Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Hyena Boss Exploit.

Slank

If you keep running(strafe) in circles close to the Hyena boss for Neptune, he will never be able to hit you. I just solo'd him this way and it removed any sort of tension in the battle. Fighting him the "regular" way by peeking out of cover (solo, mind you) is nigh-impossible since he can out DPS you with perfect aim and instantaneous reflexes.

Not sure if this is the intent but one way is too hard while the other way is too easy. Some balancing of AI behavior/attack pattern is needed.

There is an even easier method to taking down the Hyena and certain other bosses by just sitting on top of a box.

Perhaps the easiest way to prevent this is to have them keep their distance, or give them more movement abilities such as a lunge for the Hyena to knock players down.

Edit: fixed the link

Edited by Klenne

There is another bug with Hyena that you left out. Just stant inside him and shoot. He will be confused and wont be able to hurt you since he can't reach you and will turn in circles. This is a good way to farm right now since i've never found a rhino chassis blueprint for two days and im still not finding it.

Edited by BlurDragon

• 2 weeks later...

If you keep running(strafe) in circles close to the Hyena boss for Neptune, he will never be able to hit you. I just solo'd him this way and it removed any sort of tension in the battle. Fighting him the "regular" way by peeking out of cover (solo, mind you) is nigh-impossible since he can out DPS you with perfect aim and instantaneous reflexes.

Not sure if this is the intent but one way is too hard while the other way is too easy. Some balancing of AI behavior/attack pattern is needed.

Well, if you take a look at boss fights in other games (take Dark Souls, for example), many bosses can be defeated in much the same manner, and some even require such tactics.

Besides, don't let them know that, they'll fix it now and we won't be able to farm nearly so easily.

Then what's the point of this being a beta, furby? :v

Bug occurred to me recently, I panicked when trying to solo Hyena, run inside it and kept hitting it with my Cronus while running around, it kept kind of trying to look at me for a while and then it just stopped, casting the electric shield now and then after it's health dropped to less than 50%

I got him, after running out of ammo, by just gtting right up to him (you clip to his center) and meleeing.