Valkyr Build...

d1sc1p1e

Question

17 answers to this question

The update doesn't matter much as you'd want to go with a Warcry focused build rather than a Hysteria focused one.

Have you even tried the new hysteria?  Hysteria builds are very legit now as it does more damage than any melee weapon.

Edited by TanTheMan

Have you even tried the new hysteria?  Hysteria builds are very legit now as it does more damage than any melee weapon.

I have used it. have you tried it in t4s? its worthless except for reviving team mates and healing your 700 HP pool back up. the animations are nice, but unless you have a target held in a Bastille and use the "madness" combo (the one where you hold right click) she cant hit hard or fast enough for it to be useful.

hysteria is still not viable outside of the star-chart, unfortunately.

I have used it. have you tried it in t4s? its worthless except for reviving team mates and healing your 700 HP pool back up. the animations are nice, but unless you have a target held in a Bastille and use the "madness" combo (the one where you hold right click) she cant hit hard or fast enough for it to be useful.

hysteria is still not viable outside of the star-chart, unfortunately.

You need to try a different build maybe.  In T4S I'm still 1-2 hitting heavy gunners 30 minutes in.  Hysteria does WAY more damage than any melee weapon now if built correctly.

Hysteria works okay if you're stacking CP auras; 2-3 of them and it'll do decent DPS. But otherwise, losing the Corrosive damage type from the Ichors is a significant DPS loss.

For higher level play, I use a minimal duration build with max armor, health, and strength, and only pop Hysteria when about to die or when I need the invulnerability. Otherwise I stay up with the ocasional Life Strike, and mostly use a powerful ranged weapon. When not stacking CP auras, there's still nothing coming close to the Amprex/Synapse DPS against a heavy Gunner.

Hysteria works okay if you're stacking CP auras; 2-3 of them and it'll do decent DPS. But otherwise, losing the Corrosive damage type from the Ichors is a significant DPS loss.

No it's not.  I'm literally doing more than DOUBLE the damage of ichor per hit on heavy gunners with no CP auras.

Edited by TanTheMan

I'm assuming high levels, and talking about DPS, rather than damage/hit... Ichors averages 1209 Corrosive damage, with double (194%) the attack speed of Hysteria due to the effects of Zerker/Fury.

While under the effect of Hysteria, with max PS, Ichors will average either 2999 or 2176 damage per swing, depending on how it's calculated. Lets look at that larger number against a level 50 gunner (4910 Ferrite armor):

2345.5 Corrosive DPS = 806.15 armor mitigated DPS

1k Impact = 57.6 armor mitigated DPS

1k Slash = 42.9 armor mitigated DPS

1k Puncture = 163.4 armor mitigated DPS

Total 3k Hysteria = 263.9 armor mitigated DPS

Zorens are pretty popular, and fairly easy to get. Technically the Dual Cleaver's are a tiny bit better in Hysteria but are worse outside of it. Dragon Nikana will actually give more damage to Hysteria than Ichors but only if using max PS. Dakra Prime is great with CD and Life Strike if you want a one-shot heal option to stay out of Hysteria longer.

*Regardless of whether you find Hysteria to be a damage bump or a nerf, it's always going to be a lot worse than a powerful ranged weapon. Valkyr's abilities are more survival/utility based, they don't deal damage directly, so having a powerful weapon, whether melee or ranged, is a pretty crucial part of the setup.*

Personally I find hanging out in Hysteria all the time to be not fun, even ignoring that it's dropping my DPS. But if you're lacking the gear to survive outside of it or the weapons to compete with it, a decent setup for Hysteria spam with Zorens or Cleavers, /w PP, SS, and TS+OS is a good start.

LOL! Dude, Darzk is like a walking warfarme wikia.

Plus, I do not see your proving data tests.

Oh, I've got my data, where's yours?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Hysteria

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2egxpd/valkyr_hysteria_info_w_numbers/

As you can see he conveniently left out MANY of the factors that go into hysteria damage. Whether he left out this information because of ignorance or because this information disproves his point, I won't speculate, but the fact is that he's wrong. Walking wiki or not.