Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is The Attica So Underrated?

PhantomSpartan

Also, I'm afraid of what DE may do to thunderbolt.

The explosive consistancy is way too high. It's a below average explosive tipped crossbow with 540 bolts. 

So they have two choices, take Thunderbolt back off of the Attica, or nerf Thunderbolt to lower the explosive consistancy. 

One of my favorite weapons. I wasn't sure nobody was using it either. With the amount of ammo you have, you can afford to use if like a repeating crossbow if you want, but it really if powerful at taking out lots of enemies quickly. Only problem is that it definitely isn't a stealth weapon. 

I agree. explosions aren't the best for stealth

or nerf Thunderbolt to lower the explosive consistancy. 

Thunderbolt is already a garbage mod. It doesn't scale at all -- a static 250 damage will absolutely obliterate mobs on lower leveled content, but will hardly dent anything 30+ (at which point you're better off dropping it in favor of another mod).

It honestly makes me a little worried that people think Thunderbolt is a good mod. It really isn't.

Thunderbolt is already a garbage mod. It doesn't scale at all -- a static 250 damage will absolutely obliterate mobs on lower leveled content, but will hardly dent anything 30+ (at which point you're better off dropping it in favor of another mod).

It honestly makes me a little worried that people think Thunderbolt is a good mod. It really isn't.

I think most people just play the solar map missions, or don't go very far into Survival/Defense. I know that comes off as snooty, but if more people went into content with Lv50+ enemies, they'd realize that they'd be better off with a third damage mod or a Bane mod.

My biggest concern is that Thunderbolt is clouding everyone's sight to the fact that the Attica still has a 2.8s reload. It's still a decent weapon, but for the amount of power it puts out it should have a slightly shorter reload. It's tolerable with the 2.4s reload you get out of using a Fast Hands mod, so maybe reducing it to around 2.2-2.4s would do the trick. Heck, it's what the Boltor Prime and Latron Prime have.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Yeah, Thunderbolt really isn't much use past level 25-30. Attica is a very fun weapon even without it though.

As others have said, it was pretty awful until DE tweaked its stats recently. Even after that it isn't the easiest weapon to use, maybe people just can't be bothered with it. Too bad for them - it's one of my favourite primaries :) I've taken it on numerous T4 runs and it performs admirably.

Edited by Dualice

Read both pages still got no clue why you guys keep saying its not good for lvls 50+ enemies when it is, with/without thunderbolt and/or mirage.

We haven't. We've been saying that:

1. Thunderbolt is a poor mod to use against 50+ enemies because it doesn't scale. A static 250 damage does nothing against them.

2. Mirage's Hall of Mirrors can make damned near any gun look good, so a weapon needs to be tested without it to really get a feel for its value

3. Before the patch that buffed it, the Attica was a terrible weapon. Like, Torid levels of bad.

Copying an older post (Soma vs. Boltor Prime thread so only comparing against those two):

Attica (Shred/HC):
26.4k Burst DPS
79.2k Headshot Burst DPS

Attica (Thunderbolt/HC):
20.3k Burst DPS
60.9k Headshot Burst DPS
 (~470 Thunderbolt DPS)

Boltor Prime:
23.1k Burst DPS
48.5k Headshot Burst DPS

Soma:
18.0k Burst DPS
63.0k Burst Headshot DPS

Attica is currently the best burst-damage "rifle" in-game, beating out both Boltor Prime in raw DPS (by almost 15%) and Soma in headshot DPS (by 25%). With Shred, you can mow down crowds surprisingly quickly. The Thunderbolt build will start to lose power around level 20, but will still heavily damage crowds while picking off heavy targets with a main DPS that stays competitive with Soma and BP.

