Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Safety Net Around A Map.

[DE]Grzegorz

This stuff is recquired, either this or change how Evolution Engine reacts to players falling down to the void.

Solutions:

A) Devbox around a map with entrances, even through the walls, these are one way doors most of the time.

B) Forcefield all around the map pushing players back into the playzone.

C) Teleport back to spawn/near teammates if player reaches certain depth.

Video explaining the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mkK3_VolLo

Also, good looking finisher.

Edited by Mofixil

Yeah, this has been a pretty long-standing and somewhat-overlooked problem, hasn't it?

Zephyr can't fly higher than 10 feet in certain places or she gets a slap on the wrist and gets teleported back to the ground for trying to do the thing she was made for, but if you're in a void mission you can fall right through the perfectly solid floor with little to no insight as to how it happened.  Not to mention the whole "teleport barrier" thing ruins continuity of gameplay and really has no bearing on it other than to disrupt it.  But that's a different story.

Really hoping something does get changed though.  I'd imagine starting from the ground up would be the most effective way to tackle this for everyone's sake (though Zephyr especially).  For instance, there's a part of the Grineer Galleon tileset in which there's a planetarium-like structure.  The hole (if you could even call it that) within the center of this structure is a good 6 feet deep at the bottom, but for some reason we get teleported out of it.  Then, when you want to get some high ground as any high-mobility Warframe like Valkyr or Excalibur, you get teleported out of it because you weren't supposed to be there, but then nothing told you that you weren't.

Probably broadening the topic a bit, but it doesn't hurt to compliment the original one.  If they can fix all level border problems at once rather than in sequence, it would probably save them quite a bit of time.

oh god this has happened to me way too many times

you fall to your death and are forced to use up a revive because theres no other way out of it

the other day i was on a saturn mission this happened...but when i revived i was in the same place i fell from and just had to quit...

oh god this has happened to me way too many times

you fall to your death and are forced to use up a revive because theres no other way out of it

the other day i was on a saturn mission this happened...but when i revived i was in the same place i fell from and just had to quit...

Yeah. That has happened to me on normal, flat ground just because I used Bladestorm XP

And I thought Ruk was dumb...

Agreed. I don't know why when you fall into the pit you get teleported back, but not when you fall out of the map.

Yea I had that happen I got stuck in the ceiling, then worked my way out the map, which I fell for a long long time. I came crashing thru the ceiling  some one where else in the map on and landed face first which I magicaly died with full shields and health.

Edited by genclaymore