Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is The Attica So Underrated?

PhantomSpartan

I wanted a crossbow weapon to build so I build the Attica. I was impressed with the weapon and I put a maxed Thunderbolt on it and it is SO OP!!! Every few shots they explode, inflicting mass damage. It seems like me and my friend Snipick are the only ones who use the Attica. Why is it so underrated?

Because most people use it like a "rifle", If you use it like a bow that you don't have to reload every shot then you will be fine.

Copying an older post (Soma vs. Boltor Prime thread so only comparing against those two):

Attica (Shred/HC):
26.4k Burst DPS
79.2k Headshot Burst DPS

Attica (Thunderbolt/HC):
20.3k Burst DPS
60.9k Headshot Burst DPS
 (~470 Thunderbolt DPS)

Boltor Prime:
23.1k Burst DPS
48.5k Headshot Burst DPS

Soma:
18.0k Burst DPS
63.0k Burst Headshot DPS

Attica is currently the best burst-damage "rifle" in-game, beating out both Boltor Prime in raw DPS (by almost 15%) and Soma in headshot DPS (by 25%). With Shred, you can mow down crowds surprisingly quickly. The Thunderbolt build will start to lose power around level 20, but will still heavily damage crowds while picking off heavy targets with a main DPS that stays competitive with Soma and BP.

Primary weapons that are competitive with these three (in terms of Burst DPS), with some more common alternatives:

Latron Wraith: 34.2k, 111.2k Headshot DPS

Latron Prime: 29.0k, 79.7k Headshot DPS

Sybaris: 26.5k, 86.0k headshot DPS

Amprex: 27.1k, 108.4k on headshots, 20.9/83.6k with Ammo Mutation, 

Synapse: 23.0k, 92k on headshots

Phage: 23.0k, 17.5k with Seeking Force

Snipers, Launchers and Shotguns don't really fit the same slot but here's some damage numbers for some:

Boar Prime: 49.0k, 37.7k with Ammo Mutation

Dread: 44.6k, 27.9k per shot, 178.4k headshot DPS (omitting other bows because they're very similar)

Vectis: 22.5k, 18.3k without Heavy Caliber (73/59.5k headshot) - both DPS and damage per shot in this case

Penta: 25.6k (15.9k with Firestorm in place of Speed Trigger)

Ogris: 26.0k (16.2k with Firestorm in place of Speed Trigger)

Bear in mind you're not going to be using every weapon for straight damage though - Ignis is fantastic for wiping early crowds, Grakata gets proc on fast, and Amprex/Ogris make for an awkward sustained damage weapons. With that in mind, Attica is a highly competitive single-target weapon that can still deal with crowds and doesn't have extreme ammo issues, which is where a lot of the others on this list fall down. I'd say the Attica's main weakness is that its sustained damage is a little low due to its comparatively small clip size.
Edited by Spacetimer

Attica is currently the best burst-damage "rifle" in-game, beating out both Boltor Prime in raw DPS (by almost 15%) and Soma in headshot DPS (by 25%). With Shred, you can mow down crowds surprisingly quickly. The Thunderbolt build will start to lose power around level 20, but will still heavily damage crowds while picking off heavy targets with a main DPS that stays competitive with Soma and BP.

At level 30+ infestation defense i was still mowing them down until wave 15+ but I was still doing decent damage

Just my opinion, but even after buffing, it just became somewhat fun to use, but still not great (the kind you want to carry into high tier T4).

Still, autofire + Thunderbolt makes it fun to bully low level mobs, especially infested. Put in a gas build for more fun :)

Edited by smithf

At level 30+ infestation defense i was still mowing them down until wave 15+ but I was still doing decent damage

It's still not bad at higher levels (unless you're facing armored enemies), but the chance trigger will start to make itself felt. Even at that stage I'd rather have Shred and take out several heavy targets at once, but the point is both builds are very strong.

I hate this weapon alot because of the Thunderbolt Mod.Thats freaking ridicolous and annoying.So much fun when anyone is spamming that gun around and my screen is shaking to death and i cant play normally.

Seriously ? Its bullS#&$ that DE even allowed that.

Fix the shaking for other players or restrict the Thunderbolt again.

Edited by K0bra

One of my favorite weapons. I wasn't sure nobody was using it either. With the amount of ammo you have, you can afford to use if like a repeating crossbow if you want, but it really if powerful at taking out lots of enemies quickly. Only problem is that it definitely isn't a stealth weapon. 

One of my favorite weapons. I wasn't sure nobody was using it either. With the amount of ammo you have, you can afford to use if like a repeating crossbow if you want, but it really if powerful at taking out lots of enemies quickly. Only problem is that it definitely isn't a stealth weapon. 

And to add: if you put in thunderbolt, you don't need to aim (actually, can't aim, due to all the explosion fx :P )

Mirage + HoM + TB Attica = carpet bombing and explosions with every pull of the trigger. :D great against anything but certain bosses (Ruk, I'm looking at you.....with a latron wriath)

I think also Kril wants to be looked at as well with a latron wraith and prime, because I'm a gunzerker.

I wanted a crossbow weapon to build so I build the Attica. I was impressed with the weapon and I put a maxed Thunderbolt on it and it is SO OP!!! Every few shots they explode, inflicting mass damage. It seems like me and my friend Snipick are the only ones who use the Attica. Why is it so underrated?

This is a thread AFTER the Attica became useful, allowing you to use the thunderbolt mod on it. 

PS4 still can't. It's explosion-less, still requires much forma to be useable mid-game, and has WAY too low fire rate and reload speed. It's not worth the formae, credits, time, blood, tears, revives, or sweat for what you get out of it. 

It'd rather use a Penta. As it's explosions do much more damage, even if it fires much slower, I'm almost positive it's DPS is higher than the Attica with fully ranked serration, speed trigger, thunderbolt and split chamber.