Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaxion...what Is Even The Point?

[DE]Momaw

I try not to be relentlessly negative, but...  In this case I must ask, with all due sincerity and sarcasm, what is the point of this weapon??

The basic damage per second is okay.  Not Great, but okay.  But then it's got the highest ammo consumption in the game. And I don't mean "a little higher than other weapons";    at 40 rounds per second, it just... I can't even...   The only weapon that that uses up more than half the ammo is the Twin Vipers, which compensate for their ludicrous inefficiency by having ludicrous burst damage potential.

What are you buying with that 40 rounds a second?  It isn't a crit-based weapon, the only area that primaries outshine secondaries by a large margin.  It isn't a status based weapon since "Continuous" weapons only check for status once a second instead of once per damage event.  It doesn't have range, or punchthrough, or AOE.  The base damage type is the horrible Cold, leaving you nowhere to go except viral, blast, or magnetic, all of which are pointless without high status chance to back up them. The only unique thing this weapon does is turn enemies blue when you shoot them (okay?) and turn them into corpsicles when you kill them.... providing cover for their friends behind them, because you can't shoot through the corpsicle.  Thanks?

I feel like Glaxion's stats are somebody's personal vengeance against Glaxion's artists.   The ART of the weapon is amazing.  It's the perfect combination of style and menace, with more greebling than you can shake a stick at. But the stats make this thing literally unusable.  Even with ammo mutation plus ammo scavenger, forget it. I tried grinding some XP on this thing and ran out of ammo half of the way through the mission even running around and opening every locker I could find.

Why.

Just.... Why.

(edited for consolidation)

Glaxion 2.0

Ammo consumption:  17 damage @ 15/second

Slowdown effects: has a 25% chance per half-second of sustained firing to apply a stacking variation of the Cold proc, regardless of damage inflicted or actual elements equipped to the gun.

Corpsicles: Have 1/10th the HP of the enemy which you froze, and when blasted apart (including by the Glaxion itself) can inflict Cold on adjacent enemies.

I'd play that.

Edited by Momaw

I try not to be relentlessly negative, but...  In this case I must ask, with all due sincerity and sarcasm, what is the point of this weapon??

The basic damage per second is okay.  Not Great, but okay.  But then it's got the highest ammo consumption in the game. And I don't mean "a little higher than other weapons";    at 40 rounds per second, it just... I can't even...   The only weapon that that uses up more than half the ammo is the Twin Vipers, which compensate for their ludicrous inefficiency by having ludicrous burst damage potential.

What are you buying with that 40 rounds a second?  It isn't a crit-based weapon, the only area that primaries outshine secondaries by a large margin.  It isn't a status based weapon since "Continuous" weapons only check for status once a second instead of once per damage event.  It doesn't have range, or punchthrough, or AOE.  The base damage type is the horrible Cold, leaving you nowhere to go except viral, blast, or magnetic, all of which are pointless without high status chance to back up them. The only unique thing this weapon does is turn enemies blue when you shoot them (okay?) and turn them into corpsicles when you kill them.... providing cover for their friends behind them, because you can't shoot through the corpsicle.  Thanks?

I feel like Glaxion's stats are somebody's personal vengeance against Glaxion's artists.   The ART of the weapon is amazing.  It's the perfect combination of style and menace, with more greebling than you can shake a stick at. But the stats make this thing literally unusable.  Even with ammo mutation plus ammo scavenger, forget it. I tried grinding some XP on this thing and ran out of ammo half of the way through the mission even running around and opening every locker I could find.

Why.

Just.... Why.

On topic, what I think it needs to be useful is to be strong in utility. 

the point of glaxion u ask ? hm..

they sneak peaked the weapon art and all ages ago so they had to include it in the game while innately gimping it so it doesnt make frost look completely obsolete 

all we need now is a mind control wave emitter, a radial disarm fusion mortar, and a radial blind minigun then balance is restored 

let the storm rage on

the cold never bothered me anyway

Having gotten it to rank 25, I can say that this is the only weapon I have ever used that ABSOLUTELY NECESSITATED the use of an ammo mutation mod. Even the Grakata and Wraith Twin Vipers PALE in comparison to this thing. And no, 1500 reserve ammo is not enough to get you through a mission. Nowhere close. 

they sneak peaked the weapon art and all ages ago so they had to include it in the game while innately gimping it so it doesnt make frost look completely obsolete 

all we need now is a mind control wave emitter, a radial disarm fusion mortar, and a radial blind minigun then balance is restored 

let the storm rage on

even if this thing WAS a good weapon, frost would still be useful on the basis of pretty large areas of attack, and like other tenno abilities, can be paired with a trinity to fuel unlimited energy sprees, unlike weapons which rely on slowly restored ammo

The Glaxion is a good weapon... on Venus, not after.

Beautiful, for once i had the feeling that would be fun again... Then i experienced its USELESSNESS.

FFS DE, WHAT IS THAT POS WEAPON??????????????

WEAPONS ARE SUPPOSED TO KILL, NOT TO PREPARE ICE CUBE FOR YOUR NEXT DRINK DAMN IT.

SO MY ADVISE DE, QUIT DRINKING AT WORK.

Glaxion: Actual state: DAMAGE LESS S#&$.

Seriously pissed off.

let the storm rage on

The "don't make Frost argument" is invalid. Look at Nukor. Kinda makes Nyx redundant, doesn't it? Still, I don't see many complaints about it. Not to mention, if you don't use Frost, what's the point in gimping the weapon? I don't get it...

Right, so:

Glaxion 2.0

Ammo consumption:  17 damage @ 15/second

Slowdown effects: has a 25% chance per half-second of sustained firing to apply a stacking variation of the Cold proc, regardless of damage inflicted or actual elements equipped to the gun.

Corpsicles: Have 1/10th the HP of the enemy which you froze, and when blasted apart (including by the Glaxion itself) can inflict Cold on adjacent enemies.

I'd play that.

Edited by Momaw

The problem with this weapon is that it falls in the "awesome, but impractical" genre right now. I seriously love how it works though, making icecubes and smashing them with Fragor is divine. But, this weapon doesn't have any ammo economy, you can never get through a mission with it because of it's incredibly high ammo consumption and ammo pool.

With ammo drum, you're somewhere in the 1500 range of ammo and that's neat. Only that with it's 40 ammo/s ammo consumption, that gives you ~37s of firing time. So clearly it will run out very quickly during a mission.

'but pick up some ammo drops!' I hear you yell, or "equip ammo mutation", sure I did that. The problem is that I'd still have to pick up around 60-70 ammo packs to refill the ammo pool and by then, the mission will most probably be over at that point.

So yes, I love it's concept, but right now, you NEED to use ammo restores to even get practical REGULAR use out of this weapon and that's something I'm not on board with, especially not after having sacrificed two slots already.