Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Data Mining And Its Repurcussions.

Donutdude

Greetings Tenno.

I recently ran into a topic over on the Warframe wiki that deserves some attention.

I have two questions for you all to discuss:

1.) Do you think data mining should be allowed?

2.) What are your opinions on DE's plans?

Personally, I have always been against data mining.  I feel it spoils the "surprise" that new content brings somewhat.

So, discuss.

While people are welcome to discuss leaks elsewhere, discussing leaked information here before the developers announce it is a bit of a no-no:

2a) LEAKED CONTENT- Please do not promote or share leaks in the forums. If you are concerned about leaks please PM the DE staff. Continued posting of leaks/rumors will result in a warning point if the action continues after initial contact.

Also I've removed the link from your post. 

While people are welcome to discuss leaks elsewhere, discussing leaked information here before the developers announce it is a bit of a no-no:

Also I've removed the link from your post. 

Oh snap.  I did not even realise this was a policy.

Sorry about that.  Thanks for removing the link.  I'll fire an e-mail to DE's support about it instead then.

Oh snap.  I did not even realise this was a policy.

Sorry about that.  Thanks for removing the link.  I'll fire an e-mail to DE's support about it instead then.

A PM would probably get you a faster answer, support is really backlogged currently. I could probably answer questions you might have, but I'd understand if you'd rather talk to one of the forum staff.

You mean you don't like to know what's coming a month or so before actual release? Once upon a time I didn't either. But as a PS4 player, that means I can't check forums for absolutely anything or the surprise is ruined, can't check region chat or surprise is ruined. It sucks but I had to suck it up and deal with it. As for what's coming , Im excited about the melee weapon prime on it's way and for no reason since I won't be able to use it for another 2-3 maybe even 4 months.

And this yet another evidence of something some people have been saying for a long time: Only the drop tables were obfuscated in WF's code, even stuff yet to be released is open for viewing with the correct knowledge and tools.

Also please before hating on dataminers completely remember we have to thank them for bringing some accountability and helping DE "fix" Void drop tables not once, but twice, before they were blocked from doing so any further by the obfuscation of drop tables.

I once played Battle star galactica and when dataminers leaked info of big update that would had changed game a lot the owners decided to hault it for one year because of dataleak problem needed to be solved :/

maybe even DE at somepoint does this same trick cuz of miners -.-

1. It isn't allowed, however the truth is that there are not a huge variety of options DE can employ to stop it. They can slap a new lock on but someone will always figure it out. The majority of the people doing datamining are both skilled and bored, a deadly effective combination.

2. I wish DE would actually stop and care about lore.

I'm more on a Yes-And-No road about data mining.

If the purpose of it is to dig out info, like drop rates, precise health scaling per level and that sort of thing. Stuff that already exist but not known, which in general would be nice to know, I'm totally cool with that.

But if they have to dig out stuff that are already in the files but not yet shown to the public officially, like the next primes and such, that's bad. Dont do it.