Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finally!

(XBOX)iMsRaider

I've been following this game for so long, and then when it was announced for the Xbox One I was rather excited for it. Now I am actually playing it.

My first question is there a stigma for using the store to buy the warframes instead of just grinding for it? Personally I really like the game in the hour or so I've been playing it and see it was a way to support to company since I didn't have to buy the game.

Also, I love what lore they have and reading the entry for Mag Prime was pretty amazing.

Okay overly excited rambling, now over.

The only frame I would consdier buying is Vauban. His parts only come from random alerts and such that depending on where you live will either show up when you are at work or at 3am where you live. If you aren't in a hurry you can just wait him out.

All other frames are relatively easy to get for free in a short amount of time. Just need to kill the boss they drop from a few times.

I've been following this game for so long, and then when it was announced for the Xbox One I was rather excited for it. Now I am actually playing it.

My first question is there a stigma for using the store to buy the warframes instead of just grinding for it? Personally I really like the game in the hour or so I've been playing it and see it was a way to support to company since I didn't have to buy the game.

Also, I love what lore they have and reading the entry for Mag Prime was pretty amazing.

lol its k, I'm an end gamer on PC, but its not half bad on the consoles so far :P 

And the stigma you're talking about is just for impatient people. Although you do get a character slot and a Reactor when you buy it from the store. Which equates for 40 plat of the frame cost. 

Some people might pee a little in your direction, but no one is going to stop you.

Personall,y I wouldn't judge you at all if you bought Vauban or Hydroid. they're annoying as crap to farm. Anything else is a waste of money imo, but its all up to you.

Umm.. But anyways, no. No one is really going to care what you do with your money. As long as you don't go bragging about it.

"Hurr durr I'm so curl I butt this fraem wid my moneyz."

Huzzah! Welcome to warframe! Also this is the first positive XB1 topic I've seen today! Congrats! Enjoy the game, and have an internet cookie!

Being impatient is the only thing but then again since you can bring any frame/weapon combination into any mission after about 1 month no one can tell. And yes Vauban is hard to get parts to, though I was lucky enough to do so without buying him, so buying him is not a bad idea and almost recommended by me.

Edit: Because I forgot welcome Tenno.

Edited by (PS4)king_kmodo93

Welcome!

No, you don't have to buy Warframes, the game is free to play, and it is purely up to you to show support. The only things that cannot be acquired by normal means are cosmetics and accessories. Slots are also plat-only, and should be your first purchase. You can buy them through the Inventory in your Liset's pause menu.

Even then, some basic colors for Kubrow pets and alternate Helmets will be available to you soon. If you feel like you should support the devs, and you love the game, feel free to purchase platinum.

Also, a warning: Lore is sporadic and sometimes short-lived. The system is constantly changing, and the best part is that we can change the lore of the game (If you'd like to know what I'm talking about, go to the Warframe Wiki and look up Gradivus Dilemma). Most lore will appear in events or in some sections of the codex.

Knowing how update launches are, you will experience your fair share of bugs, but don't let it deter you. DE works hard to patch them out ASAP. Welcome to the world of Warframe!

Strength, Tenno!

-Upgrade

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

This is one of the first XB1 user topics I've EVER seen here, positive or negative. 

There's been 5-6 of them at the time of writing, pretty much all of them have been complaining, or bringing up minor issues, but I digress. I presume we shall see a balance in time.

The only frame I would consdier buying is Vauban. His parts only come from random alerts and such that depending on where you live will either show up when you are at work or at 3am where you live. If you aren't in a hurry you can just wait him out.

All other frames are relatively easy to get for free in a short amount of time. Just need to kill the boss they drop from a few times.

Not really. And its not like people can even tell you bought your frames after you get passed MR 2-3.

HOLY CRAP, THEY DO EXIST (XB1 players).  Lol, kidding.  Welcome to the game and all.

Buying Warframes is a waste of platinum.  Don't do it, for your own sake.  If you want to buy something then buy slots and cosmetics. They are the only things you can't farm for.  If you want something beyond that then buy orokin reactors and catalysts.

Just me, but I'd advise saving all your plat for warframe/weapon/companion etc. slots.

Lesse...

DON'T buy

revives

most materials

mod packs

... yeah. That's about the taboo "you'll regret it if you buy it" list from the market.

Platinum is mostly for cosmetics and rushing stuff in your foundry(another thing most of us wait out). After that it's for getting stuff on trading chat, and you can get everything(very few exceptions) there by just farming for it.

Just a few tips. don't farm for anything too much and burn yourself out. Whenever I do that I usually lose bits of my soul. Research and think about what you'd like to get, if you ask what you should get, most will just suggest hard to get/OP weapons. Play with what you want, cause you're the one that's going to have to use what you get, not them.

Also, welcome to the game!

Edited by billthebetta

dunno, running round in a Nekro at MR0...

I secretly laugh when I see frames draped in 100's of plat worth of accessories that you know they bought with real money and didn't trade. it's like showing up to school with the flash new kicks everyone knows your mum bought for you.

so yeah, I'm just jealous lol.

dunno, running round in a Nekro at MR0...

I secretly laugh when I see frames draped in 100's of plat worth of accessories that you know they bought with real money and didn't trade. it's like showing up to school with the flash new kicks everyone knows your mum bought for you.

so yeah, I'm just jealous lol.

It only annoys me when people purchase frames before you can obtain them in game.  After that they are fine.

Thanks for the greetings! I am thoroughly enjoying my time playing this. I will be hard pressed to chose between this game and Destiny.

Too bad you're on the XB1 train for Destiny. I'm gonna be on PS4 myself, so I guess I can't force you to hang with me. ;]

But honestly, having played the Beta for Destiny, it is a whole 'nother ballpark. Warframe and Destiny don't feel like each other at all, and I don't feel there will be any competition between them.

Myself? I'll be playing both. I hope you have the time to consider the same (they're both good, despite being totally different). :)

Excalibur, Loki & Volt are not a bad price (75Pt including a 20Pt slot and 20Pt Reactor) so I would consider them if I were you.  Of course, you can just work to get them through crafting and spend platinum on more slots so you can keep them all...  i wouldn't suggest buying Frost since he is quite expensive and you'll get Frost Prime easily enough.

before spending any money on the game, play for a couple days to see how you feel. New stuff can be exciting at first. after a couple days, if you still like it, keep on playing till you feel you need more inventory slots. Hopefully by that time, you would have gotten a platinum discount coupon.