Tips And Tricks! Megathread

SgtFlex

Question

This is a thread (since im bored) where I will post small tips or tricks to using frames/weapons per day. Not the basic stuff about modding, but rather some stuff you may not have known. I might post a tip a day just to keep the thread alive, and am welcome to other's posting Tips/Tricks, or even appreciation if they've found it helpful! I'll start off with one right now, and post another tomorrow. It might be a while before I run out, or maybe not, not entirely sure.

Tips & Tricks #1: Ragdolling Nekros Punch
Jumping near an enemy and casting soul punch while you are in mid-air looking down upon an enemy, you can use it to ragdoll most enemies within a 5-10m radius, or wherever you have a higher altitude vantage point on an enemy

bq517.gif

Basically whenever a soul punched enemy hits a wall/ground, it will ragdoll enemies within 5-10m of where it impacted and deal 100 impact damage

Tips & Tricks #2: Super Jumps

Using bounce and vortex within close proximity of each other as Vauban allows you to jump even higher, allowing you and friendlies to reach vantage points with ease

Tips and Tricks #3: Trinity Nuke

Casting Well of Life, and then Energy Vampire right as Well of Life is ending will "Nuke" an enemy, taking off enormous amounts of health each pulse (Needs more testing on how useful it can be, but judging from mid-tier enemies, this is a guaranteed kill for all enemies)

Edited by SgtFlex

13 answers to this question

Machete type weapons copter well.

Fixed it to use the weapon type. 

To copter (assuming that the reader has not yet learned this) run, then while running crouch to slide, and then press your melee button. you will fly off into the sunset. (sometimes)

Shooting through electric shield gives unlimited range to shotguns and beam-type weapons, and also doubles crit damage

OMFG ! :D

you start a wallrun holding [space] while jumping on a wall, release [space] fast - so you just "tap" the wall and youll get a "jumpboost".

nice in combination with proper coptering ^^

Edited by Muhamar

OMFG ! :D

you start a wallrun holding [space] while jumping on a wall, release [space] fast - so you just "tap" the wall and youll get a "jumpboost".

nice in combination with proper coptering ^^

This has been nerfed to hell when they removed the ability for infinite vertical wallrun.

Slide attacking or Slide jumping through Corpus laser doors will prevent knock downs when timed correctly.

Coptering is mostly reliable, depending on speed, slide jump is a kind okay, I've been knocked down a few times slide jumping, but I think combat rolls always get you through with no troubles

This has been nerfed to hell when they removed the ability for infinite vertical wallrun.

Can confirm. I can kind of understand removing the infinite vertical wallrun (but it's not like it was OP or prevented you from getting to certain places that a Wormhole Nova or Switch TP Loki could) but the wall boost? Not cool, DE, not cool. Parkour moves are what make this game unique. You feel like a real space ninja jumping off walls. Also, they nerfed parkour course spawns. Now they only spawn in Capture and Mobile Defense in the Void. And 0-1 courses at that. Use to be you could find them everywhere.

Forgot about the thread lol, anyways...

Tips and Tricks #3

Casting Well of Life, and then Energy Vampire right as Well of Life is ending will "Nuke" an enemy, taking off enormous amounts of health each pulse (Needs more testing on how useful it can be, but judging from mid-tier enemies, this is a guaranteed kill for all enemies)

Edited by SgtFlex