Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Games You Think De Should Play To Get Ideas

Xievie

Sadly, I agree, but this is mostly in reference to their skill tree.

I would like focus to run similar to that.

(If they could begin to balance PvP off their system as well, kudos.)

Destiny was built with a fairly big budget, like $500 million? I think. In contrast, Warframe was created and still in development based on players supports; because their model F2P is almost literally F2P.

Sadly, I agree, but this is mostly in reference to their skill tree.

I would like focus to run similar to that.

(If they could begin to balance PvP off their system as well, kudos.)

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the game used to have a skill tree before switching to the mod system?

Destiny was built with a fairly big budget, like $500 million? I think. In contrast, Warframe was created and still in development based on players supports; because their model F2P is almost literally F2P.

Doesn't mean they can't take inspiration off a couple of their systems. 

Because a lot of the other stuff I didn't mention shows where they spent all that cash...

-Snip-

Pretty much why I've stuck with Vindictus, man just using smashes and combo in groups feels so good.  granted a few classes seem a bit more agile than others and the whole durability and enhancing/enchanting aspect makes me fear for my weapons.   Besides that it's a fun game with good and bad elements.

I saw some gameplay of Destiny and I felt a bit mehhy.  I mean looks pretty and all but didn't really feel like the battles were urgent or you were doing it for a reason.   Kinda felt like it has something but doesn't know what.  Kinda like Borderlands:good story, fun weapons. But lacking that spark that I guess other games I consider great have.   Might just be preference haha

I also want the feels from Katawa Shoujo.....Hanako....

Pretty much why I've stuck with Vindictus, man just using smashes and combo in groups feels so good. granted a few classes seem a bit more agile than others and the whole durability and enhancing/enchanting aspect makes me fear for my weapons. Besides that it's a fun game with good and bad elements.

I saw some gameplay of Destiny and I felt a bit mehhy. I mean looks pretty and all but didn't really feel like the battles were urgent or you were doing it for a reason. Kinda felt like it has something but doesn't know what. Kinda like Borderlands:good story, fun weapons. But lacking that spark that I guess other games I consider great have. Might just be preference haha

I also want the feels from Katawa Shoujo.....Hanako....

The enhancing/enchanting really did make me value my weapons more. Man, if mods could blow a weapon up then my heart couldn't take Warframe. Perhaps sonething Warframe needs is more risk.

And now a tribute to Hanako:

http://tinyurl.com/Hanakowasbestgirl

Edited by Xievie

The enhancing/enchanting really did make me value my weapons more. Man, if mods could blow a weapon up then my heart couldn't take Warframe. Perhaps sonething Warframe needs is more risk.

And getting a weapon upgraded to +15 where the last 5 are at 30% success with no way of getting them fail safe?  Nah man I think my soul is in no shape of making that deal with a devil. Though the rating system of 1-5 stars wold be nice for some mods not all of them

Metal Gear Rising.  Now that's how cyborg / space/ high tech ninja should be.  Not this slow, "had to roll every time you land" bs.  The only thing fast about Warframe's movement is coptoring, and that's not even "intended".  

Or Devil May Cry, you don't need to buy a skill to do handspring for god's sake.  What kind of fictional ninja can't do handsprings?

Dota, if they can balance 100+ characters, each with 4 skills, then we should expect DE to be able to do that.  The power disparity is so great it's laughable sometimes, but mostly it's depressing.          

warframe needs some kind of big badass raidboss from mmos(destiny for example :3) for 4 players besides lephantis(who sadly got nerfed so hard that I can easily solo him now)

I want something like a behemoth-grineer-tank or a phorid with a super large healthpool who can clim walls, jump arround the map and deals crazy amounts of damage when youre not carefull enough. he would have to telegraph his attacks and he might need some resistances against certain weapons *COUGH* boltorprime *COUGH* c:

or maybe reintroduce the hyena-units we saw in the last event as normal heavy-corpus-units. those were EFFING fun to fight! they actually were a challenge

DE should definitely look into some of Guild War 2's bosses, i've seen some gameplay vids and they look massive and epic as hell to fight, the closest we have to that would be vay hek and lephantis.

