Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Nukor/the Recruiter

Feallike

DE I would like to thankyou for making this weapon, its amazing.

I love making enemies kill eachother, i made 3 heavies killing Kyle Regor today. ^.^

The gun is absolutely a joy to use, i hope more weapons like this come in the future.

For all who think this weapon is bad, its a PROC weapon not a damage dealer, its suppose to debuff enemies, like Glaxion.

Amprex is a good example of a proc weapon.

DE I would like to thankyou for making this weapon, its amazing.

I love making enemies kill eachother, i made 3 heavies killing Kyle Regor today. ^.^

The gun is absolutely a joy to use, i hope more weapons like this come in the future.

For all who think this weapon is bad, its a PROC weapon not a damage dealer, its suppose to debuff enemies, like Glaxion.

glaxion doesn't actually make enemies slow down inherently and its status chance is below useful

they should probably change that

Nukor is definitely the better of the two weapons, as-released.  The damage output isn't OMGWTFAMAZING, but it works.  Given the inherent superiority of pistol mods over rifle mods when it comes to damage I think it works out okay. The ammo economy is pretty reasonable, which is in contrast to the Glaxion. Reload is a little long for a pistol but it also has 10 seconds of sustained beaming per reload so that's fair. Being Radiation lets you build a gun with 3 composite elements, which, as people with heavily invested Detron or Tysis pistols can attest, is rather devastating.

Also the artwork on this weapon is very involved. It's got a lot of fun details.

Honestly the only thing I can find to complain about with the Nukor is the default color scheme. I'm happy to own the Grineer color picker so I can make it look appropriately Grineer. :)

You have to look at a weapon's base damage type when you are talking about status performance.  If a weapon has all 3 kinds of physical damage, then guess what:  You're probably wasting at least half your status procs on things that aren't the elements you've built for.  This is why purely elemental weapons are much superior to physical damage weapons when it comes to status; their potential is focused into what you actually build.

You have to look at a weapon's base damage type when you are talking about status performance.  If a weapon has all 3 kinds of physical damage, then guess what:  You're probably wasting at least half your status procs on things that aren't the elements you've built for.  This is why purely elemental weapons are much superior to physical damage weapons when it comes to status; their potential is focused into what you actually build.

Physical damage procs appear to be weighted heavily in the current system.  It appears that the game checks for which type of proc it will make (physical or elemental) and then weighs the damage amounts among the chosen type to determine which effect actually occurs (it chooses physical much more often, even if the sum of the physical damages is in the minority.)    When you have a base elemental weapon it appears to proc in the ratio of the element types present, similar to how you would expect it to work.  Having physical damage isn't bad for proc builds, though, as long as its mostly Slash, since Slash procs do a lot of damage to everything and ignore shields/armor/resists.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

Physical damage procs appear to be weighted heavily in the current system.  It appears that the game checks for which type of proc it will make (physical or elemental) and then weighs the damage amounts among the chosen type to determine which effect actually occurs (it chooses physical much more often, even if the sum of the physical damages is in the minority.)    When you have a base elemental weapon it appears to proc in the ratio of the element types present, similar to how you would expect it to work.  Having physical damage isn't bad for proc builds, though, as long as its mostly Slash, since Slash procs do a lot of damage to everything and ignore shields/armor/resists.  

The Slash procs may ignore armor, but I think the damage of the ticks themselves is based on the initial hit. So the total DoT from a Slash hit on a Napalm still isn't going to do a whole lot of damage.

Anyway, my Nukor research finishes today. I'll pass judgment when I actually get around to building the thing.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Based on its initial performance the Nukor looks like it'll be pretty fun.  I really wish there was some explanation of the crit stats though.  I'm wondering if the enemy explosion deals auto-crits or something, but it's very hard to see with all the numbers flying around.

Based on its initial performance the Nukor looks like it'll be pretty fun.  I really wish there was some explanation of the crit stats though.  I'm wondering if the enemy explosion deals auto-crits or something, but it's very hard to see with all the numbers flying around.

I never see a enemy take damage from corpse explosion so i i think is purely cosmetic.

The Slash procs may ignore armor, but I think the damage of the ticks themselves is based on the initial hit. So the total DoT from a Slash hit on a Napalm still isn't going to do a whole lot of damage.

Slash procs are based on the raw total damage (not just Slash, but all damage including elemental) of the attack that caused them; they work like a charm against heavy Grineer.

Slash is the weakest of the DoTs though.
Toxin will deal more tics and a higher percentage of the base. Heat will deal a higher percentage of the base, but the same number of tics, and have CC. 
And a lot of proc builds will focus on utility or AoE damage over more single target damage. Physical damage types splitting proc chances definitely makes them weaker. 

ehhh, it's Status Chance is fairly good indeed, but with pure Electricity against Armored Corrupted, i can easily get 15,000 in one Tick or even up to 29,000 in one Tick. plus the AoE Electric Effects. but it's certainly not lacking on killing Power.

This is why purely elemental weapons are much superior to physical damage weapons when it comes to status; their potential is focused into what you actually build.

this is true, but in the case of the Grakata, being high Impact, it stunlocks enemies fairly well while you shoot to stack some of the Status Effects you do actually want. and some Puncture Effects mixed in so that if it does get the opportunity to shoot back it's not effective.

does make using Grakata for Status pretty safe, i think. unlikely to get killed by what you're shooting at.

lol redo ur weapon selection grakata...aint nothin compared to those two

Shotguns are pretty meh for Status, due to it being a total of the Status per pellet. the Status per pellet is very, very, very low. if every single pellet hits, then you get a good Chance. if any miss, your Chances start to drastically drop.

Shotgun Pistols are the same way.

Slash is the weakest of the DoTs though.

Toxin will deal more tics and a higher percentage of the base. Heat will deal a higher percentage of the base, but the same number of tics, and have CC. 

And a lot of proc builds will focus on utility or AoE damage over more single target damage. Physical damage types splitting proc chances definitely makes them weaker. 

Slash's armor/resistance/shield ignore make it one of the most useful by far if your weapon has high per-hit damage numbers.  That said, for AOE damage Gas is king, though Gas damage sucks vs humanoids (get those critical Lanka headshots for best effect.)

ehhh, it's Status Chance is fairly good indeed, but with pure Electricity against Armored Corrupted, i can easily get 15,000 in one Tick or even up to 29,000 in one Tick. plus the AoE Electric Effects. but it's certainly not lacking on killing Power.

this is true, but in the case of the Grakata, being high Impact, it stunlocks enemies fairly well while you shoot to stack some of the Status Effects you do actually want. and some Puncture Effects mixed in so that if it does get the opportunity to shoot back it's not effective.

does make using Grakata for Status pretty safe, i think. unlikely to get killed by what you're shooting at.

Shotguns are pretty meh for Status, due to it being a total of the Status per pellet. the Status per pellet is very, very, very low. if every single pellet hits, then you get a good Chance. if any miss, your Chances start to drastically drop.

Shotgun Pistols are the same way.

how is over 100% status proc on both boar prime and akbronco prime? yea it beats grakata by a mile