Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Make Defense Rewards On Par With Survivals

cesmode

Just a quick feedback/suggestion to bring Defense rewards on par with Survivals... Currently in survival every 5 minutes you get a reward from the pool of rewards.  In defense, every 5 waves you either take the reward or leave.  You get ONE vs several for a survival.

My suggestion:

Every 5 waves you get presented with a choice, stay or leave.  If you stay, you receive one reward.  If you leave, you receive that same reward as if you were going to stay, plus an additional reward from a different pool of rewards.

Thoughts? Or do people think that the reward structure of defense does not need to be adjusted.  Personally, If Im looking to farm mods or whatever, I don't do it in defenses.  I go to survivals because other than what drops on the ground, I will only walk away with one reward from the pool in a defense vs several from the pool in a survival.

Every now and then this comes up and every now and then we get promises and nothing changes. 

Seeing as another endless game mode is now going in and its on par with survival in terms of reward I think this just shows how much the defense/interception model needs to change. 

I think this isn't done because there is the feeling survival is more difficult due to having to run around and get kills etc where in defense you just camp the thing and wait for enemies to come to you.

Well, in tower defenses, its a bit different than an ODD or some infested mission.  Having corpus and grineer shoot you and the pod from afar does pose a lot of difficulty, Id say as much as survival.  In surival, I can run into an empty room to regen some shields.  Cant really do that in a tower defense because then the mobs will just blow the pod up.

And finding a perch, unless you're nova or something to port up to some ledge, doesnt work either.  Mobs will run up the steps and come at you anyways.

Well, in tower defenses, its a bit different than an ODD or some infested mission.  Having corpus and grineer shoot you and the pod from afar does pose a lot of difficulty, Id say as much as survival.  In surival, I can run into an empty room to regen some shields.  Cant really do that in a tower defense because then the mobs will just blow the pod up.

And finding a perch, unless you're nova or something to port up to some ledge, doesnt work either.  Mobs will run up the steps and come at you anyways.

You are right, just that was the feeling in the past.

Not to mention you can get seriously screwed over in defense when you keep skipping a reward and end up having to gracefully exit at wave 70+ with something crappy instead of the forma bp or mag/frost/braton prime part you skipped because you hoped you would get something better.

Edited by Keiiken

And Interception... Well about those 5 Natural Talents I got in a row lol

Thats another one where the rewards need to be looked at. Like defense you can end up skipping the best reward you will get hoping to get something better and feel cheated. I have also had issue with looking for a particular T4 key getting a different one my squad votes to continue, at the last moment everyone changes their mind and before I can click to change the timer runs out leaving me to solo or duo a missions that is an almost guaranteed failure with no chance to get the reward I passed on.

hings like that make you want to start doing like everyone else and grab the first thing that isn't natural talent. Suffice it to says I have a bunch of void keys I don't want, will probably not be using and can't sell for plat. Maybe when I get enough of them i'll sell for credits.