To De's Designers

Vanish.Wolfen

First, I wanna talk about the Kubrow. Ever since U14 has released, every complaints seem to be all about this hot issue. You guys found a golden mine, a fantastic idea of make a pet for Tenno. People love pets, yes. But you've done it terribly. People give you their money and still they don't get what they want. How do you think about that ? Everyone just wants a Kubrow that has the fur color, patern, shape, height like how they want. But you still can't give them that ? Do you go to a shopping mall, pay money for a white shirt, then come home with a red shirt and happily wearing it ? First you screw us with Genetic Scrambler, then Dominant and Recessive Breeding, and then even Cloning still screws us. That's funny the way you do logic to the game. When people use 2 exact imprints, it means they want to clone, right ? What's the purpose of cloning ? To make offsprings exactly the same as their parent. Yet people are yelling that they clone a muscular Kubrow and get a skinny poor dog. Don't bring scientific issue to the game when you can't make them right. You still allow us to use 2 same imprints, but you do not allow us to clone ? We paid with our money for what we want anyway.

Other thing, this is the thing I think it will happen soon. But...yeah it's not. It's trading system. Through 14 big updates, we still trade like 10 centuries ago ? Still shouting, yelling what we want to buy, or sell in the market ? Nowadays, most of games have their trading house. Seller can register their goods and price and put their stuff on for selling. Buyer can easily search for what they want. Not sitting all days on trading channel and typing every 2 minutes for what they want to buy or sell, waiting for someone apparently has things you want or wants thing you need to sell whisper you, bargaining then going to a place call "Dojo" -the term for a formal martial art training place- to trade. 

That's all, thank you !

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Removed insults

Regarding Kubrows:

If we are to think of imprints as sex cells, then yes, you'll never clone anything. Sex cells are not exact copies of a person's DNA, they have errors.

Even if there weren't errors with the DNA, during the growing process, a fetus may encounter other types of errors.

If we are going to call this 'Dolly'. Well... we are some mad scientists.

Cloning in real life doesn't create identical copies. There is still some randomization that occurs during development. It's fine if you think that using two prints should make an exact copy but don't try and claim it's scientifically inaccurate, because it isn't.

Trading rooms actually are coming. Eventually. They've said so in the Livestreams at least.

First, I wanna talk about the Kubrow.

Ever since U14 has released, every complaints seem to be all about this hot issue. You guys found a golden mine; a fantastic idea of make a pet for Tenno. People love pets, yes. But you've done it terribly.

People give you their money and still they don't get what they want. How do you think about that ? Everyone just wants a Kubrow that has the fur color, patern, shape, height like how they want. But you still can't give them that ? Do you go to a shopping mall, pay money for a white shirt, then come home with a red shirt and happily wearing it ?

First you screw us with Genetic Scrambler, then Dominant and Recessive Breeding, and then even Cloning still screws us. That's funny the way you do logic to the game. When people use 2 exact imprints, it means they want to clone, right ? What's the purpose of cloning? To make offsprings exactly the same as their parent. Yet people are yelling that they clone a muscular Kubrow and get a skinny poor dog. Don't bring scientific issue to the game when you can't make them right. You still allow us to use 2 same imprints, but you do not allow us to clone? We paid with our money for what we want anyway.

Other thing, this is the thing I think it will happen soon. But... yeah it's not. It's trading system.

Through 14 big updates, we still trade like 10 centuries ago? Still shouting, yelling what we want to buy, or sell in the market ? Nowadays, most of games have their trading house. Seller can register their goods and price and put their stuff on for selling. Buyer can easily search for what they want. Not sitting all days on trading channel and typing every 2 minutes for what they want to buy or sell, waiting for someone apparently has things you want or wants thing you need to sell whisper you, bargaining then going to a place call "Dojo" -the term for a formal martial art training place- to trade.

That's all, thank you !

For the trading system, be patient. The trading system in this game is still in its early stages, so until the trading rooms were implemented, please deal with it for a little longer.

Cloning in real life doesn't create identical copies. There is still some randomization that occurs during development. It's fine if you think that using two prints should make an exact copy but don't try and claim it's scientifically inaccurate, because it isn't.

Trading rooms actually are coming. Eventually. They've said so in the Livestreams at least.

From a genetic and biological standpoint, yes, cloning by definition creates an identical copy, but as Devoid said, Nature vs Nurture is a big thing here. if you work out every day so you are in peak shape and have yourself cloned, the result will not be in peak shape but rather what ever state it's biology puts it in. 

My stance on the imprints is that they're currently very unreliable. And as the myriad of "X+X=Y" threads I've seen it still is that way. So many threads.

So please, for the love of all that is good, not use the imprints YET and wait for the day that they make it more of an exact science when imprints come into play.