Should have like a special 16 player boss fight against like a big &#! entity

DE should definitely look into some of Guild War 2's bosses, i've seen some gameplay vids and they look massive and epic as hell to fight, the closest we have to that would be vay hek and lephantis.

Should have like a special 16 player boss fight against like a big @$$ entity

GW2 is my main MMO, and I gotta say in practice they really aren't much. They have a couple of gimmicks and that's it. They certainly LOOK awesome though (<3 U Teq)!

The only reason people think they are so interesting is because they require a little bit of coordination between people. I.E. People on Turrets doing the rotation correctly on Teq, or everyone actually killing all the worm heads at the same time. And people actually using something other than berserker or underleveled gear makes things smoother too.

But uhh.. Yeah.. Big bosses. We need better ones. xD

I'd add Dragons Dogma to the list. Specifically the mini boss battles.

The mini bosses aren't Shadow of the Colossus big, but they're a special event in and of themselves. 
They aren't always locked away in a private room, they can roam like regular enemies and will be found amongst them.

Combating them feels like a real experience.  Even though the mechanic is the old tried and tested "do x amount of damage in a certain way to progress to the next 'step' in the fight" it's dynamic and visceral.  A reasonable example is in the vid below, (not mine btw, just one I found to demonstrate the point)  - the chimera is big, and visually imposing, you know it's a boss before you even see the health bar, and the environment they are in is just another regular part of the open world in that game.  Fighting the boss isn't a simple case of pelt it or slash it till it dies... there's strategy there, focused attacks on different parts of the animal.  Sure you can beat it senseless with a stick and it'll die eventually, but you can climb up onto its back and hack its tail off, if you can keep your balance, and rid it of a weapon and it's balance.

There's other creatures there too, and different strategies for taking them down... You can hobble big monsters by attacking their legs, or stop them punching at you for a while by targetting their arms.  How you attack the creature determines how it reacts to you, rather than having "phases" and "stages"

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing really new with the bosses in Dragons Dogma, it's just the way they are presented and react that change the player experience.  It stops being "generic boss fight" and starts being some kind of unique, satisfying experience for each individual player.
Sure, I can tell you fire hurts a chimera, and that the goats head can put you to sleep and the tail will poison you.  I can tell you that its possible to knock out the individual heads, and even cut them off.  But how you take that knowledge and turn it into "your" experience is never going to be the same as mine, but when you do it, it feels like you've achieved more than just making it through another generic 'x' number of phases boss fight... Edited by DrNoesis

Dota, if they can balance 100+ characters, each with 4 skills, then we should expect DE to be able to do that.  The power disparity is so great it's laughable sometimes, but mostly it's depressing.

Oh man, this is probably the most important thing you can do. I've played Warframe so much that when I recently tried League of Legends, my mind was blown at the balance of all of the characters in comparison.

I just think they need to play mirrors edge and titanfall to feel some more fluid parkour, I absolutely LOVE wall running in warframe, but its so clunky and weird that it doesnt work well.

and one thing we NEED more than anything is a blocking animation cancel, our combos are great, they get me killed when I cant block something after my shields get dropped.

Dota isn't very well balanced actually. Power disparity is so huge between some heroes that it's actually really hilarious when you think about it. RNG layered in combat doesn't make it very nice for gameplay either. The only thing keeping weaker heroes from being totally outclassed is that tiny tiny little niche those heroes may have.

Honestly, I think DE is doing fine. Some changes they do may irk me, but I understand why those changes are implemented. Some little inspiration here and there is okay as long as they don't completely intrude the gameplay mechanics but adds interesting mechanics. Last thing I want is to have some skill tree to replace my mod card system. It would ruin far too many gameplay styles.