Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Much Is Ember Viable For End-Game Missions?

B0N3M4N

As the title says I want to know some feedback about Ember and the End-Game Missions. Today I've tried her after some time and compared to many other frames I think it's basically missing something on this Warframe for accessing to the End-Game, it's basically fun and everything but even with 1 or more forma on her seems like it's missing not that much about the modding of the Warframe but on the Warframe itself for me, I mean what is meant to do Ember at the End-Game? What is her role right now? Is her viable as it is or we have to wait something like a revamp for playing without getting huge problems at the End-Game?

Let's discuss about this.

As she is focused around dealing hard numbered damage, that damage becomes less and less viable the further you go. Her CC ability is next to none and her skills and short range while she lacks the health for staying at that range.

That is how I feel about her, while someone else might like her I feel she is doomed and can only rely on guns to keep her in there.

Yeah, Ember doesn't have much going for her besides burst damage with a definitive cap.

Once enemies cannot be bursted down, she becomes rather obsolete.

Well, not completely obsolete, she does have accelerant going for her, putting enemies in a sort of fake "burn panic" state, with a base 20m range and 15s duration with a 2.5x heat damage bonus to benefit from if you use heat damage on your weapons...

I have not tested it's reliability myself so I cannot say if it does affect all enemies with the burn panic for the full duration or not.

But put it next to say Excalibur and his radial blind (25m/15s) and we have the same duration but greater range + an added 4x melee multiplier due to how the enemies revert to their unaware state.

Atleast you could use her forced heat procs for hard CC and rely on accelerant to keep enemies from attacking.

But the range being only 20m on that radial cc.. if you reach an open room/area, you may just as well be dead.

Edit: Oh and Mitch's build (Department of bad ideas) sure uses this to great effect and makes it actually work.

Edited by Kamikiri

Yeah, Ember doesn't have much going for her besides burst damage with a definitive cap.

Once enemies cannot be bursted down, she becomes rather obsolete.

Well, not completely obsolete, she does have accelerant going for her, putting enemies in a sort of fake "burn panic" state, with a base 20m range and 15s duration with a 2.5x heat damage bonus to benefit from if you use heat damage on your weapons...

I have not tested it's reliability myself so I cannot say if it does affect all enemies with the burn panic for the full duration or not.

But put it next to say Excalibur and his radial blind (25m/15s) and we have the same duration but greater range + an added 4x melee multiplier due to how the enemies revert to their unaware state.

Atleast you could use her forced heat procs for hard CC and rely on accelerant to keep enemies from attacking.

But the range being only 20m on that radial cc.. if you reach an open room/area, you may just as well be dead.

That's what I'm talking about.

I mean normally I do missions in the Void where enemies goes over lv 80 and actually trying to use accelerant+world on fire or fireball on lvl 20 it doesn't seem that much powerful at all.

And for the guy talking about the Ignis I think the Ignis can be a really good weapon but personally is a bit too close range so can be a problem for mid-long range enemies and, I mean, if I have problems when I'm close range with some grineers lvl 20 cause of the damage recieved I just want to see at that level what's gonna happen...

She peters out FASTER in endless gamemodes but then everyone does.  It's just a matter of how you use her.  Accelerant's stun is really handy when you don't have someone like Nyx or Excal or even Mirage.  And for ODDs she's still a godsend because the weakness towards fire that most Infested have.  The straight damage isn't bad at all, just a matter how how it's applied.  You likely won't be soloing to wave 30 with her on ODD but why would you do that anyway.

i remember the old ember being a tough as nails unit with that damage reduction that got nerfed and then changed as too many people complained about it, but ive seen some builds using the new ember that are still viable, they just requrequick gameplay, that video earlyer is another example of how to make her have the survivalability needed to last in places she normally wouldnt.

would be nice if they maybe added an armour melt to one of her skills so that it could be used for the psuedo "endgame" content giving her a bit more usability.

If you can manage Ember's energy, which should be no problem for a team that plans ahead with Trinity's Energy Vampire and/or stacks and stacks of Medium Energy Restores, Ember can keep a large area permanently crowd-controlled with Accelerant while also providing a substantial damage boost by tripling Heat damage done to enemies. If you are running minus 100% enemy armor from corrosive projections everyone on the team can use Viral+Heat weapons to melt enemies well past the lvl 100 mark.

She takes a bit more planning to utilize than the cookie cutter team compositions. But a creative group can certainly go far with her. And since she brings both crowd control and a substantial damage boost she's a pretty nice frame for pubbing T4 defenses. I personally like running her with a Corrosive/Heat Serro and tearing into groups of enemies between Accelerant casts.

Edited by Ryjeon

Some people might hate on her, but if you use her CC, it gives you enough time to ulti and the bonus damage from the CC wrecks everything with the ulti. Fireball is still useful on later levels, mostly for panic effect and nice crowd damage. I have used her to great effect on level 40 on pretty much every faction. (She is definitely best against infested and weakest against Corpus, still viable though)

Almost all warframes are viable for "endgame"

Since almost all warframes default to using weapons.

Only those with scaling abilities can really power spam later.

Nova for slow and damage boost.

Excal and mirage for blind.

Vauban for bastion and vortex.

Loki for disarm.

Nyx for mind control and chaos

Trinity for link.

There are a few others, but most should get the idea.

There is no current "balance' to the endgame that isn't saturated with:  Heavy calibur + serration + Split chamber.  If you lack those three mods on a rifle, you aren't gonna get far on a damage based frame alone.

Void missions that have progressive waves simply are built to bolster mob health and defense. Which is something most warframe powers will not overcome after a time.

Edited by Nariala

I know she gets a lot of dirt thrown her way, but she's just as viable as any other frame. Personally I run around like a maniac with accelerant, fire blast & world on fire and do just fine.

Her survival is dependent on cc, just like most of the other top frames' are. The only things that hurt her late game really, are deeper problems with the game itself that hurt everybody (straight-to-health damage, grenades).

But yeah, most all of em work just fine in T4, every frame has something going for em I think. Only one I can't get into is Ash.