Use paragraphs, please.

On topic, most of things you mention are just your opinion. I for example like it the way it is now.

Kubrow customization is no longer random which is great, although there could be more options (They will probably add more in the future).

About cloning, i wouldn´t really call it cloning, so there´s no reason to have 2 kubrows with the same physical appearance. If i am wrong, and it IS cloning, then what (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said explains it.

And about trading, they said multiple times there´s something like an overhaul coming, it´s just not here yet. I don´t like the trading requirements though.

Edited by Nachino

To all people bashing on OP for being aggressing (or complaining), the reality is that DE went overboard with kubrows when they haven't used such tactics before. So the people who don't like it are either just going to drop it and walk away, or reply like this topic in frustration (I was that guy more than once, despite efforts to stay calm).

Regarding Kubrows:

If we are to think of imprints as sex cells, then yes, you'll never clone anything. Sex cells are not exact copies of a person's DNA, they have errors.

Even if there weren't errors with the DNA, during the growing process, a fetus may encounter other types of errors.

If we are going to call this 'Dolly'. Well... we are some mad scientists.

Logic agrees with this, and I get why people go with this, but the reality is that it's just an excuse for a marketing tactic.

Do we have to get fuel cells for our ships? Do we, Tenno, have to eat? Do we have to wait for our color palettes to apply/dry? I could go on, but the answer to all of these are no. This game stays near where logic lies, but doesn't actually embrace it. Things in the game stay close enough to reality (like with the whole Nekros ability debates), but not entirely. And if people try to apply the "but it's in the future" excuse, then I could turn that back on them and say that "in the future" cloning is perfect.

/rant

Kubrow are a cool feature that has a cool execution concept, but the kubrow are inferior to sentinels and the execution concept is frustrating and tedious in practise.

Just another system like Stamina, Transfusion, Channeling, Combos, Parkour, and helmet stats that seemed like good ideas but nobody really enjoys much.

- For those who said this topic is more like a complaint and less like a feedback. Yes this topic is a complaint. In case you don't know, complaint or compliment is feedback.

- My whole idea about Kubrow breeding is that it's broken. What is the use of 2 imprints if it can't copy all Kubrow's attribute ? Just to copy patern and color ? U14.5 released 2 Kubrow pack of patern and color for you to customize, so now imprints do exactly the same function as Kubrow pack except it RNG their other attributes. Buying two good imprints, put them togerther then wait for RNG to do miracle for you ? If so why don't just use random incubation from the first place ? For examples, you want a Tall Muscular Black Sunika Kubrow. You have every kind of imprints, plenty of plats. How do you do it ?

- I want to use Kubrow imprints to breed a Kubrow I want. Great idea. But I can't control the result of the breeding. So why breed ? And why they make breeding system ? It's broken, badly.

a complaint is only feedback when you point out things that are wrong and express concern and possibly solutions to them, the op was leaning heavily on the side of just having a go rather than feedback...but in its won way its more of a highlight for a topic, that people who want to, can contribute their ideas and concerns.  that being said there are allready many kubrow feedback topics that have garnered alot of attention also stating the problems with the system and possible solutions and each of the falws that the op has mentioned.

now for a more feedback oriented feedback, the breeding is one of the worst thought out parts of the kubrows, it started as a nice idea, but sadly didnt quite work out the right way, and in the end became exploted by many of the more greedy players in the community.  honestly tho like i mentioned in another thread, it would have been better to increase the limit on imprinting and then just have the imprints produce non random eggs and make the eggs tradeable, not including the "random" egg you get from farming, giving players a bit more reassurance of what therye going to get, simply jamming in 2 random imprints into a random egg and then wasting a power core and 2 days just to find out its something your rather use as an intergalactic missile than a pet is a bit frustrating.  if each of teh species actually had unique looking eggs then people would know what types they were breeding...resulting in less complaints about only getting 1 type....(5 random incubations and they were ALL sahasas.....).  equelly for the fur decorations, you could make each of the unique looking eggs have further unique skins on them so taht people would know what kind of deco theyre getting so a stripped egg would definitely give you a tiger striped deco and a small spotted one would give you that dalmation like deco etc.

the other reason to make the non random eggs tradeable and distinguishable visually is that it would have narrowed down if not near eliminated the ability for people to scam others over the trade channel about what they were getting...i personally think you would have to be lacking all but 1 brain cell to pay the kinds of plat people are asking for, simply for the RANDOM chance to get a kubrow you want....it would have been better off to get the breeders to do the work and produce an egg that might be of worth and THEN have them claim their price for it.

but this is just my personal idea, and one of many, in how to improve the kubrows and i dont really feel that DE actually read most of the forum posts as it would be too much hasstle for them anyway.

Edited by EdgeKasim