Castanas Using Sniper Ammo- Is This Intended De?

Scorchling

equip castanas + a launcher = primary and secondary sharing ammo pool

mod castanas OR the launcher to have increased ammo and ammo mutation and mod the other one to deal damage as usual

you will

1) have a bigger ammo pool without having to use a max ammo mod in your build

2) be able to replenish ammo when needed by switching to the one with mutation

why go through the trouble of nerfing launchers ammo when you can do this? I'll gladly sacrifice my secondary to be able to spam rockets.

disclaimer, this might have been discussed before. so don't kill me if the topic already is finished. 

They are, and got their max ammo fixed/nerfed. why? I really don't know seeing how we can easily get around that doing what I wrote in the first post

You're not supposed to be able to get around it.

What you're experiencing is not intended and will likely be fixed when DE finds out.

Edited by 011100110110000101101101

equip castanas + a launcher = primary and secondary sharing ammo pool

mod castanas OR the launcher to have increased ammo and ammo mutation and mod the other one to deal damage as usual

you will

1) have a bigger ammo pool without having to use a max ammo mod in your build

2) be able to replenish ammo when needed by switching to the one with mutation

why go through the trouble of nerfing launchers ammo when you can do this? I'll gladly sacrifice my secondary to be able to spam rockets.

disclaimer, this might have been discussed before. so don't kill me if the topic already is finished. 

Well, this is still balanced. You gave up your secondary for infinite ammunition. But you have to pick up ammunition to do so anyway, instead of standing on top of a pole with 540+ grenades. 

probably, just that this one seems a bit too obvious to have gone through internal testing though. maybe they will change the ammo system eventually and this was just a quick fix. dunno.

They let Shield Flux's shield drain whilst still having stamina stay, and that's one of the first thing they should've tested with the mod. I hate to say it but... I'm not surprised that they missed this. At all. I just think they should change secondary and primary launchers having the same ammo pool. That's stupid.

Well, this is still balanced. You gave up your secondary for infinite ammunition. But you have to pick up ammunition to do so anyway, instead of standing on top of a pole with 540+ grenades. 

well, the fix was supposed to not let you spam your launcher and with this we can still do it. with no hassle geting extra ammo. I don't think those who just use penta bothers with their secondary anyway

well, the fix was supposed to not let you spam your launcher and with this we can still do it. with no hassle geting extra ammo. I don't think those who just use penta bothers with their secondary anyway

No. The fix was to make sure you couldn't sit in one position for a whole 30 waves of ODD without moving with an explosive weapon. They didn't nerf the ammo maximum to stop you from spamming, they nerfed the ammo capacity to stop people from:

Edit: Wrong vid.

Edited by (PS4)theelix

and what have changed? you just go down and resupply every third wave or so ( depending on how much forma you put in your launcher) and then jump up again. it is a minor hassle but that's all it is. or you drop a resupply pod.

i agree that it's ridiculous to have 540 ammo for your launcher. i just don't see the actual problem with it were or how it have changed since the fix was implemented. because thanks to castana sharing the exact same ammo pool we go around the fix and it's back to how it was before. + a jump down and a wall run up every now and then. 

edit: if there were an intention of indirectly lowering the damage of launchers by forcing us to use max ammo mods/mutations it's moot thanks to the way it was implemented. will stop beating the horse now. just wanted to know if there has been said anything about it from DE.

Edited by Scorchling

Okay, I wasn't aware of a reason this needed to happen, but it's really broken right now, and I'm not talking about the ammo sharing problem (which is obvious).

I used the Castanas as my main weapon for a long time while I ranked other stuff up and tried to find other things I liked. Maybe it was a bit too powerful, but in my experience, even if you're not using anything that shares ammo with it, it's tiny pool and rare ammo type makes it pretty much worthless now. I know it's a secondary, but a secondary still needs to be useful, at least in an emergency. In higher end content, the Castanas are now depleted in an instant, and even in easier stuff, they'll be gone before you know it. I would be extremely hesitant to even call it a backup at this point.

Whatever the problem was, this isn't a solution, it's just another problem.

Edited by Jokubas

Okay, I wasn't aware of a reason this needed to happen, but it's really broken right now, and I'm not talking about the ammo sharing problem (which is obvious).

Wait, they didn't fix it yet?

I thought the whole ammo-sharing glitch would be gone within a week of that update...

Wait, they didn't fix it yet?

I thought the whole ammo-sharing glitch would be gone within a week of that update...

Bug fixes of this sort don't generate revenue and only relatively few players are bothered by it so it's not surprising that it's still not fixed.

I'm not holding any hopes of this getting fixed anytime soon as developer focus right now seems to be Archwing

Bug fixes of this sort don't generate revenue and only relatively few players are bothered by it so it's not surprising that it's still not fixed.

I'm not holding any hopes of this getting fixed anytime soon as developer focus right now seems to be Archwing

I'm fairly certain that the people developing Archwing are not the same people who fix weapon glitches.