Primary weapons that are competitive with these three (in terms of Burst DPS), with some more common alternatives:

Latron Wraith: 34.2k, 111.2k Headshot DPS

Latron Prime: 29.0k, 79.7k Headshot DPS

Sybaris: 26.5k, 86.0k headshot DPS

Amprex: 27.1k, 108.4k on headshots, 20.9/83.6k with Ammo Mutation, 

Synapse: 23.0k, 92k on headshots

Phage: 23.0k, 17.5k with Seeking Force

Snipers, Launchers and Shotguns don't really fit the same slot but here's some damage numbers for some:

Boar Prime: 49.0k, 37.7k with Ammo Mutation

Dread: 44.6k, 27.9k per shot, 178.4k headshot DPS (omitting other bows because they're very similar)

Vectis: 22.5k, 18.3k without Heavy Caliber (73/59.5k headshot) - both DPS and damage per shot in this case

Penta: 25.6k (15.9k with Firestorm in place of Speed Trigger)

Ogris: 26.0k (16.2k with Firestorm in place of Speed Trigger)

Bear in mind you're not going to be using every weapon for straight damage though - Ignis is fantastic for wiping early crowds, Grakata gets proc on fast, and Amprex/Ogris make for an awkward sustained damage weapons. With that in mind, Attica is a highly competitive single-target weapon that can still deal with crowds and doesn't have extreme ammo issues, which is where a lot of the others on this list fall down. I'd say the Attica's main weakness is that its sustained damage is a little low due to its comparatively small clip size.

Great analysis, though I did not think that the Attica's damage was that high relative to other weapons. Are you sure about those numbers?

Interesting calcs. The only thing they don't (can't, actually) take into account is the Attica's accuracy. For some reason, it has high recoil for a crossbow. This will cause most of the bolts to shoot around the crosshair rather than dead center if you hold down the trigger. For this reason, it's best to fire in 2-3 bolt bursts at a single enemy at at a time. Fun weapon, though.

Copying an older post (Soma vs. Boltor Prime thread so only comparing against those two):

Attica (Shred/HC):
26.4k Burst DPS
79.2k Headshot Burst DPS

Attica (Thunderbolt/HC):
20.3k Burst DPS
60.9k Headshot Burst DPS
 (~470 Thunderbolt DPS)

Boltor Prime:
23.1k Burst DPS
48.5k Headshot Burst DPS

Soma:
18.0k Burst DPS
63.0k Burst Headshot DPS

Attica is currently the best burst-damage "rifle" in-game, beating out both Boltor Prime in raw DPS (by almost 15%) and Soma in headshot DPS (by 25%). With Shred, you can mow down crowds surprisingly quickly. The Thunderbolt build will start to lose power around level 20, but will still heavily damage crowds while picking off heavy targets with a main DPS that stays competitive with Soma and BP.

Primary weapons that are competitive with these three (in terms of Burst DPS), with some more common alternatives:

Latron Wraith: 34.2k, 111.2k Headshot DPS

Latron Prime: 29.0k, 79.7k Headshot DPS

Sybaris: 26.5k, 86.0k headshot DPS

Amprex: 27.1k, 108.4k on headshots, 20.9/83.6k with Ammo Mutation, 

Synapse: 23.0k, 92k on headshots

Phage: 23.0k, 17.5k with Seeking Force

Snipers, Launchers and Shotguns don't really fit the same slot but here's some damage numbers for some:

Boar Prime: 49.0k, 37.7k with Ammo Mutation

Dread: 44.6k, 27.9k per shot, 178.4k headshot DPS (omitting other bows because they're very similar)

Vectis: 22.5k, 18.3k without Heavy Caliber (73/59.5k headshot) - both DPS and damage per shot in this case

Penta: 25.6k (15.9k with Firestorm in place of Speed Trigger)

Ogris: 26.0k (16.2k with Firestorm in place of Speed Trigger)

Bear in mind you're not going to be using every weapon for straight damage though - Ignis is fantastic for wiping early crowds, Grakata gets proc on fast, and Amprex/Ogris make for an awkward sustained damage weapons. With that in mind, Attica is a highly competitive single-target weapon that can still deal with crowds and doesn't have extreme ammo issues, which is where a lot of the others on this list fall down. I'd say the Attica's main weakness is that its sustained damage is a little low due to its comparatively small clip size.

you should add crit mods to the attica and see that it actually has 30k dps or something like that in warframe builder