Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaxion...what Is Even The Point?

[DE]Momaw

The Glaxion is suppose to be a status weapon in the end and it even sucks at being thst tbh. The amprex not only does damage and can be built to proc quite well with its fast fire rate, but also had aoe proc status utility. Amprex is also still a continuous beam weapon as well with similar range. In the end the Glaxion is just a very bad status weapon with low damage and no utility compared to existing weapons. If DE really wanted to make a freeze status beam, it should have a unique utility trait that no other weapon has yet. Amprex and quanta have been good with that, should've Done the same with this.

Edited by GSDAkatsuki

I'm happy to not have bought this weapon, but instead went through the 3 days of research + 1 day building time. From the first time I shot it in Apollodorus I knew something was horribly wrong. No point in echoing all the problems I've seen for myself in a single click of the mouse that others haven't said several times before. How can a gun that looks so awesomely badass perform so poorly?

So, in order for the Glaxion to have *some* form of ammo economy/efficiency I'd need the following all at once:

- Ammo mutation

- Rifle Scavenger

- Ammo packs

- Nekros that desecrates 24/7

- A Sahasa with a maxed-out Dig mod

If all of this means keeping the Glaxion from running out of ammo mid-mission, then this would mean this gun isn't even worth leveling to mastery at this time. It's the Attica all over again.

It's the Attica all over again.

Not true.  Initial-release Attica was a clumsy weapon due to the slow and constant reloading, but it was usable. It had plenty of punch and could easily get you through the solar system when combined with a bit of crowd control to keep the hordes at bay while you reloaded.

Initial-release Glaxion is much much worse. :(

damage is bad

Damage is fine.  6.4 * 40 = 256 base damage per second. Compares favorably to other mid-range type rifles (Boltor = 220 DPS, Flux Rifle = 226 DPS)

Doesn't need more deeps, it needs a sanity check on ammo use and more utility to the freezing aspects of this freeze-ray.

Not true.  Initial-release Attica was a clumsy weapon due to the slow and constant reloading, but it was usable. It had plenty of punch and could easily get you through the solar system when combined with a bit of crowd control to keep the hordes at bay while you reloaded.

Initial-release Glaxion is much much worse. :(

I'll apologize for badmouthing the Attica pre-buff. At least it could kill enemies with little fuss, pin them against a wall and came with a V-polarity. I could compare the Glaxion to the Venka:

- Badass design (seriously, who wouldn't think Wolverine claws are awesome?)

- Poor damage (unlike Glaxion, requires an extremely rare stance mod to be useful at all)

- Low critical and status chance

- Requires a forma (and forma BPs are rarer than new Prime parts for me)

Edited by Kevlareater