Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mod System: Beautiful And Utterly Useless

H0PE

I love how the mods look. I love how you managed to put it "nicely" on one screen and all.

But its useless. I'm not "reading mods" when I try to put them on weapons. I'm not "reading" how many I got spare from duplicates and which one I wanna transfuse into another mod.

I understand that people need to get used to things. This is utterly bad design still and I'm not telling this because I'm not used to it. It just bad.

Request: Please make the mod "cards" fully visible. I can't and most importantly WON'T use the game like this. Thanks in advance.

Ummm they expand when you scroll over them, I fail to understand what you mean, this makes it way easier because then removed useless thing and only put the info you need. 

^

Yeah, they still give you all of the details when you mouse-over. The way new card looks is much neater. With that said, it's kind of countered by the fact that they and the menus are now MASSIVE. If the UI was more similar to the previous one with the new cards, I think it would be much neater, and that would be perfect!

I don't think it's exactly pointless, but I think a little bit of change (or unchange) could make it very useful.

I think the point OP is trying to make is that many players -visually- identified with the mods. That was part of why they were originally designed to have such identifiable colour splatters, like Vitality's red, Rejuvination's blue.

Now, I'm forced to look for the rarity colour of whatever I'm looking for, and read each individual title. Screw mousing over them just to see the picture, I'm not going to repeatedly sweep my screen just to have the same at-a-glance identification as before.

I think the primary problem with any UI change overall is that the UI designers at DE don't play this game, though I could be wrong. It's the only explanation I can think of though, that they would prioritize mod rarity as an at-a-glance menu aesthetic.

Ummm they expand when you scroll over them, I fail to understand what you mean, this makes it way easier because then removed useless thing and only put the info you need. 

I got thousands of mods, and I made most of them scale up in mod points from 1-11. When I rank up a weapon or I wan't to upgrade mods I end up seeing hundreds of mods in straight line, with names.

Human brain works with pictures easy. Reading the mod names then move my mouse over to see the picture and/or read the name and read the rank number then scroll and so forth... its waste of time, not fun, and really frustrating.

Before, I scrolled down, looked at the pictures, I reached the one I wanted, double checked the mod rank, added to weapon, bang, done, got out from the screen. Now that takes minutes.

I think the point OP is trying to make is that many players -visually- identified with the mods. That was part of why they were originally designed to have such identifiable colour splatters, like Vitality's red, Rejuvination's blue.

Now, I'm forced to look for the rarity colour of whatever I'm looking for, and read each individual title. Screw mousing over them just to see the picture, I'm not going to repeatedly sweep my screen just to have the same at-a-glance identification as before.

I think the primary problem with any UI change overall is that the UI designers at DE don't play this game, though I could be wrong. It's the only explanation I can think of though, that they would prioritize mod rarity as an at-a-glance menu aesthetic.

I got that problem. I always looked for the picture first and the name last, rarity really doesn't matter in the context that I am using them, seeing as that I already have them and am not farming them. It's nice that you can now sort by polarity, which makes it less cluttered. Still, I agree that making the most prominent color indentify a mod's rarity is a poor choice. But, seeing as they are so condenssed, what would you have instead? Just half the picture? A different color? I'm not sure what they'd change it out with.

Deuces?

ifyoucanreadthisthenthehumanbrainworksbetterthanyouaregivingitcreditforsurethenewuiisalittlepuzzlingatfirstanditsnotwhatwereusedtobutgiveittimelikeallthingsseeingasdehasneverdoneauirollbackdontexpectthistobethefirstkeepitmovingkeepontruckin.

Edited by Gurzil