Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox One Features Are Blocked Due To A Parental Control Restriction?

GGStorm

I have Warframe installed on my Xbox One, but I can't actually play the game pass the login screen on my profile. The profile I'm using has unrestricted "access to content" my privacy is a custom adult setting, the "web filter" is disabled and the one guide content allows explicit. Even though I have all of those settings active on the profile I want to use I can't play. This is the text that pops up on the Warframe login screen on the profile I want to use: "Xbox One features are disabled due to a parental control restriction on your Microsoft account" I don't know how to fix this.

Asking your parents?

I know. Wasn't funny. Actually i cant help, sounds a bit like a hidden option you may have enabled. Because the other xbone users dont seem to have the same problem. Maybe try opening a support ticket. Hope you can start to play anytime soon. ;-)

Asking your parents?

I know. Wasn't funny. Actually i cant help, sounds a bit like a hidden option you may have enabled. Because the other xbone users dont seem to have the same problem. Maybe try opening a support ticket. Hope you can start to play anytime soon. ;-)

Everything is unrestricted. And I have access to the parent account.

I have Warframe installed on my Xbox One, but I can't actually play the game pass the login screen on my profile. The profile I'm using has unrestricted "access to content" my privacy is a custom adult setting, the "web filter" is disabled and the one guide content allows explicit. Even though I have all of those settings active on the profile I want to use I can't play. This is the text that pops up on the Warframe login screen on the profile I want to use: "Xbox One features are disabled due to a parental control restriction on your Microsoft account" I don't know how to fix this.

The restrictions it's telling you are for your Microsoft account, not the Xbox system. You will have to login to xbox.com and change your privacy settings on the website. :)

1. Go to http://www.xbox.com/?xr=mebarnav and login

2. Once logged in, at the upper right corner, click "My Account"

3. Scroll down and click on "Manage my privacy and online safety"

4. Make sure you are on the "Privacy" tab and edit settings there to your preference.

5. Once done, click on the "Xbox One Online Safety" tab and edit settings

5a.*Make sure "buy and download" is allowed

6. Click the "Save" button at the bottom, restart your Xbox and it *should* be working :)

Edited by Lazmarr

Hi all I've been doing some research into this and It turn out at the moment there is not clear fix for this issue as accounts using parental controls can view and play content of a mature nature if it's paid for, for items that are free it is considered advertising and is there for blocked meaning unless you can fully remove parental controls by promoting your Xbox account there is no way it will work.

But I have a theory that is you were to change the Microsoft account for the gamer tag by doing this,(http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account) on a 360 you would lift the restrictions, the down side is that you would have to make a new Microsoft account and make sure the age on it was 18.

As I can see it this would be the only way but I'm unable to test this so if someone could and then message me on Xbox at Nanobolts to tell me if it has worked I would be very thankful.

P.s sorry for bad punctuation and grammar.

This has been fixed - before there was an unwanted 'catch' net for people not being able to make accounts or play even if they had the correct age/permissions to do so, and that has been fixed as of yesterday.

Hello,

I am still having this problem tonight with my son's account, it won't let him play at all even though he has no restriction on content or downloads... any specific setting that is needed for this to work, or do you have any trick for us?

Thanks!

This has been fixed - before there was an unwanted 'catch' net for people not being able to make accounts or play even if they had the correct age/permissions to do so, and that has been fixed as of yesterday.

Still having issues with my son's account.  I have removed all restrictions and allowed access to buy.  Son's account was originally made as a child account.  My daughter's account was made as and adult account and has no issues logging into game.  I have changed my son's date of birth on his Microsoft Live account also.  Very frustrating.

I'm having the same issue with my son's account. I've allowed everything on his XBone online safety settings and it still states the issue is with parental control settings on his Microsoft account. I can play but he can't. If the issue persists, in about 4 days you're going to lose his interest when Destiny releases...

Edited by (XB1)AznPhish

I have changed everything on my account to unrestricted and I have checked but there are no more settings left on the Xbox One to change. I still can't play Warframe and I just wanted to know If I could do anything more to fix it? Or should I just wait until a later update like when they let you transfer your PC account to the Xbox just like they did with the PS4. I like Xbox more than Playstation but until then I will just use the PS4, but please could anyone show me any other ways to play Warframe on the Xbox One? Please.

Still not fixed

I downloaded this yesterday but had to wait until today to play it. So when I loaded the game and got to the login screen thing, it wouldn't let me create an account or anything due to a parental restriction that is nonexistent. this is very frustrating because I have been really wanting to play this game ever since I saw my brother-in-law play it on PC.

I'm seriously just SO done with Destiny, I immediately came to this and created an account. I saw how it played and heard X1 had a version, I'm IN LOVE with this game, but for the life of me, I need to figure out this parent control bullcrap, I'm 17, I've seen a few graphic things in my lifetime, so why is it that this glitch impedes me from seeing a few heads and limbs roll on the ground? I messed with the controls for an hour trying to get it to work! I even tried seeing if it was a microsoft glitch and not a warframe one! WTF!

• 2 weeks later...

im also having this problem it has not been fixed please fix it i enjoy this game a lot on the computer but it will not let me access it on my xbox one because of parental restrictions and i have checked every thing i have every thing unlocked for me but it wont let me access it please help.

• 2 weeks later...

My son is having this issue as well. I've enabled his profile to play this game and have the multiplayer related restrictions off but he still gets this 'parental control' message when trying to play. In addition (and I can't help but think this is related), when he signs into warframe.com using his Xbox info he gets a message saying 'Please create an account on your Xbox One console before continuing.' It's like warframe can't see that he has an xbox account at all. He is gold and I've checked parental settings in xbox and Microsoft.com. This makes no sense as he can play any other game I 'unlock' for him. It's just warframe. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Like EvilTodd, still having problems with the child account who appears to have way more wide open permissions than myself. Can someone give specific items to check? I checked everything already listed in this post.

*** Also, if you hit the denied-child-account pop-up, there is an enticement to "SWITCH PROFILE (Y)" which does not successfully switch profiles. Must exit and re-launch. So, profiles are not being handled properly.

sp33chle55 "can't imagine" that there's a bug because not a software developer. Bugs show up in special cases all the time. Bugs show up in bank software that's been running unchanged for 30 years. They were there all the time but not exposed because very specific circumstances did not exist.

Cheers