Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Much Force Grinding. Ive Had Enough. (Cooled Down Version)

azaze1

Just had 10 mins to cool down, so i can can write this in a more civilized manner :)

I think there is way too much force grinding in the game now.

I dont mind grinding all the weapons and warframes (rank 13 at 400h, so you can tell im a super grinder ;D) but the way many things are forced now, is just way too much and its not fun at all.

I havent even played 4 hours in the last 2 months because it puts me off.

First, in order to get hydroid parts, we need to get to vay hek, which requires getting beacons. Many of them. I really cant be bothered and i sigh when i think about the amount of beacons needed just to get to vay hek.

I believe this idea started with necros, but the hydroid parts mission is just way too much.

Argon crystals, gone in 24h? So if i dont play everyday, im forced to do many hours to get what i need when i actually do play? (like, 4 runs before i get 1 set of argon crystals)

No thanks.

And heres the last thing that made me angry: The grustrag bolt thing

Im crippled, and now i have to go get a neural sensor while being crippled? When all i want is to focus on beacons??

No. that is just too much. ive had enough. stop.

Its like DigitalExtremes is trying hard to make me hate the game i once loved :(

Edited by azaze1

Havnt tried to get becons yet. Not really pressed to get Hydroid myself.  Necors isnt really hard to get though. A few ODDs and I had enough to build several ODA keys. 

Argon crystals havnt been a problem either. Just becasue they decay every 24 hours hasnt hampered me in crafting. Just run a few voids or find a Phorid mission and farm him for drops. No hard grinding there.

Gustrang bolt is a penalty for dying to assassins. If you want to farm beacons then take care of doing to many invasions and getting the assassins sent to kill you.

Ok, so about the bolt: in your firs post (the one that got deleted) you mentioned that you needed to farm Neural Sensors for it. Those only drop on Jupiter. Jupiter is controlled by the Corpus. The Bolt only weakens you against the Grineer. Non-issue. 

Argon: You never need more than 2-4. You can easily farm that in 3-4 runs of a T2 or 3 Defense mission to Wave 10 or 15. 

Grinding is a *@##$, Take some time off and go play something else, then come back later and finish off.

There have been a few times (like hydroid, kubrow eggs) where the drop rate is horrible/inconsistent (60 runs no eggs, then 2 eggs in one mission)

But DE does take steps in the right direction every now and then though.

So its only the hydroid? Im kinda stuck with everything in the game because of hydroid though.

I dont have much else to do at this point either (15 warframes and close to all weapons until 3 months ago)

Then stop. Go do something else. Play other games. Have fun with your friends. Pop in for an event every once in a while, hit up the updates, stay informed. Don't let the grind be the thing that gets you down.

I decided to see what i need to do for mirage.

5 void runs for one hidden message?? No thanks. U can keep your mirage and hydroid. i give up. I may be aggravated at the moment already but just thinking about doing that many runs JUST for a message? oh cmon.

I can't speak on the Hydroid thing as I only did his mission once before buying him.

I agree with the Argon thing.

Disagree with the rest.

Edit: I bought Mirage too, but that was because of the cypher things. I had no idea what they were and just said '**** it'.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

First off, the changes they made to beacon drops makes it easy to get a key now.

The way I see it if you've played a game for 400 hours then you've got your money's worth for sure.. O WAIT... you don't have to pay a dime if you don't want to.  

If after 400 hours there is still something for you to grind for then I consider that a good thing.

I did pay for 2000 plat when i got a 50% deal, simply because i wanted to keep banshee, and it was worth it. definitely. So i could keep all warframes since, and i got all the ones back i had to remove for another warframe.

Back then it wasnt possible to get slots without platinum and you couldnt trade for platinum, so it was either remove one or suck it up.

I dont mind grinding, but i feel its just too much for the hydroid and mirage. I want to know ill have it soon, not next week, considering i dont play 8h a day.

Apart from this.. i dont have much to grind for sadly.

First off, the changes they made to beacon drops makes it easy to get a key now.

The way I see it if you've played a game for 400 hours then you've got your money's worth for sure.. O WAIT... you don't have to pay a dime if you don't want to.  

If after 400 hours there is still something for you to grind for then I consider that a good thing.

F2P options are never an excuse for perceived game design flaws.

azaze, how many missions have you done for hydroid so far?

It depends on how you play the game mostly,

Except that annoying hydroid part,I think argon crystal and neural sensor are not really that hard to find one.

At least,argon crystal do drop from phorid and invasion missions now.

And you can trade plat actually

Not many since the beacon thing kept confusing me and put me off.

Now i did try and got grustrag bolt trolled which was the thing that put me over the edge :)

Someone else said he found the cipher part confusing for mirage, so he just bought it.

I understand Digital Extreme needs to earn money but to make it so confusing that people just gives in.. not fair.

I refuse to pay for a frame though.

I do agree with OP in way, I really do love this game. But sometimes the grind is just too strong. I've loved the new updates and some of the weapons, so I'm still playing, but I just hope that the next update will bring some more life to this game. I feel like I have nothing else to do but grind weapons on the same mission over and over again.

Some epic boss battles would do the trick for me. Tough boss battles that require communication and teamwork. T4 Vor, comes close, cause I've been in derp squads before that got wrecked by him. But I want a bigger challange. I hope update 15 does the trick.