; governed by a strict core program which includes reactions to several difference inputs. They certainly don't seem self-aware or able to learn. They simply perform their function when turned on and adapt to their situation as governed my their program. Ordis, however, is aware of himself and an individual and aware of his 'self' as seen in many of his lines. He likely would not be compatible with the limited circuitry, programming, and mechanical design of Corpus proxies. It would be interesting to see old Orokin proxies which could house a Cephalon AI, perhaps creating a new faction or companion class. 

Ordis, and presumable other Orokin ship Cephalons, were Orokin created AI; complete artificial intelligence. Corpus proxies are not true AI. At best they could be refered to a VI, or virtual intelligence; governed by a strict core program which includes reactions to several difference inputs. They certainly don't seem self-aware or able to learn. They simply perform their function when turned on and adapt to their situation as governed my their program. Ordis, however, is aware of himself and an individual and aware of his 'self' as seen in many of his lines. He likely would not be compatible with the limited circuitry, programming, and mechanical design of Corpus proxies. It would be interesting to see old Orokin proxies which could house a Cephalon AI, perhaps creating a new faction or companion class. 

Why...

Alright, let's just say that Ordis' body adapts to the weapon of choice. A self-aware rifle is basically the beginning of Terminator. (Ordis-Net) I just want to be happy as my ears bleed of his constant annoyance.

I am not saying Ordis. I am assuming Cephalon is a parent-name for advanced AI:s.

Like Darvo said.

1) Corpus use a device to keep their robots in line. Hmmm.

2) He tells us to buy a new Cephalon, if we can afford it. This mean they are still in production, or at least in stock.

And if Lotus is an AI, why not more out there?

Finally: Cephalon in an Orokin proxy then?

The big bad Neural Sentry, we must not forget either.

Ordis is basically a homage to HAL.

No one would be safe.

Ok different question:

What if Lotus was in a proxy? Kind of cool to actually have her as a sentinel or robo doge in a mission.

Lol better yet, let Lotus and Ordis battle it out.