Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coptering And Movement Concerns

(XBOX)FREQ1989

I am a PC player, so I know a thing or two. Heck I am a Master Founder, so when I tried to play with the control layout on the Xbox, I was rather upset. Why does roll and crouch need to be on the same button? It is confusing to say the least. It makes it hard to copter around and heck, it makes it hard to go right into crouch while moving forward, since it forced you into a slide. Maybe it is because I am not used to my Xbox controller, or maybe I am just too used to my PC account, but back when I first started playing on PC, I used my 360 controller. I guess all I can ask for is to  have two functions not on the same button, and while having to click the stick to toggle sprint is great, I prefer to have to hold the stick if it means freeing up the crouch button. I understand why they did it, we need literally ONE more button, but maybe we can (at least I know I will) find a function to sacrifice to free up a space. Just a thought I guess. Maybe this is just an old veteran player not being used to having options. Let me know what any of you guys think. If anything I'll just deal with it. After all, I did get a lot of stuff for PC, perhaps I should stay there.

It is the same for PS4 I am fairly certain-- I've become quite used to the sprint roll crouch all being on the same button.. I just set crouch to toggle and that pretty much rids me of my worries.  I do wish it was a tad more responsive though- I suppose it has to be this way though because tapping = a roll, and holding for a split sec longer = sliding.  Also, I have also noticed one thing that you mentioned, the first time you crouch after toggleing sprint off, or just running out of stamina... it slides anyway haha.

What I'm still trying to figure out is why there is such a huge input delay on the slide. I have played warframe on PC with a controller since update 5 and I am nowhere near as agile as I am on PC. I'm used to the couch/slide action being on the same button, so that isn't the problem. Why there seems to be so much delay that is throwing off my coptering and sprint-jump-slide combo. Movement is too sluggish atm and needs to be fixed, I'm about half as efficient with my movements on X1 compared to PC, both using controller and both using the same button layout. So clearly there is something wrong.

So i havent played warframe since the early days on PC and that was when it felt clunky on that.

Now ive tried it on the XB1 it still feels the same as it did back then, 

I dont get why all 3 things are mapped to one button, i may be missing something here but how do you distinguish between crouch roll and slide, i mean when im standing still i roll, when i want to slide i roll, hell i cant seem to crouch half the times i want to..

It gets very confusing and frustrating to the point that i have to put it down, ive heard how the game took off on pc after my concerns at the beginning and i was hoping it would be 10x better with a controller but i just cant see it.

I hope something is done about it. There are good points here. The input lag is rather bad, but I don't know if that is because of the controller itself or not. The lack of a sprint toggle on/off option is irritating, as it does restrict movement for the veteran players used to having those options. After playing a little longer, I noticed another big issue for myself, and that is the dead zone of the sticks, but this is the actual controller function which really seems to screw with my aim really really bad, not to mention the top of the stick are too small for me but this just ends up being feedback for Microsoft. Overall, I am just a little disappointed with the control scheme choices for putting those functions all on the same button, as it clearly was a poor choice. Hopefully there will be enough awareness about this to push DE to change it, or at least consider it.